March 2021's Writer Support Thread

You can do it! I trust in you we will end up together.

4 Likes

It’s been some time since I commented on this thread, and since it’s the last day of March, I figured I should give an update.

I’ve originally tried to work by writing directly into CSIDE, but I’ve come to realize that it’s not a strategy that works very well for me.

So for the past week or so, I’ve instead been hand writing into a notebook. It’s been working well so far!

My aim is to continue what In doing now, and finish up to chapter one on paper, before transferring it all into CSIDE again.

8 Likes

Well, I was at 2,500 words around the 7th or so, feeling good. Then I got distracted and got all the way to the 21st or so still under 3k for the month. But a couple of 1,000+ days later and I ticked over 10,000 a few minutes before the girls woke up this morning, achieving my secondary goal for the third straight month. Won’t make the primary, but that’s all right. Thinking I might do 5,000 next month to chill out a bit and make sure I’m not pumping a dry well too much.

7 Likes

About 20k without code. I hope hurry and end the whole game on time

7 Likes

That’s awesome! 20k in a month is a really solid pace (especially as you were worried about how slow you write).

I’m languishing on about 6,500 words for the month (plus a fully functional save system).
But, that’s about 4,000 more words than I’ve ever written in a single month before, so I guess it’s a resounding success by that measure!

6 Likes

It is! You are starting your road to success, It is a long windy road, but, it is also funny. The key is trying to improve, being constant and HAVE FUN.

6 Likes

Bio

Edit: I am silly, I was about to ask If It is easy to read… And I forget write the text lol.

Is this easy to read?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I absolutely love the design and it looks freakin cool, but that is very difficult to read :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Reason Why I asked , Lol. Thanks Everyone. I was torn apart about using it because I love how cool It looks. But It is not easy to read.

Sniff… I was so proud of How The design looked. :sob:

6 Likes

I liked it, although I can see why people would find it hard to read. But it’s got style.

5 Likes

It does look so cool indeed! However I also think it’s hard to read >< would it be possible to make the image crisper? It gets blurry when I zoom in, so that may have contributed to the less-than clear lines.

Congrats everyone who made their goals, and everyone else for trying! The effort is a feat in itself.

5 Likes

Hi everyone.

I hope everyone was able to accomplish at least part of their goals for the month.

March turned out to be tough for me, just as January and February had – the difference is that I did get a significant milestone completed for my 1st project. I am very grateful I had the chance to do this work, but it was tough getting it done.

I am still working towards the goal I had this entire year, and it will remain my goal for April as well.

I’ll start the new thread for April now, although it is a little early. Hopefully it will give inspiration and maybe even hope for someone.

9 Likes

The B and the r are a nightmare to read, the rest is fine

1 Like

March progress:

Snapped out from depression;
wrote two controversial reveal scenes in just 3 days for 2455 words

3 Likes

As per usual, goals often go a little bit sideways. I did accomplish three out of these four, although the last one didn’t work out entirely as I’d hoped. I didn’t finish chapter 2 of Fairmont, but I made a lot more progress on TC than I had dared to hope.

5 Likes

· 3of 4 is awesome! You should be proud of it.

4 Likes

I haven’t written much this March. I focused on outlining some stories and web development. I wanted to submit a short story for Chomp which was supposed to be a cheesy b-movie disaster story with dark and weird humor but there’s so much stuff going on in my life. Literally just one week of it felt like an entire month’s work. I would usually be bummed out about this lack of progress but I’m… not. I’ll still be busy this April but hopefully I’ll be able to be more productive soon. I’m oddly calm despite these turbulent things going on in my personal life.

3 Likes

My goal was just to write every day and I think I wrote probably 20/30 days. Still not much, but its something. It will help get me back on track

6 Likes

Well, I mostly managed every day, which is what I was going for with the first one there. I managed 12k on Asphodel, and the chapter is coming out next week, so that’s pretty satisfying. I also managed to eke out my 10k for Diaspora, though that chapter is going to need more words than I thought to be finished and released, so Stretch #2 is a no-go for March. Still, overall I think I did pretty well!

Congrats to all the competition/jam participants, and everybody who made it through another month with some kind of forward motion, be it an idea or some words! And there’s always next month even if not. :slight_smile:

8 Likes