New Hosted Game! "The Courting of Miss Bennet" by Michael Gray

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Play through Pride and Prejudice, the classic romance novel! You are a young woman in 1813, hoping to find your true love. But which of your five suitors will you favor? The aloof nobleman Mr. Darcy? The amiable Mr. Bingley? The stuffy Mr. Collins, the kind-hearted Colonel Fitzwilliam, or the villainous Mr. Wickham? It’s 33% off until June 14th!

The Courting of Miss Bennet is a 200,000 word interactive romance novel by Michael Gray, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Find love in the Regency era!
• Play through the classic novel!
• Choose from five different bachelors!
• Experience courting in 1800’s England!

Find your happy ending today!

Michael Gray developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

30 Likes

I must say it really made my day to see a non-male genderlocked HG getting released.

Well, given that it seems to be a game about romance and all the LIs seem to be guys I wont say it’ll be my favorite game probably, but I still think this is awesome.

23 Likes

Female gender lock for once? Yay!
All male romance options though? For a romance game? …Oh. ( Because gay people didn’t exist in the past! Ha! I jest of course.)

Ah well, I did like the setting though. Hope more authors explore it.

15 Likes

There can never be enough Pride & Prejudice adaptations for me.

5 Likes

I think in this game you are elizabeth bennet of the tale, and less of a blank slate character, like how it is a lot with most cog/host games, and in story she is heterosexual.

And yes, more authors need to explore this era!

2 Likes

Mm I’m aware.
I’ll just wait for Guenevere though. Where you arent a blank slate either but can still be lesbian or bi.

21 Likes

Reading this and I wonder if I’m the only one who keeps imagining Elizabeth looking like Keira Knightley? Guess I saw that movie too many times…

7 Likes

Same.

I am still having second thoughts of buying it though since Elizabeth and Darcy will always be canon for me. :joy:

1 Like

Having completed my first read through, I find that the author has tastefully re-imagined a great classic. I believe that Austen would approve. I am curious as to how Gray would approach a game based on Sense and Sensibility.

2 Likes

Do I have to romance someone or can I choose to remain single?

2 Likes

I love the idea of this and can’t wait to read! Could someone remind me who “Colonel Fitzwilliam” is in the original book, though? Isn’t Mr. Darcy’s first name Fitzwilliam?

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, he’s Mr. Darcy’s cousin. A Colonel. XD

1 Like

Are BOTH of them named Fitzwilliam, then?? XD that’s unfortunate…

Regardless, I’m looking forward to trying this out, I love Regency-era stories!

3 Likes

No. XD Fitzwilliam is Darcy’s first name while it’s his cousin family name.

2 Likes

Found this typo. It should be bachelor

I just buyed the game. So far, interesting. I admit I’m usually not much into romantic novels, but Pride and Pregiudice is a little weakness of mine (not the movie that I found horribly boring) and I like the context.
For now, I would have liked some more ways to define “my” Miss Bennet, but is a pleasing read so far.

Please send these type of fixes through the support email so CoG could patch this up. =)

1 Like

May I ask what is the support email?

support-missbennet-gps@hostedgames.com

1 Like

I’m about halfway through, but I had to put it down (stupid real life with all its jobs and responsibilities) I’m really enjoying this so far, and that’s saying something cause I’m actually really not that much of a fan of Pride and Prejudice. (Please don’t kill me)

I wonder…would it be derailing the conversation too much to ask what other venerable old (long out of copyright) novels people would be interested in seeing get the choice script treatment?

1 Like