New Hosted Game! "Comrade or Czar" by Albnoob

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Are you prepared to lead the Revolution Of 1917? It’s the fall of the Czars! How will you build The Motherland!? It’s 25% off until February 8th!

Comrade or Czar is a 60,000 word interactive novel by Albnoob, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Lead armies to conquer the world!
• Build and reform Russia!
• Embrace Communism or stomp it out!
• Lead your side to victory!

Albnoob developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

8 Likes

Oh it’s out already? I’ll check it out then

1 Like

okay but I am hoping you guys do understand that in the October revolution Russia was, like, drowning in our own blood, right? brother against brother, etc? we’ve lost around 17 millions of people because of the slaughter, killing and starving only in the beginning of the revolution. it’s really touchy subject for Russian people.
I am just checking.

11 Likes

I tried the game and my comment on it would be that i found it a bit rushy. You get admiration of Lenin too quick and you get promoted too easily. Plus i found it a bit hard to get victories but that might just because i suck at military strategy games.

7 Likes

Some people might think some things better left untalked but my personal opinion is that its not a big deal. There are loads of movies and games about nazis.

7 Likes

The best way to forget about things is to not talk about it and those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it. I’d say I’m happy that this untapped part of history gets some attention in games.

6 Likes

Is anyone else having issues with accessing the game on play store?

11 Likes

I think you’re not the only one. I can’t seem to locate it as well.

2 Likes

Can’t find it either. Maybe it isn’t out just yet?

2 Likes

Seriously!!! I cannot find it in the Play Store either.

2 Likes

The concept was promising, but there doesn’t seem to be much room for independent character development aside from choosing your politics (although the flaw system early on was a nice touch that could have seen more expansion). Overall, it feels like it could have done with some more testing.

12 Likes

Yeah, i can’t find it on play stor either. Maybe it’s not out yet on it

2 Likes

Maybe you guys were looking in the paid area? This one is actually over in the free game side.

1 Like

Been using the search both at Google and Play store and it is not appearing . :thinking:

2 Likes

I dont think thats the problem it says it cant find it even when using the link (at least when i try)

3 Likes

Gotcha. I’m an iPhone user so I couldn’t say anything to that.

1 Like

I can’t find it on play store. maybe it will take some …

1 Like

So, Google seems to have held up the publication of the game, which is unusual (Google rarely does so). Unfortunately, at this moment, that’s about all the information we have (all Google is telling us is that’s it’s ‘Pending Publication’). If/when we get more information I’ll post it here.

9 Likes

So how do I get this game ?

2 Likes

Assuming you do not have an iPhone or iPad, by waiting for the Google release or downloading it from the HG website.

2 Likes