Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

I have my moments of responsibility. It scares the shit out of myself and others.

12 Likes

Riiiight did i tick someone off? Seems i looked away and came back with well up above.

Just extinguishing a fire before it starts is all

Oh great, have I p***** off another administrator? Man, am I really that good at annoying everyone?

Not pissed anybody off. Iā€™m just preventing something from happening is all :blush:

Nah, heā€™s just an unimportant nobody. Go right ahead with annoying him, though I would advice you to do that over PM and not on the public part of the forum. Such messages are off-topic and count as clutter. (see rules)

Now could we all go back to discussing Monsters of New Haven High?

Thank you in advance :wink:

13 Likes

All I did was post a dumb joke about sleeping with everyone in the game and now people are calling me ā€œfreakishly disturbingā€ and an ā€œunimportant nobodyā€

You couldā€™ve just simply ignored my joke and left it at that.

Nevermind,letā€™s just go back to discussing the game

5 Likes

She (jokingly) meant @Nathan_Faxon.

@Sashira, what if we tried to strike a bargain with the twins: they leave us alone, and we help them kill the other monsters in the school? Perhaps weĀ“d need a high humanity stat (which isā€¦ironic? We have so much humanity that weĀ“re willing to kill all of our monster friends to save ourselves), or perhaps we feel monsters are too dangerous to live, or weĀ“re power-hungry/slightly ax-crazy, or weĀ“re trying to protect our family, or weĀ“re only making the deal to buy ourselves some time, planning to double cross the twins?

5 Likes

Hey now, I actually found a bug that got my Wendigoā€™s humanity to 105% so itā€™s totally unironic. The only flaw to that plan, in my opinion, is that the twins could easily see you as a liability that needs to be dealt with once youā€™re done helping them. You already showed (and likely proved) that you were willing to kill. Thatā€™s probably big red flag to them. :scream:

Edit: Am I hallucinating, or did the forumā€™s post navigator widget changeā€¦? It used to be a nice blue box and now itā€™s this weird timeline?

1 Like

@Lithophene I was wondering what that weird little thing floating on the side of the screen all of a sudden was.

Yup. I meant @Nathan_Faxon. Weā€™ve got some sort ofā€¦ rivalry? going on. Might be a bit too strong a word for that, but he does like to annoy me from time to time, and vice versa.

Meh. Iā€™d rather just try to convince them that not all monsters are bad, possibly by saving their hides a few times. Or you know, the world. Whatever is going to happen at the time of that dance/game is probably going to be of the dangerous world-threatening kind. Thatā€™s the feeling I get anyway.

2 Likes

I feel like this is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer thing. ā€œNot another apocalypse!ā€

The more I think about it, the more unfair the disadvantage of the wendigo become,we HAVE to eat human meat, but we CANā€™T eat normal human food, not even the cookies :cry: ,thatā€™s a constant reminder for a high humanity MC

Not to mention having to eat your mother while you were still a human, yes, I know their mother willingly gave it to them, but can you imagine eating your own mother while she smile at you? I just hope that the wendigos are the most redeemable species in this story (or the most powerful monster if you went high monstrosity path). Oh, and will there be an encounter with another wendigo for a wendigo MC? For the other species itā€™s kind of obvious, the vampire have the relative or contact of their foster mother, the werewolf have a freaking pack, the demonā€¦wellā€¦I suppose there are more of them in their original world,right? The goblin have an underground society. But the wendigo? Iā€™m not an expert on wendigo mythology,but Iā€™m fairly certain that they canā€™t convert other people to their species like vampire and werewolf can,and Iā€™m fairly sure that they donā€™t have any kind of society or organization,because they can and will sleep for centuries should the necessities arrive,kinda hard having any friend when you can sleep for decades (or worse, centuries) if you feel too tired while they are prowling around the neighborhood in the duration of your sleep,and thereā€™s also no guarantee that they will still be around when you wake up :sweat_smile: ,it will be nice to have someone that can relate to you,not like those filthy casual monsters can understand your grieve and suffering :rage:

Yea, the Wendigoā€™s backstory is probably the most depressing out of everyone in the game. Even the twins, whatever their excuse is, would probably cry if they learned the whole thing (in fact, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s possible for Artemis to, at some point). I really feel sorry for my Wendigo character, especially since so far I always choose whichever options make their lives as miserable as possible (scared of everyone, hates who they are, desperately wants to be human, strict parents, no friends aside from Taylor though if the previous topic on Taylor is any indicator this could end up with them unknowingly rejecting poor Wens and further crippling them emotionally).
The fact that the Wendigo is still (possibly) sane after their backstory is a real accomplishment on their part.

3 Likes

Well,then again,even though the wendigo does have an extremely tragic story (ate their own mother,extremely antisocial,etc.),they do however have one thing.

Power.

Think about it.Out of all the monsters in the game,the wendigo is by far the most strongest(practically every single physical part of them is enhanced to the extreme,they can call on a god damn thunderstorm if they eat enough flesh,and they look terrifying as hell.)

Itā€™s really not that hard to imagine that the wendigo character could justā€¦lose it. They probably knew they were never going to accept themselves as a human,so they just embraced their monster part.And thatā€™s when all hell would break loose.Theyā€™d be eating people left and right without a single care in the world,and anyone that tries to stop them would be their next dinner.And then they reach the part when they can control the freaking weather,and by that time all hope has been lost.

I guess you COULD make your wendigo a pacifist and only eat human flesh when they need to.But whereā€™s the fun in that?

3 Likes

Wow,I never knew they could do thatā€¦

Well I guess by that point the only ones capable of stopping us is either the demon (with their infernal power and all, I donā€™t know,I never done a demon playthrough before,guess I should do it onceā€¦) or the goblin (considering if they have access to some kind of arsenal). Highly unlikely for a vampire to take us down one on one,but I think the werewolf would stand a chance,if only they brought their pack with them. Either way,it will be one heck of a battle :smiling_imp:

Well then @Nightgazer,perhaps i should show you the powers that a wendigo can possessā€¦

Animal Manipulation
Enhanced Agility
Enhanced Bite
Enhanced Dexterity
Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability
Enhanced Endurance
Enhanced Immunity
Enhanced Jump
Enhanced Lung Capacity
Enhanced Reflexes
Enhanced Senses
Enhanced Speed
Enhanced Strength
Infinite Digestive System
Matter Ingestion
Possession
Regenerative Healing Factor
Cannibalism Empowerment
Consumptive Growth
Natural Weaponry
Spirit Physiology
May learn Weather Manipulation as they age.

Personally,i highly doubt that a werewolf,or even a demon,can stop somehing with this amount of power.But,who knows,maybe they can team up together and end up kicking the crap out of the wendigo.

1 Like

So let me get this straight,they can ingest weird material,like a car tire (remember,a matter is ANYTHING that occupy space) or lighting or even a freaking plasma,but they canā€™t digest it? Or can they? Because if they do,it seems pretty contradictory as to why they canā€™t even ingest cookies (remember,we canā€™t even taste test our cookies),on second thought,maybe Iā€™m just over thinking this

I can imagine how hard it will be to make friend with other wendigo,to control yourself when youā€™re always hungry and adding the temptation of power just by eating your own kind so you can hunt more freely,itā€™s like a deal with the dark side,the more powerful you become,the hungrier you will be, the more power you will seek,and so on goes the vicious cycle of madness :smiling_imp:

This beg the question though,what happen if we eat other monster? Will it affect us differently if we eat them while they are in human form and while they are in monster form?

Anything with that kind of power has a weakness: self control.

A Wendigo character has the least amount or control. It has been seen through multiple scenes When we try to hold back from our meal at home and donā€™t even make it three seconds, and when we gobble up Artemis/Hunter if provoked.

So sure, Wendigos are easily the more powerful species here but also the hardest to live day by day. Thereā€™s so very few of them and the ones who are around struggle each day to contain their monster side, whether they want to be normal or in fear that they will be hunted down.

10 Likes

If I remember correctly, itā€™s gotta be human meat. The only other monster closest to being considered a human would the werewolf, but, ultimately, they ainā€™t human. All these monsters might pass for human one way or another, but theyā€¦ arenā€™t? A wendigoā€™s body would probably reject it if they tried to eat them. Violently. :scream: