New Hosted Game! Samurai of Hyuga Book 4 by Devon Connell

Is that the case? I thought it was when they have an outline or something . Not sure

Hmm i recently read wayhaven book 2 and at the end it something about the next book needing to be like 80% complete before they allow the save function, but i could have my facts totally wrong on that, i just no that hosted dont let you save until the next book is close by, just not sure how close, does anybody no how long the save feature has been available for book 4?

1 Like

For any game, you won’t be able to save until the next game is published, so as to prevent you mass hoarding all the “trial and error” saves before you finalize your canon play through. So until Book Five is close to being published, you’re not going to have a save option.

Regarding the save feature for Book 4:

I’ve recently gotten email confirmation from @jasonstevanhill that it’s been implemented. I didn’t want to give a public announcement about it until I could be more sure that it’s active across all regions and platforms. That said, I definitely don’t want mixed messages from readers either!

The milestone Jason and I agreed on was 50,000 words and a confirmation that no additional changes to Book 4 would be needed. The latter is especially important in making sure saves transfer smoothly across books. For SoH Book 5, this milestone has been reached.

This milestone makes sense to me and also spares readers from having to wait a year or longer before the game is officially in the publishing queue to get their saves in. If you’re an author and in a similar situation during your sequel, by all means point to this post and say “the samurai guy got to do it”! :rofl:

48 Likes

I finished book 4 today and i was able to save the game :thinking: thats why i thought maybe there had been a development

Edit: the post above

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up :blush: obviously still a while to go but progress :sunglasses:

1 Like

Finally!!! Some freakin update!

2 Likes

Finally saved my game, which has been sitting at the last chapter since the Book came out. For once in my life, perfect attunement!

Now, Devon, to get Jun back… :sob:

6 Likes

I liked the first three books, but this one was disappointing. I didn’t like Jun at all so spending an entire book with him was FAR from pleasure. And it felt like my MC was forced to feel a certain way no matter what I choose.
I played till the end because I hoped that there will be some way to fix things with Toshio, but no such luck. It feels like their relationships are ruined. :sob:

Now I cautious about Book 5 and don’t care what’s going to happen next. Why should I care? It’s not like my choices matter at all. :unamused:

4 Likes

Replay the first 3 games and tell me if your choices are any more diverse than it was in this game.

It is a character experience, the ronin has their own opinions about everything and they always have. I think people are just realizing this because they ran into a character they dislike and the ronin feels differently. I understand, I personally am immensely suspicious of Tosh and the Emperor and wanted to put Tosh in their place for what they did to you in book 3. The ronin doesn’t share this feeling however.

The quality hasn’t changes, only who you’re made to assiociate with.

30 Likes

Very true and well said!

SoH was always a relatively linear story, with main variations being flavor text.
I - for example - was very uncomfortable with Momoko and her behavior, but it happens anyway, because it’s the story that Devon tells.
For me, it doesn’t mean though, that I don’t want to know what happens next.

17 Likes

Yeah I agree, it is the story they want to tell, and I want them to do so as they intend.

There is something wrong with every romantic option that is put in front of the ronin. An aspect about their dynamic that is bound to make someone uncomfortable.

Masa: The age disparity between them and the Ronin.

Momoko: The unhealthy circumstances surrounding the romance at the time. Feeling like you are betraying a friend to pursue someone who has a interest in you that is ultimately to their detriment.

Tosh: The feeling that their “affections” for you aren’t entirely genuine, that your entire relationship is to manipulate you to fulfill the will of the emperor, their TRUE love.

Jun/ko : Their obvious toxic obsession with you and the abrasive and contentious dynamic you share. The underlying demons in both your pasts. The sad need they have to please your dead master.

25 Likes

Tbh i find myself reading this series more like a book anyway, i no my choices dont really matter, but it doesnt bother me cuz im just wanting to see what happens next, the story has me gripped

The only thing i think would let me down from here is if we dont get junko back, i found book 4 to be fantastic the best so far, i never thought after book 3 that i would come to care for junko like i do after book 4, but devon did some serious character development and now, i just want her back and to have her have a happier future, so thats where i am when it comes to book 5, BUT i dont believe junko will be coming back in this one IF she does at all

16 Likes

Absolutely and you actually pointed out some characteristics that I didn’t fully see myself, so thanks for that perspective.

@Rickym30 Same for me. I read it mainly as a story and less as an interactive story and I know that it will go to it’s destination, no matter what I do. I do appreciate though, that I can change the flavor of it, while I do so.

And I also agree on J. I wasn’t a huge fan in the early books (I still liked the character and wanted to know more but wasn’t as obsessed as I am now) but the development during B4 won me over.

But this has been discussed a lot of times and many have a different opinion - which I respect. I am just not a fan of bashing characters, when those may be enjoyed by other readers. This is more general statement and not limited or specifically directed at SoH.

5 Likes

Great post, youve just pointed out stuff that i didnt see myself but now i completely see it, especially tosh, im not trusting her any more, well her feelings at least lol :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, I only started suspecting after playing the series waaay too many times, I went into more detail in this earlier post about the whole conspiracy lol.

20 Likes

But I like snakes. :3
Anyway, I’m living for the Tosh drama & heartache
My Ronin will suffer for my curiosity~

9 Likes

Same. If it is true then, we have a character development arc for Tosh right there. :joy: Who between the Emperor or the Ronin will they follow? The angst ia just too real.

2 Likes

Yeah the drama is turnt up. I think @MultipleChoice paces each relationship really well throughout the story, its never too much at once, and every one of them feels bittersweet.

3 Likes

Lol wow, this is so awesome, thanks for this :+1: makes total sense

I have this feeling that we are going to kill the emperor during book 5, at the wedding, so it will be interesting to see what tosh does about that IF my feeling comes true

5 Likes