Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

The twins aren’t ready to take on a wendigo, mine has speed as the highest stat and is nearly as strong as the werewolf. And not shy about eating people.

5 Likes

I don’t know…I doubt they’d threaten a legendarily powerful monster like the Wendigo unless they were crazy-prepared.

I think a lot of it also depends on just how much the twins know. Yes, they know there are monsters, but I think it is possible they may not know as much on certain creatures as others.

I mean, werewolves and goblins do have their own ‘society’ as it were, so it wouldn’t take much for Artemis and Hunter to deduce what monster the creature is by others they hang around with.

However, in this regard, I can actually see the Wendigo as being one monster the twins might not have a good handle on. As stated, Wendigo are already rare from a number’s perspective, and unless they caught the MC eating bodies (or snuck a peek at their lunch)

Note: Sashira didn’t say anything about this, this is just speculation on my part.

4 Likes

It also could be possible that they have never fought a monster before. Knowing what an enemy is is only half the battle. They might not have any experience. In which case a monster with superior ablution and attributes would win always.

1 Like

Their lack of experience shows. And they are stupid enough to openly antagonize us. :pensive:

1 Like

As the werewolf, wendigo, and vampire will show. Even a demoness/demon, relying on teleportation, can have the upper hand.

1 Like

Yep and the goblin can outthink the them and/or anticipate what they can do.

1 Like

If nothing else, the gobblin can take a pounding and after they tire themselves out, knock them for a loop.

2 Likes

True. The twins will probably expect the goblin to be weak and that will be their fatal mistake. Never underestimate your opponent.

1 Like

I’d expect the twins to be especially brutal to the Goblin.

1 Like

True. It worked for Muhammad Ali.

1 Like

Minor bug when playing as a demoness in the locker room.

There is a repetition of a phrase:
For one thing, For one thing, your gender identity doesn’t match the available locker rooms.

It’s practically confirmed in the story that they currently have no idea how to deal with the wendigo.

If you beat the crap out of Hunter/Artemis on Day 1, the twins will appear in the beginning of Day 2. One of them will start chanting some bizarre shit and the other will just wave a lighter around.
There’s literally an option that has you stand there, cross your arms and give them a look that says “What the fuck are you two doing?”

23 Likes

I just love heavy’s Short change hero

Thanks for the information. After weighing a desire for accuracy vs. a wish to keep my existing pack dynamics, I’ve added the following exchange to the scene-in-progress on Day 2:

“I don’t know why we even have to be here,” Katie complains. “You know, I read somewhere that wolves don’t have Alphas and Betas; it’s a myth. Wolves don’t need all of that hierarchy.”

Loren bumped her shoulder with his in a friendly way. “Maybe. But people do. Now stop fidgeting.”

20 Likes

They don’t really know anything about monsters to prepare for you.

3 Likes

They don’t really know much about monsters. They tried to ambush my vampire with holy water and silver even though they actually have no effect on vampires at all. As a demon they also try some ridiculous spell or something

8 Likes

To my knowledge, the only time the twins actually knew what they were doing in terms of monster hunting was with the werewolf. If you pissed them off, they come looking for you with silver daggers, something which could genuinely harm you.

8 Likes

That is genius level intellect! Who knew that werewolves can be hurt by silver!? :rolling_eyes:

6 Likes

Still, it was a plan that could have been effective. Unlike the ones for the other monsters.

3 Likes