"Mage Elite" by Teemu Salminen

Hosted Games has a new FREE game for you to play!

Year 2031, Earth. After 20 years of war with the Zenos, a ruthless alien species, humanity has barely survived. Born with the greatest magic potential in all of humanity, it’s up to you to turn the tide! It's 33% off until January 5th!

Mage Elite is a thrilling 40,000-word interactive science fantasy novel by Teemu Salminen, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Choose your gender.
  • Play as the strongest mage, leading humanity to victory!
  • Witness an alternative Earth ravaged by decades of existential war.
  • Explore various locations within this similar, yet different version of Earth.
  • Cast powerful magic spells to annihilate your enemies.
  • Interact with your closest allies during perilous missions as well as relaxed break periods.
  • Develop your personality and social bonds throughout your journey, with both having effects on your combat results!
  • Can you protect your allies and also reach your goals?
  • Experience various possible endings – all based on the choices you made during the story.
Decide the fate of all life on Earth with your own actions!
Teemu developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.
22 Likes

I honestly love that more free games are coming out. That’s the second one this week. Seems like we had hardly any free ones coming out for a while, it’s great to see more appearing.

5 Likes

A bit off-topic, but is anyone else having trouble with the adds they play, as in, when you click the “watch add to play free”, or what ever the exact wording is, you can’t actually play the game when the add finishes, as it just has the ‘click love in advertizement’ button? Or is that just because of my voiceover?

Give it a day or two. If the problem persists then it is most likely your voice over

1 Like

Well they is a simple way to remove the adds just get the upgrade of the cog/hg game and stop playing the game with your data connection on

Hey, all. I just completed my review of Mage Elite. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Thanks for the review - I only just now noticed it!

By the time I finished creating the game, I certainly felt like I had partially failed at it. As you said, the stat system was quite difficult to understand and restrictive, while the personal relations / dialogue left much to be desired. All in all, it’s not very good as a gameplay / character experience.

On the other hand, even now, I still like the general concept of the story, as well as some plot twists and several events/scenes during the story. A more skilled author could have probably made it all work better (especially with some adjustments to word count and/or stat mechanics).

By the way, the mini-games are just there for achievements and have no other effect. Although you could say one reason for their existence is simply to emphasize how “out of touch” the space-based elite are compared to those fighting for survival on the planet.

2 Likes

@BourbonDingo (the previous message was meant for you)