Killer in the House (WIP)

yes yes this seems promising :smiley:

Well if Lily is going to leave me to die just because I didn’t agree that the house is like a cavemans…

I will get back up, catch up to her, and trip her up and leave her for dead.

I’ve got 99 problems but she won’t be one anymore.

There will be more times where you manage to find them and exchange knowledge about the killer/Peter. And then the chase begins. Depending on what you say and how you say it, you will improve or worsen your relationship (As Aaron and Darren never had actual interaction scenes in the “safe zone”)

I like the basic idea for this game a lot. It seems vaguely similar to an idea I’d had to try to make a non-linear slasher flickish survival game (which I now wonder if I’ll ever get around to). I do find the idea a bit confusing that having a 70 or greater relationship results in your dear friend’s death, but having slightly less results in both you and your slightly less dear friend surviving to continue to help each other…

It was just an example. It wouldn’t actually go like that. No matter what though, at least 2 of your friends WILL die, and 1 will become possessed. Like the S Ending of Clock Tower, you will have an obscure “secret” ending where one of your friends survives with you. If I finish this and if there’s a sequel, though, again like CT, it won’t be the canon ending. Gah this is so damn similar to Clock Tower it’s not funny.

@Aquos_Boost As I remember, Clock Tower - the first one, anyways, had a proper Good endin’ that involves crows. We are talkin’ about the same Clock Tower, right?

Why the apparent need to make it so similar to Clock Tower? Personally I never played that game, but the fact that your choices were ultimately meaningless in relation to the ultimate fates of your friends made me not want to.

@Bagelthief Yes, the 1995 pixel game with Jennifer Simpson?
@Shoelip I’m trying to steer the game away from the feel of Clock Tower. I want to give the game a feel of the fact you genuinely can’t save every one of your friends. I’m considering making the best ending, however, involve saving 2 of your friends instead of the 1. But I do want to go through with the “Your-friend-is-possessed” thing.

So since you’ve gone into enough spoilerage to mention it in the first place, what exactly does that mean? “Possessed” I mean.

I was planning on having a demonic element to the game, and one of your friends will fall victim to its influence and turn into one of your enemies. It’ll start off simple, with them acting a little out of place, but then they’ll get progressively and progressively more violent, then murderous, then they don’t care as long as they get a kill.

@Aquos_Boost that sounds interesting I’ve never played a game where that happens :smiley:

I’m sure there are games with that element.

I never said there wasn’t I said I never played one before…*awkwardly floats away*

Ah. I tend to misread things a lot ^^;

Plot twist; You are possessed… Dun dun DUN!

Just kidding lol… but it could be hilarious finding out that you are the killer and that you have no recolection of their deaths because of the possession. You find all of their death scenes because you are the killer, the killer you believe is their is just the thing possessing you to alter your perception.

Depending on your actions however you can become responsible for your friends deaths, you are unable to stop the true killer (another person being possessed), or you successfuly save that person. Ooooh all of the many different possible choices heheheh.

Final showdown is between you and the “true killer” your friend who is possessed. Depending on how many of your friends you were able to save and the times you fell to the possession will determine the possible endings.

Gonna stop now lol… Slasher is a dying genre so I kinda went wild for a few secs heheheh

@SpitfireEX

I like your thinking, lad.

@SpitfireEX I think those ideas are pretty cool, too.
Wow, slasher really is dying? O.o I always thought slashers were pretty awesome. Oh well, I guess every genre has its downfall. Some more abruptly than others.

A small update now but I need a little help; I’ve implemented a “dead/alive/possessed” system into the game, but instead of the expected “Alissa is bladdyblah”, I got “is {$alissa} bladdyblah”. Is there a way to fix this? It’s not going to affect gameplay but it looks dodgy.

Another update, a bit bigger now; MC+Friend death scenes! Even if they are crap right now, the protagonist is now at risk of death…OoO

decapitation!!! xD