Life of a Mercenary / A Mercenary's Life [WIP]

You should do it… i didn’t know Arlo and Anne were from there until i saw a post about it and i immediately played as the kid. And it’s just great to see them there. You get to know about their backstories as well… It’ll make you love them more :slight_smile:

Same here. I just can’t help it… :hugs:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m the best person to learn from. Surely you saw my thread about male genderlocked HGs if I’d be so open minded then I wouldn’t have made that thread

3 Likes

I did… although i had to read it with a heavy heart due to suffering of Hannah :disappointed_relieved: however the meeting with Anne and Arlo was great, another 2 adorable characters … now i am wondering how to get a suit of those Valarian Plate mail, it looks invincible if that knight was not complacent

High Five !!! Friend … :smile:

It was an interesting Read… since you are sharing your own thought, naturally that means you are willing to digest others opinion as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just reading the Authors description I know what 2 GT characters it is. Kinda exciting but I hope more make an appearance. And honestly it would be cool to be able to load your GT 2 save and have that effect the story of its not asking for too much

GT2 takes place after Life Of A Mercenary so it would be impossible to use your save and have it effect the story for obvious reasons :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I think Gensa from Swamp Castle may come back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love Ann she my cool red head partner in crime

1 Like

Great game man, now i cannot wait to play the official version

2 Likes

Love how this is going. Can’t wait to see more :slightly_smiling_face:. Now I just need to hire Guts and my mercenary band will be complete :joy:

3 Likes

If you hire guts you wont need a merc band he will be all you need.

4 Likes

Is this topic still alive?

2 Likes

Yes and No. Life sometimes has a way of getting in the way, but I am still working on it.

4 Likes

Think you could add a cheat mode to the game it would make future play through funner well for me anyway.

2 Likes

You’re the only reason why I still am on this forum. Have your time.

3 Likes

Just a quick update, I am about 75% done with the game. It still needs a lot of polish. I listened to feedback and there will be a save / checkpoint system in this game. Essentially you will have an opportunity to save a checkpoint before major scenes. You have to use a checkpoint token to load a previous save. Loading a checkpoint will result in a significant score penalty and you have limited checkpoint tokens, but I might throw in a way to earn them. How much you start with is primarily determined by the difficulty you choose to play on. Hopefully this is a good compromise between players who want real consequences and those who don’t want to start the game completely over, especially if you are halfway through the game. If you guys have any other feedback or suggestions feel free to post them. I am not sure when I will release the beta, but I will more than likely make an announcement.

15 Likes

Have say this love your work on life of a mercenary hope get to be full game

1 Like

This got to be one of my favourite WIP in the forum

1 Like

Hello all,

Considering changing the name to ‘A Mercenary’s Life’ due to the fact there is another series on Hosted Games that starts with “Life of” and I don’t want to cause any confusion. Also, if you guys have any suggestions or feedback on what you want in the game, feel free to post it. I am about 80% done, but I still have room to add features and I always like to hear from users on what they want in the game. Thanks!

7 Likes

Is there a way to like have a little more chapter on your work because the current demo is so short for me to give my input but I’m willing to give my best

1 Like

Will you be able to choose what type of Armour you wear along with what kind of weapon you use.

3 Likes