Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

I didn’t wind up fighting a manticore, I did fight a hydra though. Are we only supposed to encounter either or?

1 Like

Honestly found both the hydra and manticore rather easy, did use the same character for them so idk

5 Likes

In the places you’re looking for the flowers you chose either the swamp or forest; the hydra or manticore are fought there respectively.

3 Likes

“On his desk you can see photos of a little boy levitating and a little girl ridding a creature with the upper body of a horse and the lower body of a fish.”

There should only be one “d” in riding.

2 Likes

Spotted a tiny error here: “to confirm the story the school game to them” should probably be gave.

And

“They gnomes are out of commission, and Kol and Thalia are able” Should be “The gnomes”.

Now onto the story side, I like that we can borrow Leon’s clothes (and shoes hopefully), but it seems strange that he doesn’t recognize or comment on it in any way. Does he have that many that he honestly doesn’t notice? If so that opens up some intriguing possibilities for my mc. :smiling_imp:
I mean, I guess with his preppy stuff it is possible as those things all look alike, still I’d recognize my shoes at least.

About the jobs, particularly the political aide one, while using Leon’s connection it may be possible to get a more senior position (and presumably better pay) on the campaign team then would otherwise be available to new volunteers who are prepared to make the commitment to become aides, prior connections are not strictly necessary for the job. You just need to be party member and suitably impress them.
More to the point, despite being a Nephilim I think my mc would want to volunteer for the Corona, rather then the Trissata campaign, because at this point he already really doesn’t like Leon and Cyrus’ parents. :wink: Even if that means getting a more junior position and being paid less.

5 Likes

“I’ll get our tech department to make the necessary modifications on your phone so you’re able to contact them by tonight.”

Referring to MC’s mother with the pronoun “them” instead of “her.”

1 Like

Thank you for updating! I loved all the new stuff.

3 Likes

Loved the update, I’ve played it through a heap of times already, though mostly because I’m incompetent when it comes to the Rogues Exam. It’s my own fault I guess, I didn’t take any combat related classes for a start which probably would have helped. The manticore beat me on first try and I just barely scraped a victory past the hydra. My shiny 100 grade fell to 92.5 and I don’t know if that means I did well or horribly. I’m going to have to fiddle around with it a bit more, my first couple of tries are always terrible. I nearly burned down the forest fighting gnomes and tried telekinesis on the manticore despite not even having taken the subject. Anyway, thanks for the update, this was brilliant.

3 Likes

What does being charismatic do? Are there going to be future events where itll come in handy? I notice if you choose the other options theres an increase in stats but there was nothing for charisma. Aside from that im loving the add ons except for that cliff hanger! :sob: thought I can finally get a glimpse of what the twins+leon do on a regular basis. I’m definitely looking forward to the next update hehe.

1 Like

I just played through the new update, and it was great :~) I like the added family subplot. There were a few things that felt off, and disrupted immersion.
For one, MC doesn’t self examine very much at all, given what’s just happened to them. MC doesn’t do a great deal of introspection regarding their feelings toward being abruptly uprooted and thrust into a new life, despite the fact that we’re given the opportunity to voice our frustrations. There’s very little feeling attached to it, and it comes off as mechanical. It’d make sense for even the most adaptable of MCS to quickly become overwhelmed to the point of panic (especially considering everything tht happens to us! harpies on our first day? My MC was ready to seek out a small, dark corner and have a panic attack, and that’s just not given much consideration @ all) and I’d recommend addressing this in some way. It doesn’t have to be super dramatic, even something like the MC being unable to sleep @ night because of a nightmare (those are also not given any further thought by MC, and aren’t mentioned again? it’s underwhelming, MC doesn’t feel as though they’re disconcerted at all), and spending the night up thinking, or conversely, not thinking as some characters might be prone to rapidly disassociating frm the situation in order to avoid panic/fear.
The conversation with your dad feels railroaded, and flippant, in a sense. He expresses concern for you, and the conversation ends so quickly and on such an ominous note but MC just doesn’t think abt it? It’s like nothing pierces their consciousness, you know. I feel this conversation should be fleshed out a little more, as well.
+
The relationship pacing still feels very rushed. There’s no indication that the ROS are attracted to us prior to them asking us out? 0 buildup makes things very underwhelming in terms of development. The characters don’t know us, and we don’t really know them. Sitting by someone in class a few times and conversing a couple of times might be enough to warrant a crush, sure, but entering into an established relationship (o.k, you could argue that for a MC whose strongest desire is not be alone, being so hasty might make sense in terms of character but wht abt the ROS), seems mad hurried. There’s a need for more character interaction, and expressions of mutual attraction before relationships get underway. Relationships should develop organically, and this feels shallow/baseline. Granted, different characters will want different things and will respond accordingly to MC’s motivations/intentions but…there’s just a sense of not knowing anything about the characters. Certain characters might be O.K with moving so quick, and that should be reflected in their interactions with a MC they’re into, whilst other characters might skirt the topic completely, or be shy, or want MC to make the first move. This is all stuff we don’t know abt the characters given the current interaction we’ve had with them. + If you choose to keep things the way they are (and tht’s totally your call!) you can potentially get asked out by 3 or 4 different characters who never acknowledge the other characters asking you out? Is nobody perceptive enough to realize that they have a crush on the same person their friend might also be interested in? TLDR; 2 or 3 conversations, no expression of interest on the part of MC or RO and then a confession out of the blue is unrealistic and disruptive imo.
Sorry abt the essay LMAO.

8 Likes

I think the only two ro’s that you can enter into a relationship with at this point Leon and Astrid are the sort of people who aren’t going to sit around idly being shy and go after what they want, if that is the mc then that is the mc.
On the other hand with Altair the author already seems to be laying the groundworks for a slow build-up of that attraction and relationship and I imagine that with Cyrus we’re going to have to work on breaking through the cutie’s shell, a lot.

1 Like

Wow, forget all about the Siren…

You can enter into a relationship with Kol and Thalia, as well. @ One point you can actually refer to Thalia as your girlfriend.

I interpreted the relationship as something casual instead, well at least for the ones I saw (Astrid and Thalia. especially for Thalia) so I was ok with a shallow relationship.

2 Likes

I cant wait for this to be released from what I’ve read in the demo is really good and I’d love to get the finished copy when it releases :smiley:

2 Likes

You call Thalia your GF, which doesn’t tie into the idea of it being a casual relationship. I mentioned tht different characters might want different things, but then that needs to be established frm the get go, @ the inception of the relationship. The character should tell you, directly ‘hey, I don’t want this to be serious’ so there isn’t a misunderstanding later on.

Eh, well…not interested in girls that way and I’ll leave Kol to @ParrotWatcher. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That definitely sounds casual to me…

I really don’t think that’s needed when you’ve known each other for a day or two.

But you remembered Astrid?

2 Likes

B-b-but… Astrid ain’t human.

:joy: yeah, i know XD

1 Like

Astrid is pretty much miss exposition for the early game, so I remember her, also she’s the one with the super cute brother.

1 Like