Nanowrimo 2017 Thread

I’m worried that I should have probably planned my interactive out a little better, even though I have the sections of the game you can get to just fine, but two in particular are a little bare bones outside the villain(s) I want to include. Guess there’s still time anyway. :grimacing:

1 Like

First posted updated with my user name. Aw yeah, les do dis

2 Likes

It starts tomorrow! Average around 1,650 words a day! For me, that’s 2-3 hours a day!

Crap that sounds impossible when you put it like that.

Someone inject some wide-eyed optimism here please!

6 Likes

I will try, but not startimg a new project, have to many open project as it is. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With the edits to unnatural done and the beta testing progressing well. I may take a month break from the series. My other little side projects fell through but I do have a new proof of concept I might turn into a month of turning it into a short cyoa.

7 Likes

The Fallen Hero final beta is wrapping up nicely, so… maybe I should use this as an excuse to get writing on book 2!

8 Likes

If you sign up, be sure to enter your Nano name on the OP wiki so we can all friend you.

I think I’ve friended everyone (whether they wanted me to or not!)

5 Likes

Once more, my timing for Nanowrimo is off.

I have a 165,000 word story to edit and a looming deadline to get it ready for beta so I can enter it into the contest.

Pesky full-time job! Any way I can claim that November is a religious holiday and that I have to stay home? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have no idea how well it’s gonna go this time around what with how busy I’ve gotten in the past couple of weeks 'n all, but here’s to trying!

6 Likes

Well, I figure I might as well :woman_shrugging:t2:

Username’s “Ylva K.”, add me :wink:

6 Likes

Yes, it’s a lot! (not sure if I’m cheating, but planning to include the coding words in that…) But yes, I also tend to think its about 1-1.5 hours per 1000 words (and that’s without the debugging and re-reading…)

1 Like

Just edited the wiki to gave my nano name.

My project I’m going to be working on is called Daemonsphere. (alternate title Daemonglass)

2 Likes

I use it to work on my drafts currently rotting away in a folder. I am one story in and I already hate all of Nanowrimo and myself.

I’m planning to write (or at least start) a Choicescript game for NaNo this year. It’ll be my first “real” CS project, so who knows how it’ll turn out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I’ve added everyone on the list now :slight_smile:. Just went to a write in, was good fun (and full of nice people I could talk to about strange plot topics without them thinking I’m odd :smile: )

4 Likes

How’s everyone doing? I’m at 6,163. Anyone else want to check in?

2 Likes

I started late this year, so I’m only at 3,014. Is it silly that I still feel pretty proud about how stuff is actually getting done?

2 Likes

At 18035, though only because I’ve been really hustling as I’m behind on my goals for my contest entry. ^^; Here’s to the power of the pen keyboard, though! I’ve been having fun writing absurd nonsense about bricks and bluffs.

4 Likes

Eighteen thousand and thirty five words? Fiogan that’s incredible!

2 Likes

Started well and now I’m bogged down in work (if that counted my word total will be higher…). Hopefully I’ll make progress again next week…

2 Likes