MetaHuman Inc. -- The finest superpowers money can buy!

We’re proud to announce that MetaHuman Inc., the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, iOS, and Android. It’s 40% off until January 4th.

As the CEO of a multinational corporation that sells superpowers to the highest bidder (“the finest superpowers money can buy”), you’ll cast powerful magic, invent futuristic technologies, and manipulate your stock price to impress shareholders!

“MetaHuman, Inc.” is a thrilling 260,000-word interactive novel by Paul Gresty, author of “The ORPHEUS Ruse.” Your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

MetaHuman’s mission statement is, “Building Better Humans.” Will you prefer to hire mad scientists, warlocks, or a mix of both? Will you eliminate your competitors, acquire them, or seduce them? Will you save the world from the problems your company has created, or will you embezzle enough money and power to flee the country instead?

MetaHuman, Inc. Our dark magic, our superscience, your solutions!

• Play as male or female, gay or straight
  • Three possible romances
  • Travel through time
  • Negotiate with aliens
  • Become the most powerful human being in the world

We hope you enjoy playing MetaHuman Inc.. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

19 Likes

Hrm, I’m on the demo now :stuck_out_tongue:

My iPad is fairly old so it might just be a problem to do with that, but is anyone else having an issue where the app crashes before you can even get into the game itself?

2 Likes

Yeah it pretty annoying, I hope they can fix it

Demo is very good, will pick it up soon.

Great fun! Very interesting plot. But who were the romances?

1 Like

Wow, it’s like it’s Christmas, so many games coming out.

2 Likes

So it took me 2 hours to finish this game.

Interesting mechanics, interesting plot.

I got a ‘half and half’ ending, I stuck to my principles but probably didn’t do as well as I could have. Still, this is a very good story and I highly recommend it. :smiley:

EDIT: Yet again, I find myself wishing for a save/re-choose feature, so I can meta-game my game after my initial playthrough, particularly to see what different options are there. Alas.

1 Like

First bug report on this thread (spoilered because it’s endgame)…

[spoiler]You’ve also aided Anaru Katariki, who firmly opposes the Surgeons’ plans.

Except I didn’t. I told both the Surgeons and Maswifi to go fuck themselves.

And in another endgame, I ordered my research team to stabilize the portal and welcome the Surgeons, and the game acted like I was the Surgeons’ enemy and Katariki’s ally when I arrived beyond the portal.[/spoiler]

Indeed, too many games, not enough money :cry:

Send me an email that I can forward to the author. Preferably with more details.

Now THAT is a cliffhanger to end a demo on.

3 Likes

Yay, I really liked Orpheus Ruse, it’s one of my favs. (Goes off to check out the new game).

This was great, and not just saying that because I did well!

Going from what I learnt from Orpheus I went at ruthless as I could while siding against the aliens.. And it worked out, I like how there’s a lot of shades of gray, you’re not just kicking dogs. And the people from ORPHEUS turned up! Was not expecting that, but can totally buy they’re from the same universe..

I thought Robyn was a good LI too, not too overdone, but nice. Appreciate that they were specifically bi, not just player-sexual.

Does anyone know how many there are/ who are the love interests in the game? I can’t get certain ppl to respond

The description blurb itself states 3 romances. I know one of them is Robyn

1 Like

Directed to steam again. Blah. I would greatly prefer if I could buy these things the way we used to be able to, on the website. Or, otherwise, if the source code were packaged with it when you bought them on steam - I always like to pore over it after the first playthrough or two, and I’d rather not have to email anyone to do so.

4 Likes

Jon-Tarr? And ty (>©<)

I think the love interests are the security guard, the other CEO, and Robyn. IDK though, I haven’t bought the game yet.
(I wanted Jon-Tarr too)

4 Likes

Just finished my first playthrough, I like this game. It’s cool to be able to choose the destiny of the company (and more).

At the end not a bad ending, the Surgeons are contained in Seattle and I move my office.