Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

Sitting in an airport and planning the romance paths for Lux has ended up with me assigning each one a song. Thought id share them all here if anyone is interested :slight_smile:
Slight spoilers if you’re very good at interpreting songs, I guess? :grin:

Lamuel/Leah J’ai Cherché - Amir
Dandy/Daisy Before - Ulrik Munther
Orion/Oriana Skit För Varandra - Eric Saade
Gunther Distractions - Zero7
Ruby Dance Alone - Jana Burceska
Winter I Feed You My Love - Margaret Berger
Kyran/Kyra Wake Up - Eliot

Might need google translate for some of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (And apologies for my very Euro-centric music taste!!)

Let me know if any of them match what you think or if any were surprising! And please share if there are any songs you associate with your favourite characters! I’m always looking for good music to listen to as I write! (Like @Jender’s mix tapes :smiley:)

45 Likes

YESSSS!!! I :heart: these so hard! I just listened to Dandy/Orion and am hooked…onward to the rest of the list! I LOVE IT!!!

4 Likes

Looked up Before… Daisy/Dandy better not leave us cause they’re scared again.

10 Likes

I don’t know. That depends on the choices you make. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But for real, no-one worry :blush: The game has a long way to go and these are just a sneak peek into my mind as I get started.

15 Likes

Oh damn. The MC whom I keept single for the RO introduced in book 3 has almost the same name, when that happens it tends to be awkward/annoying enough for me to restart a whole game… Just my luck :confused: Tho I guess it’s still better to find out about this now than upon the game release.

Anyway would it be too spoilery to ask for a few sentences informations about them?

4 Likes

I agree, first thing we need to know is if they’re an M or an S.

5 Likes

But that would hurt so good to read! (Plus I think I’ve played almost all D’s responses so far, just to know their mindset better… :sweat_smile:) But yeah, gah, my MC would be shattered if they suddenly never saw D again

4 Likes

No you masochist.

5 Likes

Oh noooo!! I’m so sorry!!

You’ll get to meet them when the first demo chapter gets revealed (planned for next month barring life drama). So I’ll hold off describing and let people make up their own minds then :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Oh, I just have the song for my MC and Dandy.

A Pesar de Todo (Despite Everything)
a song by the punk band Eskorbuto (Basque Country)

Not the most romantic song, I know, but bear with my dude, he’s awful at feelings and all that.

Summary

One of my feet is bigger than the other,
And you can see the bone in my knee.
I have tooth cavities,
And an unknown disease.

I am always slouching,
You can barely see my chest.
A finger is missing from one of my hands,
And in the other I have six.

My nose is crooked.
I don’t have the best eyesight.
My heart works on batteries,
And my eyebrows are upside down.

And despite everything,
And despite everything,
And despite everything,
And despite everything,
You still love me 'cause I make you happy.

I am thoroughly broken,
Nothing in me works the way it should.

And despite everything,
And despite everything,
And despite everything,
And despite everything,
You still love me 'cause I make you

Jansen NoLastName isn’t as destroyed as this guy, but he comes from Blackstone and has been through a lot. He isn’t all that handsome either (I would describe him as punk-handsome; interesting in a roguish, had-a-rough-life kind of way) so when Dandy came along, he was blown away.

(Also D’s song is heartbreaking :heart:)

8 Likes

It is one of my all time favourites. Ulrik Munther is a phenomenal artist.

And thank you for the song! I’ll give it a listen once I’m back on dry land!

8 Likes

(Good to have as background noise when writing)
try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s lotr

Great soundtrack

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTIsNELvis ESO ost also great

or… How much is the fish! hehe

2 Likes

Oh, I really like Winter’s song! Honestly it did surprise me a bit, it’s more uplifting and less edgy than I would have expected, and has a different tone than the songs I personally associate with them. But that’s not a bad thing! Now I feel more optimistic about my goal of getting their trust permanently into double digits, haha…

Also, I love Eurovision in general. KEiiNO were robbed this year.

8 Likes

I am excite! I’m just finishing up my second PT of Sordwin (yes, I know I’ll need to replay it when the save system comes in), so I’m very ready with the hype and the pompoms.

4 Likes

Oooh, a thread for book 3. Awesome! I will be keeping an eye on it. I loved the first two.

4 Likes

I know, its exciting isn’t it. This is the writing I aspire to.

5 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: hmmm

5 Likes

Everyone ready to try a demo chapter?

Coming soon… :smiley:

Also @Emery_Valentine, thank you so much! I feel very honoured and hope Book 3 lives up to expectations :blush:

57 Likes

Yeeesssss :heart_eyes:
I’m so excited!

6 Likes

Me, screaming at my phone:

YES IM READY. GUNTHER IM COMING.

:rofl:

20 Likes