Kingdom Lords(Game idea)

Am hi this is an idea with me trying worldbuilding, i’m making this see the interest so i can make the whole world i’m imagining, so here i go

This is set in medieval style age so it means swords, bows & arrows, lances, etc…

You are a newly crowned king of one of the many petty human kingdoms, you are relatively young so you need to prove yourself to the people, nobles, merchants, and the other kings of surrounding kingdoms and others. Your kingdom is an average one, meaning that you got enough wealth(gold and resources), that no one in ur kingdom is poor(poor=can’t eat 3 meals a day).

This story is about the unification of the human kingdoms, where you can either start it, be neutral at 1st before joining someone(meaning a war will start whether your the one who starts it or not), or being neutral until someone conquers you, of course assuming that your rule is not challenged by someone, if this get positive review i plan to make atleast 4 or 6 games.

Note this may seem too plain to interest people but i actually hide a lot of info so people could ask and the fact that i only made this in the 1st week of this month so i need people to ask me and give me ideas and feedback to the one’s that’s already in my head, and sorry for my bad english not a native.

And i also need help naming the places and with the title since i don’t feel like it’s a good name for the game.

So yeah this is all i’m giving until someone asked.

29 Likes

I would love to pay for these kind of games that sets in the medieval times and especially when ur a noble it would be like the game of thrones!

5 Likes

Oh there’s a twist in being a noble one i could tell you if you tell me how to do spoilers

2 Likes

Sounds good you could change abut tho cause everyone know a human Lord will be good could change it to half Orc or something

Very Good idea, My idea for name is My Average Kingdom xD I know its bad name but its something :relaxed:

Very excited about the idea. Kingdoms are texting to work with because just the landscape can shape counties, cultures, and politics.

Would very much like to see it fleshed out.

Would the story be focused on the King/Queen personal life and decisions (who obviously must be attended to hand and foot), or more of managing the country like a business (directing development and dealing with consequences)? Mix of both?

More often than not, early monarchs had a “this is my stuff” approach, rather than “I must govern”

Am sorry for the late reply cause don’t have net cause of the storm here

And to ur idea, not really what i have in mind but i will think about

@lekstar00 haha thanks for the suggestion but i don’t like it

@Vman the main story is about the unification of the human kingdoms but of course there will be interactions but won’t be much cause i got me a twist for maybe the 3rd or 4th game

Interesting! So, does the unification of ‘human kingdoms’ mean that there are kingdoms of other sentient races?

Yes, this is going to be like the Hobbit and LotR in races and maybe some of my own

You say “King” but will I be allowed to play as a “Queen” or will non binaries be able to play as a “Monarch” or something? CoGs have always been my fave since a lot of the choose your own adventure games of the past didnt allow you to choose your own person/personality.

As for game mechanics will I be able to choose how to declare war? Having strong troops/mages or superior battle tactics/info on the enemy for example.
If I choose not to go to war and get attacked myself, how will I come out on top if my kingdom ends up conquered? Will I be able to use my wits and have spies poison my enemies because getting “conquered” was my plan all along?
What if I want to avoid war all together? Can I make some fancy alliances through tactics such as marriage, trade, and other mutually beneficial agreements?

2 Likes

You know… if everyone in ur kingdom could eat 3 meals a day, then ur kingdom is pretty rich. I mean, not a single starving homeless person? You are either communist or everyone in your kingdom has a decent paying job. Good kingdom to live in I’d say. Fun idea, always liked the sort of “Grand Strategy” type games. So this should be cool. :+1:

1 Like

Yes you will be able to play as a guy, girl or whatever u want, it depends on ur decision like ur 1st move as newly crowned king or whatever is to strengthen ur forces, get war advisor’s and some i’ll need to think up other things (there are no mages and for superior tactics that depends on ur stats)

And for getting attack again ur stats for ur wits, for poisoning its kind of useless, unless ur friendly with the next potential ruler and u manipulate them.

And for avoiding it, its not possible cause this game is about the unification of the human kingdoms so even with alliances u need to give support and plus the politics in ruling with u becoming a pushover will give u trouble.

@GIO443 yeah what i mean is that ur kingdom is just a few steps before poverty but even thats the case the people in ur kingdom is happy because ur father is a kind, generous, and good ruler ( not too good as to make ur kingdom prosper), ur father’s predecessor was a good, cunny, scheming bastard, who nearly brought the kingdom to ruins, so yeah ur father is good and ur kingdom is average.

And thanks, i also like strategy type games, and since this is something i made no more than a few weeks, it might not live up to ur expectations so thats why i made this thread to bounce ideas but it looks like only a few are interested.

1 Like

This actually sounds like a good idea. I mean with as vague as you were you easily have endless routes you can take in the style of wrighting and in the direction it could go.

1 Like

Well i do got an ending for this but i want people to suggest want they want and i will see if i can do it

1 Like

Well if you do do this i would honestly just like the basics. A few romancable characters whos personality arent the same it happens sometimes. A chance to go to war and take another kingdom over but with pros/cons to it and the choice of which one. Maybe a marriage alliance path as well. Assassination plot somewhere in there that always comes with being royalty. But the choice to make your kingdom drift away from a hierarchy to something similar to a republic or something like communism wouldnt hurt lol. And a rebel uprising. Preferably led by a former lover maybe or old childhood friend. A flash back here and there but not every chapter. Hell if you want i can do this all day and might end wrighting a story haha

Sound[quote=“Karl341, post:1, topic:22745, full:true”]
Am hi this is an idea with me trying worldbuilding, i’m making this see the interest so i can make the whole world i’m imagining, so here i go

This is set in medieval style age so it means swords, bows & arrows, lances, etc…

You are a newly crowned king of one of the many human petty kingdoms, you are relatively young so you need to prove yourself to the people, nobles, merchants, and the other kings of surrounding kingdoms and others. Your kingdom is an average one, meaning that you got enough wealth(gold and resources), that no one in ur kingdom is poor(poor=can’t eat 3 meals a day).

This story is about the unification of the human kingdoms, where you can either start it, be neutral at 1st before joining someone(meaning a war will start whether your the one who starts it or not), or being neutral until someone conquers you, of course assuming that your rule is not challenged by someone, if this get positive review i plan to make atleast 4 or 6.

Note this may seem too plain to interest people but i actually hide a lot of info so people could ask and the fact that i only made this in the 1st week of this month so i need people to ask me and give me ideas and feedback to the one’s that’s already in my head, and sorry for my bad english not a native.

And i also need help naming the places and with the title since i don’t feel like it’s a good name for the game.

[/quote]

**_[quote=“Karl341, post:1, topic:22745, full:true”]

You are a newly crowned king of one of the many human petty kingdoms, you are relatively young so you need to prove yourself to the people, nobles, merchants, and the other kings of surrounding kingdoms and others. Your kingdom is an average one, meaning that you got enough wealth(gold and resources), that no one in ur kingdom is poor(poor=can’t eat 3 meals a day).

This story is about the unification of the human kingdoms, where you can either start it, be neutral at 1st before joining someone(meaning a war will start whether your the one who starts it or not), or being neutral until someone conquers you, of course assuming that your rule is not challenged by someone, if this get positive review i plan to make atleast 4 or 6.

[/quote]

_**s so good!
I hope you pay equal attention to political intrigue and emotional intrigue. Both are really fun to play.

Yeah for this game its endings are pretty basic like u losing the war or being an ally with a or many of the nearby kingdom or conquering them etc…, for romance i haven’t thought much about it cause this will mostly focus on the war but also that im kind of bad when it comes to romance (not very imaginative when it comes to peoples personality), and of course pros/cons will be here like in conquered kingdoms will have rebellions, assassins, nobility sabotage, and other things for pros it will likely be taxes, troops, weapons, etc…, the reforms like making ur kingdom to a republic ain’t here but more like women soldiers, commanders, advisors and rulers. Rebel uprising depends on how u will rule in ur main kingdom (not conquered ones). The flashback will be the prologue ur infancy, childhood, to before being crowned so its stats building and background.

1 Like

Yeah if u want alot in romance and emotion stuff i’m gonna need help

Not your strong suit?

Nope, and like i said there isn’t a lot of interactions but enough to satisfy, more will likely come later when the war’s over or of course u can step down as royal and be nobility with u deciding what to so lots more interaction, basically its a branch that can also continue in the next game.