04/06/18: Updated information on the progress. I’ll post a demo for the game once I’m done with the Meeting Freemen, to be honest, the final demo will end before the Side Choosing.
11/26/17: Hi again, it’s me, just redoing the old Young Forever thread into something new after I reworked many kinks out of the old concepts.
I have a lot to work on for this, but since it’s bumped up suddenly, I figured it’s time to fix things. Thread still under construction etc. I haven’t gotten time to proofread or edit anything so I’m really sorry for any errors spotted
Inspired by various game titles like Last of Us, Fallout, Borderlands, and other sources like Mad Max and most importantly, Neverland. The story takes in a post apocalyptic world, surrounding the land named Neverland.
The civilization is nothing but a remnant of what was and a reminder of what will never be. There’s nothing left from our societies except the people who have no recollection of what comes before them. Corruption in the ground spreads wild and far beyond our reach. With hundreds years of growth, changes were impaled into our guts and our bones. The air we breathe is different from the one in the past, the water we now drink would hurt us years ago.
We now live in the time of never ending changes, when everything is a war for survival. And here in Neverland, everywhere is a battlefield, the only question is which side are you on?
Either you have the devil’s luck or misfortune for ending up in the midst of the war between factions that claim over the vast grounds of Neverland. Now with the tension rising high between the two major forces in the upcoming battle, it’s impossible to not get pulled in but you can try. Though more than anyone, you know safety is guaranteed in number and without somebody to watch your back, death is a promise that’ll be delivered.
After losing most of your family in an attack by lawless robbers, you scramble to find safe haven with one of your oldest friend with with to live in order to fighter another day. But you aren’t optimistic, and your entire world crumbles after the worst of accidents come for you. What would appear to be a slow death brings you to a turning page in your life when you get rescued by Peter, the leader of the Freemen. With the promise of a new roof over your head and food for your stomach, you decide to pledge your service to his force at least until you find a new home, or maybe you will find your place among his people.
Though, that would also mean you have put yourself as a pawn into this upcoming war between the two strongest forces of Neverland, and it’s in your hands whether you will remain a pawn, or fight against the odds to claim the power for yourself. Whether it’s for the metropolitan Freemen fighting for a new civilization or with the traditionalist Blackmarsh Merc fighting for the revival of the Empire, every choices will matter in the course to reshape the world around world.
- Customisable, though protagonist has a fairly established background, other things are up for the player’s decision.
Peter ( Codename: Pan ) - Leader of the Freemen: Charming and charismatic, he has everything it takes to be the leader of the idealistic Freemen. Despite his past being shrouded in mystery and his cunning, Peter remains one of the most beloved and revered figurehead at this side of Neverland.
Isabel ( Codename: Tinker ) - Second-in-command of the Freemen: The no-nonsense general of the Freemen, she’s often frustrated over how lax and laid-back Peter is sometimes. Regardless of her enmity towards their leader, it’s undeniable how much she cares for the people and her unwavering loyalty for them.
James Malik ( Codename: Hook ) - Leader of the Blackmarsh Mercenary: The feared and respected leader of the Blackmarsh Mercs. Despite his imposing stature and intimidating attitude, what’s truly remarkable about him is how he roused most of the mercenaries and outlaws on the wild land to follow him without question in less than two years.
Horatio Schmidt ( Codename: Schmidt ) - Second-in-command of the Blackmarsh Mercenary: Brotherly to his men and utterly warm and caring to others, most would be surprised to hear that Horatio played a large role in helping James taking over their old merc company before helping him becoming one of the most feared name on the wasteland.
Lilian North ( Codename: Tigerlily ) - Leader of the Wildfire: Lilian does her best to keep her people outside of the conflicts, only wanting to focus on the peace at her side of the land. But she also knows better than everyone that the land is unforgiving, and it won’t be long until she can’t no longer remain neutral about the fights on-going once it comes to her door.
Gwendolyn Jones ( Codename: Darling ) - Member of the Wildfire: After losing most of her family to the different sides of the war, Gwen decided she had just about enough and found safe harbour among the people of Wildfire. Though, even with the soft and gentle nature she adopted after leaving the war, it’s undeniable there’s still a lot of anger inside her, waiting to catch fire.
Are there more? Yes, but if I have to name every possible characters, we’ll be here all day. These are just the love interests and the characters who play a large role in the story.
- Romance options based original Neverland cast, albeit severely different in their characteristics but retain many points of their source of inspiration. (Hook, Peter, Smee, Tigerlily, Wendy, Tinkerbell, some of them will be known under different names in game)
- Two forces to ally yourself with bring on different storylines, I’ll try my best to not repeat FE:Fates’s mistake sweats. You can either choose to be a member of the Blackmarsh or the Freemen, fighting for what you believe in and earning the loyalties of those who fought with you.
- Three different roles to choose from: soldier, scout, tactician to bring up different ways to deal with the missions. I have yet to tackled this deeply but it should give the players different position in a mission, after the first mission that is.
- Character-focused plot because that’s the kind of writer I am sweats, a lot of this will be relationship drama next to war storyline, who you choose to ally with impact the relationships around you.
- Because of the unfamiliar settings compare to what I usually write, the length and the time consuming tasks to write this, it will probably take a while for the story to be finished. I’ll try to update often to stay on tracks but I’m still busy with a lot of things
- Will this be the only book? Probably not, the war began just some short time ago, and I already have the ending in mind for this one. There are definitely more to come with this. This is a project I plan to stick with in the long haul regardless of what will happen.
I’m currently rewriting the prologue, most of what I have finished isn’t written from protagonist’s POV but it should give an idea about what’s going before the protagonist was born. I will post a demo without any stat element once the premise is done, and then another to wrap up the entire beginning before you meet any of the forces. So, my plan is:
- Prologue (Past) - Prologue (Present) - Meeting the Freemen - First Mission - Meeting the Blackmarsh - Side Choosing - TBD