Looking for feedback - Still Alive WIP

Thanks for the read! I’m actually gonna edit this post and update the timeframe a bit. Instead of chapter 2 coming out in 2 weeks or so, I’m going to work on adding backgrounds and other bits of advice I’ve gotten so far (like more interaction options, and learning to show instead of tell😂). So hopefully you’ll come back to check that out!!

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone’s said this yet, but when you go from the main stat screen “back to game”

It takes you to a blank page like so:

Which seems weird.

That said, I REALLY liked it! The opening was lovingly mundane and really highlighted the twist ending. Loved it, and I look forward to the next installment!

1 Like

Yes I’ve noticed this too when playtesting it🤔 I’ll have to look at the code when I’m off work and see if I can fix that. Thank you so much for the read though!! I plan on updating it within 2 weeks or so. Hopefully sooner if I can finish editing and adding things in

1 Like

Found a bug with the child background at the end it shows both decisions answers so when you press run and hide it shows that and the try to stop them

1 Like

This was a complete oversight on my part involving the code :sweat_smile: It has been fixed now and uploaded. Thank you for pointing this out and thank you so much for the read!

Loved it, man. It’s been ages since I last came across such a promising demo. Nothing feels out of place, and the buildup to the scene where everything goes wrong is masterfully done. The characters felt believable and realistic, the pacing is just right, nothing feels boring, you manged to make the daily routine scenes feel comfortable, consequently making the scenes where everything goes 0 to 100 feel really exhilarating. I’m really excited for whatever comes next, but don’t feel like you need to rush. You got something good going on here

1 Like

Thank you so much for the read and for the very kind words😁 I’m really glad that you liked it. This means a lot to me as a new writer. Hopefully you’ll come back to check out future updates! Have a wonderful day, and once again, thank you for the read!

1 Like

I like Child POV, it’s rare find in this genre, even zombie exodus safe haven doesn’t cover that, in zombie exodus safe haven the youngest MC can be is a teenager, although MC can be guardian of 8 years old nephew it’s not the same as in the shoes of one.

1 Like

So I might get some hate for this, but I haven’t actually played Zombie Exodus or Safe Haven :sweat_smile: I do intend to at some point, but a few of my friends have played it, and I heard from them that there isn’t a child MC. And once they told me I should have multiple backgrounds, I had the idea to let you play as the child. As you said, I also don’t know of many games that let you play that way.

Thank you so much for the read btw! I’m glad you seemed to enjoy it, and hopefully you’ll come back soon to check out future updates!

Hmm you might want to check the story like Through Broken Lense here or mother where art thou in dashingdon, it give you some reference I don’t think I know other than those two. :grin:

I definitely come back in fact I’ve checked the new conspiracy theorist background looks good.

1 Like