Mate Bait Investigations (WIP)

@FairyGodfeather Thanks for the feedback. Will try to improve it for the next update. Most questions regarding mate bait is answered if your MC follows some paths, but not all paths will answer the real reason for establishing the mate bait division. Can’t answer why you don’t have a partner yet because it’s a little spoiler for the story sorry. Most of my sources were never from master google. It came from my officer mates (slaves cough). Will look into the link you’ve provided.

@Lordirish Majority are confused which also tells me that the players are mostly setting the world in USA. Truth be told, I imagined the setting to be in Europe, only Europe is turned into a tropical island/country and the people are mostly South East Asian people. I think I need to add a disclaimer notice at the start. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Doctor I know how you feel about confusing them.

@everyone
Thank you very much for taking the time to play the short demo. For those who gave feedback good or bad many thanks. Also I can’t really make any major changes within the game because story wise it’s already about 75% done. Coding wise it’s about 10%. Basically it’s only a tiny glimpse to what the story is because I’m testing it with the players’ reactions. (Some I find funny)

Someone emailed me a question (As promised I won’t include your name) had me laughing for hours.
“Why aren’t you getting mad? The people are bashing you on the forum yet your responses are like you don’t care?! What is wrong with you?”
I do get mad, but I try to be civil regardless. I don’t see the point in making a big deal out of something as an aggressive question? because the person asking that is only trying to get answers to something that they are really interested on.

Anyway thanks again and I respond first with my email rather than the forums PM (Sorry about that.) I need two more people to volunteer to test the game, so PM me or email me please. I will post here if I need more or don’t need testers anymore. Thanks.

I don’t think anyone here has actually bashed your game. If they’re bashing you in PMs then please report it. There’s just a lot of confusion about the setting of your game.

There’s some details that should be available to people regardless of what path you take. An important piece of setting information like this is one of them.

1 Like

It was only someone asking a question. Personally I don’t think I’m being bashed at all, but again I think the person who asked me got that vibes which I don’t so I never really cared.

Yup, still mostly people just click the link and never leave comments. How can I improve it then? Lols. I would say I’m almost done writing it, after that would be coding and I could say it’s done. I will just add some disclaimer or something else. I’m not releasing it all here.

I thought this would be a neat little game and continued to think that until I saw the get pet option then it turned into amazing! I can have puppy cop!!! Puppy cop and I will go on many adventures together. Thank you for making that feature

Also did you release this before? I swear I’ve seen this before a while back

I really enjoyed this!

I really liked the game, its seem really interesting :smile:

I played as far as being asked to join Mate Bait.

I agree with previous complaints about the confusion between Private eyes and Police. But I’ll say something new, instead of focusing on that.

I really got the impression that my choices didn’t matter at all, and so gave up at that point. Maybe you have choices later on, but the story gave no indication of that so far. Readers may vary, but i go to a choice script game wanting to have some control over things, to be a partner in some degree in telling a story.

If you are going to let the player participate, you should start a lot sooner.

@Razgriz Thank you and yes you can have a pet partner. It could be a dog, cat, rabbit, guinea pigs, hamsters or parakeet. I can’t remember, but yeah I think I did only it was on someone else thread that’s why I removed it. Can’t remember what was the topic of the thread.

@valkycam Thank you.

@PurpleMonkey1211 Thanks.

@eleazzaar Owkay.

A Guinea pig PI partner?

Didn’t it like switch games half way through back then? I remember going through it then it would switch to someone else that you had to create

@everyone
Updated until the first chapter, I just coded it all then looked at the time and realized its pass midnight.

@Doctor Like the G-force? Probably no, but they will have some use eventually.

@Razgriz I really am not sure. I will try to remember it somewhere over the rainbow, but now I need to rest before mr. sun shows and I turn into dust.

There was a variable problem when I tried to lie to Collena.

Same with telling the truth.

There’s the non-existant variable “collena” as well as an error when you’re talking to wade.

If you tell Wade you’re the new guy first, he’ll give you his name at the end of this interaction. You can then proceed to ask him who he is, and he’ll apologize and tell you his name is Wade again.

He will tell you his name all three times.

If the game isn’t supposed to end when you see Collena and tell her how she looks then I got an error when I tried to tell her that she looked nice.

chapter_one line 110: Non-existent variable ‘collena’
both options are this so im guessing this is the current end stsword

I have finally finished writing the story; the only thing left to do is code it all. Thank you very much for those who volunteered to help test the first draft. I will try to release some chapters after I finish coding them. It could take a while, but hopefully I can release some before December. Thanks you guys. :grin:

2 Likes

Love this game aera can’t wait!

Hello guys. Fixed some issues with the prologue, everything is in a draft; I haven’t really edited anything yet. For any errors kindly point them and thanks.