New Hosted Game! “Double/Cross” by Toni Owen-Blue

I’ve only had it happen when romancing Rob - right after the kidnapping attempt, it skips to ‘you spend the next month settling in’, then cuts back to finding the will and having the choice of what to do with it. If you give it to Rob or Rebecca, it plays a short response, then goes back to ‘you spend the next month…’, and it just repeats from there.

1 Like

I tried it both ways with and without Rebecca’s route and it still loops. However don’t worry man take your time on the patch and once again I really wanted to say that this game is awesome and I can’t wait for your next project. I would give this game 4/5

Glitches when I’m getting to the end of romancing Robert and I find the will it starts looping please fix :frowning:

There are a couple bugs if Christopher gets taken.

First, you have a command line in this sentence:

You look around you and see that Christopher, goto 42 's gone.

“I’m sure we’ll find them” Emma reassures you, “There was such a panic. But I know you can handle it. Tell us what you want us to do next.” <<

Second, even if Christopher is taken, and you have Opal, the game acts like he is still there.

set reb %-10 "I’m not going to do anything about it. The best way to stop it still remains the same. Ronan will have no reason to carry on doing what he’s doing if I have what is mine<<

The other has another command in the line, set reb %-10

This game is simply astonishing!! I really loved the characters and I’m so happy about the way the writer allowed each character to bound differently with the protagonist romantically and otherwise.

1 Like

I really liked this game. It isn’t absolutely breathtaking, yet its still probably one of my favorites. This is coming from someone who generally hates romance focused games, but this one was great! The romance options were fun, but every time I play, I always seem to ignore all the characters besides Rob and Rebecca. I preferred it over Choice Of Romance, definitely. My only complainant is the ending that felt very rushed.

1 Like

Rob’s ending loop is now fixed in the new update! Check it out guys!!! :smile:

1 Like

Hey u know if rob can b saved? Keeps getting shot…

1 Like

I think you can prevent it if you choose the gym on one of the earlier choices. Rob kept dying for me to, but I eventually saved him.

EDIT: It actually looks like it has something to do with the career stat. Either that, or you have to let Rebecca talk.

EDIT: I actually have no idea. I know it’s possible cause I did save him. I’m not sure how, though.

1 Like

I have just completed the game. The writing is decent even though the spelling mistakes and grammar errors kinda left sour impression.
Besides that, I too, have found the ending quite rushed.
Just don’t quite understand why have you even added an option to play as heterosexual male when there was only one romancable character for this option and much more options for the players playing other gender or sexuality? I wouldn’t care if I was forced to play as a female if I knew there would be more choices present.
The Opel romance felt a little bit forced to me, there wasn’t enough build up to it or anything. Don’t know if it’s the same with the other romances but from the choices I was presented even without taking it any step further I would feel that this wasn’t the case with them.
I don’t often make more than one or two playthroughs when playing COG because in most cases I get the ending I most want and can’t quite force myself to roleplay completely different person. However, if the romances for the straight female are better written, I kindly ask of someone in this forum to tell me and I’ll give it a shot. Thanks :slight_smile:

I feel that the romance for a straight female for both Alex and Christopher feel much better written at least in my opinion so I think you should give it a shot.

the most what i hated about this game is even when you chews
to be friends wit someone the gay relationships are forced on you.
What the hell, that made my rating go down from 2 to 1

1 Like

I thought Rebecca was an option too? I think the straight female or gay male options were better though.

Uh…that isn’t exclusively straight males. I know Rebecca was a bit forced on to the MC, even if you just wanted to be friends, but you get the option to reject her. So yeah.

@LordObs Agreed regarding Rebecca, but it still wasn’t as bad as the males.

I’m not sure if it’s really a bug, but the game crahses if launched without internet connection on phone. Should be some kind of message like "please connect to internet’, or better if the game wouldn’t require that.

Th I finally got it!

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, have been in Poland, not really an internet country.

Thanks for reports on bugs and things it makes it much easier to find them. @Lys I will be able to fix that one in the next patch.

@hapamama93 I know you’ve managed to get the ending, but just to clear up how you do it you need above 75 in your career stat to save him and above 95 to avoid getting shot yourself. Very difficult to do that last one.

@WilliamFiedler Rebecca is also an available romance for a straight male. But you can reach all endings with a friendship ending except Christopher’s, so you can still play the game without the romance options and get ‘good’ endings.

@jcury Sorry you feel that way. You do have the option to reject all romances when the arise. I didn’t want to have an option at the beginning that sealed off certain paths. Two reasons for that; first I know when people are role playing they like to develop a character as they go (at least I do), and see how the story unfolds, so I put the choice to romance them after you know a bit more about the characters. I also found it a bit more natural that romance is presented to the player regardless of their own preference. Propositioning people whose preferences don’t match your own is a mistake real people make and it was a scenario I thought added to the building of the relationships, which is what the game is all about.

@Ponku That’s something I’ve never encountered before. I didn’t think any Hosted games required connection to play. Sorry that that’s happening on your games.

2 Likes

Th for answering earlier! I feel silly but just to clarify there’s only one ending for Robert and Alex yes?

ahh this is so wonderful, i really like this game & i made an account just to say so, thanks for making it; it’s really interesting and the characters are so fleshed out & i’ve played it tons.

i was wondering how many endings there are in total though? and if there’s any way to save rob T_T