Life of a Mercenary / A Mercenary's Life [WIP]

I love you man :rofl: keep move on what you like to do stay happy

3 Likes

You mean the game is complete and ready for submission?! Wow! Thatā€™s great newsā€¦ Huzzah

6 Likes

Are the beta testers already selected? I took the survey and was hoping I could be one of them. I loved the great tournament( secretly waiting for a sequel) series and swamp castle. Your games really got me
Into choice of games. I really wish I could be a beta tester

2 Likes

Great Tournament 2 is a sequel to The Great Tournament, itā€™s already released. Swamp Castle is a prequel to The Great Tournament. Life of a Mercenary is probably a spin off/ stand alone circling around the two mercenaries (Arlo and Anne- probably, I donā€™t remember their names) from Great Tournament 2. As best as I know these are the only 4 games currently in the universe @Jerieth created, and I am absolutely loving this worldā¤ {I secretly wish there were a Netflix series or something like GoT, and games and lore around the world @Jereith created}. You might want to try Lords of Aswick: First of his Blood and Lords of Aswick 2(WiP) and The War for the West(WiP), I bet you are gonna like them if you like @Jereithā€™s universe.

4 Likes

With added romance sequences :wink:

4 Likes

As far as I am aware, the bits about The Great Tournament, The Great Tournament 2, Swamp Castle and Life of a Mercenary are all correct.

2 Likes

I was able to get some really good beta testers, who will be included in the gameā€™s credits. COG requested some information from me a couple weeks ago, which I provided. Things are quite busy over at COG in regards to hosted games, so I think we just need to be patient as they sort through the assets. My contact over there has always looked out for me so I am sure I will hear back from them soon. Hopefully we can get this game a release date soon. Before the end of the year would be nice, but I would take later if that is what they can do.

This one is very much more open world than the previous games. It will probably require many playthroughs for you to experience everything.

8 Likes

Congratulations! Iā€™ve been following this game for a while and itā€™s awesome to see that youā€™ve finally completed it. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

This is such a amazing news! That means we get to experience the universe even more! If my memory doesnā€™t deceive me, we had a fairly big open world while we were Lord of Redwood waiting for the tournament, we could visit the numerous towns and do extra activities like climbing mountains and visiting ruins.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. The Great Tournament was my first choice game. I mean after that I am totally obsessed with these. Probably we all like them because we get to live a life we canā€™t haveā€¦ Probably we just want to experience a life which we could never have, romance out of our social anxiety, fight dragons and demons out of our meekness, we have the option to start over anytime you wish your life is screwed or when you feel you could do better than that. Personally speaking I must have used the restart button in The Great Tournament for at the very least about 1000 times in total. I found that game by sheer accident, as much weird as it may sound, I was actually attracted to the game by the cover photo of the knight atop the horse. And I have utterly failed to dissociate myself from this completely new world. Imagine my ecstasy when I discovered there is a whole forum for the lovers of choice games and we can actually play demos and the creators like @Jerieth are kind enough to update us about the progress of the project so that we may quench our desperation a little. Thank you soo much @Jerieth for creating this amazing stunning universe for usā¤ we absolutely love your content!
Ok that went a little too long of a replyā€¦

6 Likes

Hahaha, yeah i understand what you meant ā€¦ A Knight in Shining Armour was always my favourite childhood story ā€¦ and A chance to marry a princess ? That was just so unreal :-):fearful:

I didnā€™t know what to expect when i start reading Great Tournament ā€¦ but when i fully commit my heart and soul as the protagonist there , i was mesmerised by opportunity to become a Knight myself finallyā€¦ especially when i was required to prepare myself within 100 days to save the princess and the kingdom i was totally motivated to plan all my strategy to ensure i will win the tournament , and all the scenes materialised in my brain like a movie , where i finish the game until 1 am :-):sweat_smile: you have no idea how i felt when the king ask for my boon , and i chose to ask for Hannahā€™s hand as promise make me feel like living in 7th Heaven :-):sweat_smile:

Wellā€¦ It was both Vampire House and Great Tournament who brought me to HG/CoG forum and community, i never look back since :-):kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

That is actually soo relatable Eric! Really the scenes flashes like movie sequences in our mindšŸ˜‚ we show such dedication towards the games that I am at loss of words!
When the King asked me the boon I wanted, without think I simply clicked marrying Princess Hannahā¤ and when Mallick mistreated Hannah in GT2 when you play the scenario where you were defeated by Mallick, man! I was soo mad at that little prick who happened to be the king, if given a choice, I would have slashed his throat then and there come what may! Thatā€™s how powerful choice games are to those who actually take the time to read and understand the game.

2 Likes

How do i get to the beta test? i did the survey.

1 Like

The beta test had ended and the game had been submitted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s amazing newsā¤ @Eric_knight Thank you Soo Much! As I am new to all this procedure for game submitton, can you be kind enough to give me a idea, generally speaking about how much time should we wait to play the game?
Much appreciation in advance!

1 Like

Based on what i knowsā€¦ after the game being submitted, it requires further editing and need to queue up behind other games who had been submitted earlier
Based on upcoming games of HG for 2018, i think about 4 or 5 games being push to 2019ā€¦ Life of Mercenary should queue up behind them, hence perhaps March 2019 is a possible release date ā€¦ just my speculation :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you yet again @Eric_knight !:blush:

1 Like

All this and more! The Great Tournament was my first Choice game as well!

This all happened to me tooā€¦ Iā€™m so glad I tapped install.

4 Likes

Latest Update:

Game appears to be accepted by COG on the Hosted Games label, just waiting on some final paperwork from them. I just want to thank everyone, especially the beta testers that participated. You all are great!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing news! Canā€™t wait to play the whole game. :heart::blush:

1 Like