Modern Witches: Coven [ WIP : minor update 23-09-18 ]

Oh that’s a neat observation! You’ve given me slight hope… :blush:

Maybe it is a spoiler that they are alive/a RO, so that’s why there’s not a description even though we know Gabe is a brunette with green eyes and smells of mint and tangerines. Unless…whatever happens to Gabe also causes a distinguishing appearance change, so that’s also why there’s a lack of description??? Idk.

The air of mystery surrounding G. Fisher intensifies.

5 Likes

Eeeeeeekkkk, Yayyyyy!!! FINALLY!!! It’s a good start! At first, I was a little confused because of the italic writing, but then I read the 1st page of Chapter 1 and I was like Ohhhh ok. Soo, the italic is a memory or something? If so, you might want to make readers a little more aware of that by just saying Flashback or something… =P But anyway, can’t wait for more! :smiley:

Take care!

2 Likes

i just wanted to thank everyone for the kind and curious comments you’ve all been leaving here :revolving_hearts::sparkles: It’s been a wonderful boost and it really grounds me oml

i have good news and bad news. The bad news is that my bad luck has been resilient enough to make me accidentally get the computer i was using stuck in a boot loop :"))) but the good news is that my work is all saved onto a USB so ill be spending all day using public libraries and other people’s laptops to code until i get my own computer fixed oh dear. I’ll be a lot more active on tumblr whilst this is going on and i apologise sincerely for all the impatient people out there including myself haha.

Oh and for those who are wondering, G. Fisher is in fact Gabe and they 100% can be romanced under circumstances (which you’ll probably be able to pry from me bc i really cannot keep a secret for long) :blush:

16 Likes

:eyes: Oooohhh.

Yay! I’m even more excited now. :heart: I usually tend to gravitate towards early game ROs, but the angst/tenderness of the scene made me like Gabe even more. (Also, one of the quotes you tagged for them on Tumblr really intrigued me before I even fully played the demo).

Sorry to hear about your computer. (I’m excited for Tumblr though, since i’m usually on there lurking. Your blog is really magical, btw. :wink: ) Best wishes to you!

4 Likes

Yay for more witchcraft games! Woot!

I have one really nitpicky hang-up though. When we see our dear friend G-Force I mean Fisher, must we sigh and swoon and fall into their loving embrace? It’s a little too uh sensitive (feminine idk)? Since I wanted to play a more reserved stoic character. Just a nitpick.

1 Like

There’s an option to be kind of distant from G: “You stare at her numbly, and keep your silence” and also to be kind of angry towards G: “You glare at her, hurt and betrayed again” .

Not sure if those would be more in line with your MC, but I just wanted to mention them. :slight_smile: Especially the first option since when the error pops up, I also see ‘introvert’. I think reserved/stoic is complemented nicely with an introverted MC or at least I go that route when I do my quiet, broody MC runthroughs.

I think someone already mentioned that there is a small bug when currently selecting it though.

Ofcourse, my main MC has a childhood crush, so maybe I’ll select either of those two options with future playthroughs. It’s cool to hear about other people’s MCs. :cat:

3 Likes

Please tell me these circumstances I need to know. It’s now life or death…

4 Likes

I’m happy for that option but I was referring to the very first instance you meet them, the page right after you select their gender you “come crashing into their arms”.

Ah well it’s no big deal. My MC is too concerned with daemons and perfecting their witchery for romance. Buuut who knows? Maybe a certain enigmatic pink haired gal can help. ;D

2 Likes

I dig this game!

Not sure if it’s a bug or not but each time I try to check stats, I get frozen on an eternal loading screen

2 Likes

Hey guys, it’s ya girl!! :sparkles:

After waiting for what seemed to be eons upon eons I’m finally back with my goddang fixed computer! I’m really eager to continue coding the story and to get things back on track. As of now, I’m a quarter way into writing chapter one and I’ve done a couple of tweaks to the prologue to make it flow smoother etc.

Thank you to everyone who has shown their support thus far :heavy_heart_exclamation: I haven’t had the chance to reply to anyone’s messages on tumblr but I’m very thankful and will be replying as soon as possible!! I’ve sorted the error @AChubbyBlackCat has pointed out and for @BoisterousBumblebee and those who lean more towards the stoic type of MC, I’ve played around with the dialogue a little and have even given y’all the chance to be ice cold to G. (let me know if you still find the MC too offkey for your liking bc dammit your opinions matter!!!)

@RedRoses I’m not entirely sure what’s the story with the stats screen actually. It loads perfectly fine on my computer but when i checked out the game on my phone I got the same problem as you. If anyone has some tips or anything concerning this problem I’d be more than grateful to learn how to solve it!

Anyways, I’ll update the demo as soon as I’ve introduced the first witchy RO and non-RO, who are both coming very soon btw, so to sum things all up:

She’s back, she’s ready and she will be expanding the demo as soon as she can :smiley_cat:

30 Likes

Maybe the demo hasn’t updated yet, but I’m still getting that same error when I pick that choice.

1 Like

Yep! I hadn’t updated the demo when i made that post but I’ve gotten around to doing that today. Everything’s just bare bones right now because I’m really eager to put some progress out there that would be visible to the public. The next update will see to more proper and structured word flow and the final product will definitely be more refined than what’s out right now. It’s kind of like write new storyline, get critique, go back and tidy old storyline, and so on.

I ran quicktest on the game but let me know if something pops up!

7 Likes

UPDATE :

okay so after going to hell and back I’ve finally reached the end of chapter one which is 62k words long including code and summing up to roughly 6k per playthrough. The premise is ultimately the same but the prologue and the beginning part of chapter one has been completely rewritten. However, I’ve kept the old prologue stashed away if people prefer it to the prologue currently up.

oh and i’ve also played around with jade and clyde but if you’re on my tumblr often you’d already be well aware of this.

Anyways it’s time for me to fall into a sweet blissful slumber until tomorrow morning. Link to the demo can be found in the updated first post and right here:

DEMO AS OF 12/09 : https://dashingdon.com/play/pachinko/modern-witches-coven/mygame/index.php?cb=94327

38 Likes

This is a very intriguing start, I look forward to it’s completion. However, when accessing the stats page, there is an infinite load.

2 Likes

Watching this thread for the future developments. The Demo interested me quite a bit!

2 Likes

After picking the multitude of beauty marks shouldn’t “a single beauty mark” be unavailable?

2 Likes

Same for the scar options ?

I’m really interested in this demo :smiley: can’t wait for more (i have no idea if i’ve posted on this thread before so if i’m repeating myself i’m sorry >-< )

2 Likes

This is a nice first chapter. The mystery, both of the dream and of Gabriel, is intriguing, and it’s very atmospheric. Also, freckle-boy is cute (is he Peter? :blush:)

I did notice that Gabriel was called a “brunette” a couple of times, but the male version of the word is “brunet”. Anyway, good luck with the game! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Modern Wiches: Coven is good story

1 Like

The stats won’t load for me is this normak

4 Likes