New Hosted Game! Samurai of Hyuga Book 4 by Devon Connell

OK Thanks!

1 Like

Book 5 Announcement

[Visible Happiness]

33 Likes

Thanks for this! Iā€™m both excited and terrified that Book 5 will be out in the wild soon. As a Toshmancer, I have a gut feeling that itā€™s their turn in for a character arc. And looking back on the character arcs from other characters, it will be a roller-coaster ride for sure.

15 Likes

And Angst. Lost and lots of angst

7 Likes

Iā€™m really excited for book 5. I went all-in with the Junko romance and having the Ronin find out what she did to Momoko is gonna really be terrible.

8 Likes

I have 0 cents in my account right now, otherwise Iā€™d get that patreon and early access. Canā€™t wait for the public demo!

3 Likes

Ahh, Itā€™ll be a fight with myself to not play the demo once itā€™s available, it always makes the wait even worse~
But Itā€™s awesome to get some news! Mid 2021ā€¦ With whatā€™s been happening, it feels like itā€™s been years since book 4 lol

9 Likes

When I first played book 4, I was sick to my stomach but loved it to the end. Can only imagine what book 5 has in store for us

7 Likes

Same! Iā€™d love to get early patreon access but imma wait too. Meanwhile, Iā€™ll replay every book!

3 Likes

I want to start by saying itā€™s been a little while since Iā€™ve played the 4th book so if I misremember something sorry.

So I really like this series and Iā€™ve played all the other books and know this is a dark story but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played a hosted game that broke my immersion as much as this fourth book has. Donā€™t get me wrong it has great parts in it and the overall story is really good, itā€™s just that I felt like my MCā€™s personality completely changed and there was nothing I could do about it.

So in previous books I thought jun was pretty interesting despite their being no real interaction between him and the ronin, so I was excited for their interactions in this book but upon romancing him it was like my MCā€™s personality changed entirely and that didnā€™t sit well with me, it broke my immersion in the story. It was basically romance jun and have the ronin behave in a way I never imagined him to or donā€™t romance jun and (literally) be dragged around on a leash with him for most of the book.

Iā€™m also hesitant with continuing to romance tosh because kinda feels like heā€™s more interested in the ronin because their the chosen one than for who they really are.

In my play through I finished the book having romanced tosh and jun but by the end Iā€™m a bit torn, I want to keep playing for the story because itā€™s great but I also worry it will continue to feel like my choices will mean little and my character will change on me.

(I realize this is a dark story with mature themes but I felt like some of the sensitive matters were not handled as well as the could of been.)

Long story short after this last book Iā€™m a bit torn because I really like the series as a whole.

8 Likes

I see where youā€™re coming from and I think this has been discussed various times, but as Devon pointed out before, itā€™s his story being told.

Certain things were pre-determined and the story, in the end, is rather linear.
Choices determine the fluff and a bit of the tone but I donā€™t see there being massive variations, other than scenes relating to the LI.

While I know all of that and know that itā€™s dark, I just donā€™t want a doom & gloom ending.
Thereā€™s enough of that in the real world that I donā€™t necessarily want it in my escape from reality.

No idea what Devon has planned for the end of course, but Iā€™m hoping that if we have an actual choice - itā€™ll be for a good/somewhat-happy finale.

After reading chapter one thoughā€¦ pfffshhā€¦ itā€™ll be a tough ride. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna say.

21 Likes

I will have to wait to see the Tosh chapter, to reconcile whatever it reveals to their previous horrible behavior.

If Ichiro and the Baron fought a sword duel (in human form), who would win?

Both opponents have enough skill to earn the Roninā€™s respect even without the Jigoku so the matchup might be interesting.

Ichiroā€™s iaijutsu quick-draw and the cutting strength of his katana grant him formidable speed and power.

The Baronā€™s spring-coiled thrust and long reach of his rapier grant him formidable speed and precision.

Assuming the two are tied at speed I would be inclined to favor Ichiroā€™s victory. He only needs to strike once to deliver a devastating cut. The Baronā€™s attacks may be difficult to deflect but he would need to strike multiple times to wear down Ichiro unless he is somehow able to hit a vital spot in one go.

The Baronā€™s most effective counter would be evading Ichiroā€™s strike zone and steadily delivering his attacks from a distance, likely aiming to reduce his opponentā€™s mobility until he is able to launch a finishing strike. But he cannot afford any misstep which could bring him even momentarily into Ichiroā€™s reach.

2 Likes

It seems writing is going well based from Devonā€™s twitter. I would advice to avoid asking for an update as per forums FAQ and I also suggest following Devonā€™s twitter account and webpage and if you have extra money, support his Patreon page to get more exclusive update.

He doesnā€™t give update here unfortunately.

Hereā€™s his webpage

His twitter

https://twitter.com/MChoiceStudios?s=09

His Patreon

7 Likes

Woahh theres 5 chapters of the demo released on patreon? Oh man, must fight the urge!!!

4 Likes

i gotta say the content is worth it

3 Likes

Not to mention there are 30 short stories which are fantastic

3 Likes

Best game in CoG I ever played.
But can some explain how can I register at writerā€™s Patreon if I donā€™t have a Credit card and only debit card??? Because I really want to read the Book 5 chapters released exclusively on patronšŸ˜

1 Like

Do you have PayPal?

you can sign up with your debit card you just need to put your card information in