Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

I’ve been on sick leave and got held up finishing the latest update, so let me fill you in a bit more on wendigo biology while you wait.

1. Wendigos do not digest human flesh. Their stomach is a black hole - one which, however, rejects everything but their preferred food. That includes trying to consume monster meat. That does not mean they can’t be dangerous to other species.

2. I’ve given some vague hints, but here’s a better one: there are no other wendigos in New Haven. You can’t make another (it’s totally impractical. You have a week.) However, there IS a way to meet another wendigo. I have already introduced it.

3. The main triggers for wendigo hunger, besides just existing and not having eaten recently, are base instincts. Fear, lust, anger. If you run from or attack a wendigo, you are more likely to die than if you stay calm and talk.

4. Very powerful wendigos can (according to legend) do much scarier things. If you give up your humanity and plot to eat as many people as possible before the SWAT team takes you out, there is a slim chance to become one of those nightmare demigods. I’m sure I’ll have an achievement for it.

14 Likes

I would disagree that the wendigo is clearly the most powerful. Their power is based on how much they have fed lately and you start starving and weak. They have a high ceiling but it would be hard to reach without being killed before you reached it.

Meanwhile the demon is immortal, can take any shape they like, and phase anywhere they know in an instant. And the vampire can mind control anyone they feed from enough. No only being physically powerful but able to create an army of loyal followers. Really any of these monsters could become extremely powerful if played intelligently.

3 Likes

True,true…

Also,shouldn’t the succubus be the one who can have an army of loyal followers? I mean,they have super seduction skills and whatnot.

Yeah they probably could. Their seduction seems to verge on low level mind control. Probably why the stats for these two include a line for the number of servants/lovers they have.

Pound for pound (metaphorically speaking)…

Demons have lovers who would die for them. Vampires have servants who would kill for them. Werewolves have the strength of whatever pack loyalty they command, and goblins are working on giant robots in their basements.

In a manner of speaking, the wendigo is most powerful. But they also have the fewest allies and options at any given time. Speaking of which, something I forgot to mention in wendigo facts - at least in New Haven, you aren’t the only one who eats people. If you keep your eyes open, you might find help of a sort.

4 Likes

In theory, they both could.

The difference, I would think, is how they go about doing it. A vampire’s ability to make a thrall is… a passive boon to being a vampire, I would say. I don’t think they can really control that part of their nature. It just happens from feeding off of a human. A 'cubus, however… in order to maintain control over that many people would likely be like spreading their power throughout, ultimately making them weaker. A 'cubus could build an army faster, but they might not be able to control them for long. A vampire likely has (intentionally or not) guaranteed loyalty.

My gut wants to point a finger at our local harpy. :astonished: Unless you mean a cannibal. Then my face’ll be more like: :fearful:

Whoa are you telling me that romancing Wendy will be a tough one because she might devour you out of lust!? :scream:

8 Likes

Oh, come on. No one would be pursuing her if they DIDN’T like a challenge. (Or Artemis, or Hunter, or… practically any other RO in this game.)

13 Likes

can’t stop imagining Wendy affectionately eating my MC’s face off viciously.

Yep. I’ve picked my romance.

6 Likes

Let’s just say I’d be careful what I put in her mouth Yeah I’m a terrible person I know.

10 Likes

I applaud you,good sir.

1 Like

For anyone sending sexual innuendoes about my characters, let me just say that as well as fan art, I’ve gotten the odd off-color fanfic. To me, both are a sign that people are enjoying my work.

Let’s just try to keep the more explicit ones to private messages, eh? :wink:

3 Likes

Wait, so Wendy’s basically a two-hundred-year old praying mantis??

1 Like

/sits here petting his wendibro/ There, there. I’ll love you the same way everyone loves Wendy. :cry:

1 Like

Well,then again,dating a wendigo could have some serious advantages.

Some guy is acting like a total jerking towards you?Just tell your wendigo and they’ll scare the crap out of them! (Or eat them.)

That can also be the same situation with Celeb, Carl, Victoria. Quite a few actually :laughing: then again Celeb might just lust them to death.

2 Likes

I just imagine Celeb walking into the guys apartment and endlessly posing on his piano for him until he moves out.:joy:

6 Likes

No, of course not! You’re thinking of demons. They seduce, drain, and often leave behind the empty husks of their lovers when they move on. The MC demon has far more capacity for humane behavior than the average demon.

Wendigos are people who just happen to occasionally go into a killing rage and/or feeding frenzy, and violently tear apart the closest living thing. They would almost certainly regret it later. They aren’t animals.

14 Likes

You made that sound so casual. Sure, everybody has a murderous, cannibalistic raging feast every now and again! :smile:

2 Likes

You have to be impartial if you want to write for MonsterNet.

6 Likes