Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

Not to be the worst- but would there be any chance to have a general announcement on this site when Gunter is fixed? I really appreciate that it’s been acknowledged but other than continually checking the app to see if it’s fixed…it’s just a little annoying.

3 Likes

I have an update for Sordwin and Lux, I’m not sure if this is the fix but please check if it fixes issue. I can’t check myself due to haven’t finished with my Sordwin save yet. :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve been told that the update has been submitted. It should have been added to most platforms by now, but I’m afraid I can’t be any more specific than that as each platform has its own internal priorities. Google and iOS are usually pretty quick though so if it hasn’t been updated yet, it won’t be long!

As a warning, this glitch was actually in Sordwin rather than Lux so I had to update both games. I’ve tried to make sure that the fix in Lux will mean no-one has to replay Sordwin, but if the game has definitely updated and it still isn’t working, you may need to replay Sordwin and create a new save to fix the error. Again, that shouldn’t be the case, and I’ve tried to make it work regardless, but this being the third book means that there are soooo many variables at this point that it’s so easy to miss one!

33 Likes

Hi Thom!

Great books by the way. I enjoyed my time with them.

I have a question, though. I was curious as to what Daisy’s job is in the City, or a different way of putting: how the hell is she affording those expensive clothes AND rent? Hahaha.

We know with Leah what her job is but not Daisy so I was just curious.

5 Likes

she was the manager of a singer, maybe has money saved

4 Likes

Ah yes, she definitely has some saved up.

It has been a month since Sordwin and she seems to be busy daily, so I imagine she’s doing something. Unfortunately she never told us what from what I remember.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what’s the max. relationship stats that you can get in Lux for O and K? And tips to do so?

When I romance Orion I can only reach 65% or so, and 85% for Kyran. Specially Orion’s seems pretty low to me, but I have no idea what I’m doing wrong (when I finished Sordwin he was at 85%…) lol

By the way, Kyran is so sweet, I like him a lot.

3 Likes

I ended the game with 75% with Orion!

Day 2 saved Imperion’s daughter but let her go with her lover - ended with Orion at 60 or 65% iirc

Day 3 after getting caught by the cult, make sure you can escape from the cell by yourself (bring antivenom!) - I lost a lot of % with O when he saved me. then stick with him to defeat the cult and the Oxmother, and you get the :fire:romance​:fire: scene with him.

He didn’t appear in Day 4 for me so everything I’ve listed should’ve had him at 75%.

Haven’t gone for Kyran yet though! Would love some tips!

6 Likes

I noticed there’s an achievement called god killer. Having been impressed by its name i thus came here to ask; how do you get this?

2 Likes

You have to kill a god :wink:

7 Likes

Glad you like Kyran :slight_smile: He has competition with the other popular ROs so I’m glad he’s getting some love.

8 Likes

I beta tested for evertree when it was a WIP and I just wanted to leave a brief comment about how the series has developed so much! Really enjoyed playing Lux and am looking forward to the next part- it definitely has a different charm from sordwin and evertree which I really enjoyed as well. I do have two questions after playing the game a couple of times- will the second part of lux be the finale of the evertree saga or is there more to come? (sorry if this has been asked before) and also are you able to romance Orion while already in a relationship with L or D?

6 Likes
The God killer achievement:-

To get the God killer achievement your MC need to go with the old man on day 3 he will then kidnap you to sacrifice to a god,there you will meet O convince them to let you stay with them,if you are unable to convince them then after exiting from cave get caught by the old man again on purpose,get into cave fight the cow God,kill it and voilà you got the achievement.

No.

No, on day 3 after killing the God,O says that you cannot romance them as long as you are in relationship with someone else.

3 Likes

It’s been 3 books.

WHAT WAS THE BET?? :sob::sob:

9 Likes

I signed up to say that as a romance junkie, I’m really enjoying the relationships in this series.

Dandy, Orion and Gunther are all tough nuts to crack in entirely different ways - Dandy is superficially available and lots of fun but slippery as an eel if you try to come to grips with him, Orion is 99% ice and 1% fire (I feel sorry for my poor lonely Orionmancers, but they knew what they were getting themselves into), and Gunther is a perfect combination of oblivious and trapped by his own tragic backstory - my brownie is half in love with him, half sorry for him, and entirely confused over what she’s going to do about it. :grin: And for my character who doesn’t want any of that drama, there’s sweet Lamuel!

Thanks for striking such a nice balance between the “action” parts of the series (investigating, fighting, etc.) and the character stuff, including the romances. Games feel so empty to me when they ignore the latter in favor of the former.

11 Likes

Thank you for the Orion tips!

I think I got myself out of the prision without his help but I can’t quite remember right now… maybe I didn’t and that’s where I lost my stats… He doesn’t like it when we need his help yet when when we do things by ourselves he only likes us 1% more lololol So demanding!

As for Kyran, he seems so like it when you’re open with him. He liked it when I flirted with him in our first encounter (when you take his hand), and then he liked that I was kinda open about my past. Still, when we parted after our first date I didn’t push things by inviting him over and he liked that a lot too.

I really do! I think it’s really nice to have a love interest that you can be a little flirty with but is still kinda sweet. Personally, I’m more of a Lamuel person than a Dandy person, but I still would like a little more spice sometimes with L.

I also don’t like that you’re kinda forced to drink a bunch of alcohol if you want to keep L happy during his trip to his hometown….

So Kyran is just right! Like, you can be flirty with him but he seems to still respect you and doesn’t like you less if you’re a bit more reserved about intimacy.

I also felt really connected to him when he said went through a lot of self loathing in the past. I think it’s very admirable that he got through it and now carries himself the way he does. And he seems to stop his shady work when he starts liking us, which says a lot about him if you keep in mind his upbringing and the reason he’s doing what he’s doing (if my suspicions are right). And that date!! That might have been the sweetest scene for me in the whole three books… Tl;dr I have a big crush on him lololol

Anyway I know he’s keeping stuff from us but I still don’t get the feeling he wasn’t showing himself around us, and I really liked what we got to see. I hope I’m right lol

So yeah! He’s awesome, and so is the book itself! :yellow_heart: Thank you so much for sharing your work with us and letting us enjoy it. This series is one of my favorite Choice of Games.

8 Likes

Hi I just played the game in steam, really late due to irl stuffs :frowning: so i just wanted to say congrats to Thom for the release of Lux!! I really love it!! I get to play on a merry-go-round with my favorite half-orc but damnnn the slow-burn is killing me :sob: :sob: also can’t wait to solve the mystery about his family. And damn the brothel scene kinda surprised me because I didn’t expect you to put smexy scene there :rofl:

7 Likes

Hi All,

Can someone please help me with these achivements below please.

The Spice Of Life: Chapter 2 or 3, Evening (5 points)
The Great Escape: Chapter 3, Evening (10 points)
In Flagrante Delicto: Chapter 3, Evening (5 points)
Threads of Fate: Chapter 4, Afternoon (5 points)

6 Likes

For In Flagrante Delicto you need to visit the bordello and bust into the room upstairs where Geoffrey Gubrick is having his tryst.

For Threads of Fate you need to have access to and read all of the available entries for Mallen Dupree’s diary during your spare time at night. This will require importing a save from Evertree Inn where Mrs. Dupree gives you her husband’s diary. I think you may also need to trust the Hierophant enough to let her advise you regarding your dreams in order to trigger it.

12 Likes

I’m still in the process of playing, but playing through this has been a blast so far :sob: I love the attention to detail–it is so fun to see all the little nooks and crannies within the story. Well done!

Also, all these cases thrown at me reminds me of finals week in school :joy: so much to do! It makes me all the more eager to replay after my first run :grin:

And congrats on the release!

7 Likes