NATION: country simulator wip

Ah. Anyways, what year is this set in? They have IPhones, so it must be in modern times.

Yeah I was thinking about a time period of 2013-3078 donā€™t quote me on that just something I had in mind I want to make a quite lengthy game with many dynamics.

Oh Shiznip! That is almost two hundred years! I assume that Iā€™m going to get some sort of robotic thing to live that long.

More like 1065 years. I think he meant 2078 though lol.

That is my impossible goal to go up to 3078 but my realistic goal would be to get to about two hundred years and I believe if I pace my self and write for long periods of time I could achieve my unrealistic goal as well as the realistic one

200 years probably would be possible with medical advances, and the ruler of a nation would have the best available.

@fantom Oh wow, I canā€™t believe I messed up my math the bad. I was only off by 800, thatā€™s not too bad is it? :-S Is it?

@ItalionStailon Nah, not bad at all! Why, here in America itā€™d be perfectly normal.

Would that mean your family (future son/daughter) would carry on your veiw for your country? Or would they have a chance to change the type of government ? Or an out there idear- down load your mind to a computer and carry on yourself lol?

Well there are transhumanists who believe that the first people to enjoy immortality have already been born.

@DreamWalker the way I see it technology will be so advanced that your ruler may have back up bodies but I was thinking of doing you die and then someone takes over preferably your child and rule through them.

@fantom The American education system X_X

@Zane I love your story I hope there will be differences between monarchy, democratic and dictatorial regimes I will love create a almost nazi or communist regime and being a machiavelian assassin supreme leader will be a possibility

Horribleā€¦

@Marajade I am a Stalinist got anything to confess?

@Player Iā€™m a democratic lover in RL and monarchic but when I play or role-play I want experiment something I hate in my life I never shoot or kill a human but is funny, be evil in a game, at least for me

I would like to see more options to focus on the military.

Will there be scandals?

I like the concept butā€¦ The spelling and grammar is not good. The structure is also making me work way too hard. I want to read and enjoy the story and play the game. I do NOT want to have to work around your own work to understand what youā€™re trying to put across.

The dialogue certainly needs work; Stuff like this;

ā€œGive it to meā€ your mother says angrily ā€œgive it to me now, I deserve this nation , youā€™re to young and stupidā€¦I am much smarter and helped your father, give it to me and you will be without worryā€.

Isā€¦ I donā€™t know it really is something of a petty gang argument rather than something I assume someone whom mingles with high society would say. The same criticism can be levelled at your own dad in the story.

I get the feeling youā€™re rushing the dialogue and story because youā€™re thinking of the story and its ideas and concept and spilling it onto ā€˜paperā€™ so to speak. You really need to step back and comb it over and make it much more smoother before putting it out.

Furthermore, itā€™s usually an issue if you keep telling me, the reader, what Iā€™m feeling. Donā€™t do that all the time. I know what Iā€™m feeling via reading whats happening, if my dad was close to me and died (I kinda got that from your intro) then show me why that was the case. Donā€™t tell me I miss the guy cos heā€™s dead and Iā€™m feeling happy when the sun sets. Let ME draw my own feelings.

Otherwise, itā€™s a good concept, one that if you put the work into it and slow down a bit has the potential to be one of the best on this site.

@trollhunterthethird there will be lots and lots of scandals from personal ones like Monica Lewinsky to political like Watergate.

@Mardam the options for the military are going to be so large to the point where you could be able to dominate many many countries and that may cause WWIII.

@Marajade looks like everyone likes the dictatorship I have to try the hardest on that government.

@RVallant thanks for the I kind of struggled with the mother conversation and people do like to be able to think things for themselves Iā€™ll comb over it and if it is to be done Iā€™ll release an update.

This is a very good and well thought out game, only a few grammatical errors but other than that this is brilliant and I hope you add on to the length of it.