New Hosted Game! "Comrade or Czar" by Albnoob

i AM on Mobile.please release it for gamers like us.

You could play it using your mobile browser though I think you need to be online.

It’s not a hold-up on HG’s end, from the sound of things. I think Google is delaying it for some reason, right?

Yes, at this point we’re working on contacting Google about the problem. (Google hasn’t shared any information with us beyond listing it as “Pending Publication”, which normally lasts less than a day.)

2 Likes

could it be for political reasons???

2 Likes

In all honesty, this game was rushed, and it didn’t tell much of a story. It seems like a draft version of a story that could’ve been much better, imo.

4 Likes

please identify (imo)

@Kmgao It means in my opinion.

3 Likes

Couldn’t even get through the demo even though the setting sounded very promising. Having read the above comments, glad I didn’t miss anything.

1 Like

As a follow up, it’s now properly out on Google Play. As an additional note to that’s it’s rated 18+ in Russia (and otherwise receives low content rating in all other countries).

5 Likes

I remember when “banned in russia” was a meme >>

1 Like

Should we assume that had something to do with the lengthy delay in release?

Note to self: avoid ticking off major marketplaces with any future WIPs.

3 Likes

I’m surprise, this garbage not just terrible but also offensive. How on earth it was allowed to be released?

And now you’re being offensive

1 Like

Let’s not get into this. I get that not everyone is going to like every game, or consider every game good, but HG makes an effort to be open to everyone. If you don’t like a game, that’s perfectly fine, in fact, that’s why I make sure most Hosted Games have demos.

That said, any game that pisses off the Russian government enough that they block it from being released for the better part of a month, then effectively bans it is pretty alright by me, but that’s just my personal opinion.

18 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 15 hours.

Aye, part of the fun of HG is that like the proverbial box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. You have to take the Comrade or Czars with the Day Off Works. And 'tis true that anything which tweaks Putin’s nose is desirable.

Unrelated: I literally just realized that’s a rose beside your name. For the better part of a year I thought it was a signature or some sort of foreign language characters.

I’m going to slink away in shame now.

9 Likes

Well the current Russian government likes neither Comrades nor Czar’s, even if Putin effectively was one of the former who became the latter.

what?!
Stare
oh it really is a rose and not just unreadable arabic character… :flushed:

5 Likes