March 2022's Writer Support Thread

Done and done! I actually managed 33k on FoA and my cowriter and I got the massive outline for the rest of Diaspora’s last main chapter done (the outline itself was a bit over 10k, but most of the work was in figuring it all out and making sure we were making previous variables relevant along with adding choices).

So I’m quite happy with how March went, progress-wise. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going into April. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Congrats on meeting your goals!

4 Likes

I realized I dropped off the face of the earth after posting in the December thread. Woops.

Well, while my story hasn’t progressed too much word count wise, I have more or less a clear direction on where I want the story to go. I’m the kind of writer that works in really short bursts, so I’m trying not to focus too much on the word count it’s at right now, but rather on what I did manage to create so far.

On that note, I really envy all you writers who are able to churn out so many words! Sometimes I pen out ten notebook pages and excitedly type it out on my laptop… only to find that it’s barely 2k words :joy:

11 Likes

It does feel better on the notebook pages.

7 Likes

March: 1221 words

7 Likes

Posted a little while ago, but I couldn’t help but start to work on chapter 3 right away. I am already 6500 words or so into it and that’s pretty good for me. Gonna continue writing it a bit today while I’m sat here at work, so here’s hoping I can get to 10,000 by the end of the night and start April off with a headstart!

11 Likes

But let’s face it, it DOES look better on the notebook, doesn’t it? 8)

And then when you’re famous you can auction off the notebook for a gazillion dollars, like one of da Vinci’s.

Holy productivity, Batman!

6 Likes

It most certainly does! The act of flipping through it and looking at those filled pages too brings some strange kind of contentment :d

Wishing you the best in achieving that goal!

5 Likes

All you people touting the joys of writing by hand must be righties. I’ve not heard a lot of southpaws describe handwriting as a pleasant activity.

2 Likes

@ViIsBae
Go get ‘em!

4 Likes

Haven’t done much on writing this month, maybe 3000 words on fanfiction, but I’ve found time to start proofreading/playtesting the beta of Unnatural, at least. Only just finished the first chapter, but it’s a start.

4 Likes

I have a draft for Royal Affairs Chapters 7 and 8! I can’t overemphasise how pleased I am - they have been much more chunky and branchy, and took a lot of work. But now they’re on the page!

11 Likes

I would like to say this has been a successful month for me for writing. And I cant wait to hear from all of you in April! Thank you for all the support in march and onto the next! :smiley:

7 Likes

It is good to see everyone checking in at month’s end. You all are inspirational to me.

:two_hearts:

March has been a harsh month for me. I have been working on my Patchworks project the entire month, and while I’ve done a lot, I still have a lot to do, before I can start having people test it.

I was able to find a batch of new readers/testers this month that will be good to test Patchworks with. These are Steam gamers who like the genre/categories that my game will be or who are self-professed readers, so I am hoping they all follow through and become regular readers for me.

I’ll be posting April’s support thread tomorrow.

16 Likes

March has been good. I’m still working through the pages and pages of edits for both Paradox Factor (not as many and now done, sent in, and ready for its Steam re-release) and Life of a Starship Captain.

Between content- and copy- editors, I’ve made a lot of corrections and updates. Hours and hours of work, but I don’t want to cut corners now. I want to polish this game so it shines for its debut.

My goal is to finish this weekend which keeps me on track for the May 5th release.

Congrats on everyone’s work this month!

7 Likes