Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

It’s not decided just by the simulation, but you could be just a regular human. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In case you’re not sure, the other options are nephilim (part human, part angel), cambion (part human, part demon), dragonborn (part human, part dragon; this may have had a name change, but I forget), kitsune (Japanese fox spirit), and elemental. You will always be able to play as an elemental and (I think) one of nephilim and cambion, but the others all have special requirements. If you play as a human, you will have the option to either learn magic, or not. And being a magicless human in a world of magic is fun. :grin:

5 Likes

@Eric_knight ah I see… so what is a human hunter exactly? one who hunts humans??

@ParrotWatcher I could decide what kind of supernatural I am? And I could be just a regular human? It sure is fun being human who can’t do magic in a world where monsters would try to kill you lol. But how would that explain Agent Conti not being able to compel me?

3 Likes

@Marceline_Reyes
Lol… Human Hunters are like the vampire slayers or those hunters in supernatural tv series…
Hunters are those who hunt and kill supernaturals in most stories :slight_smile: and they are humans mostly, except for Blade the vampire who hunt vampires

So the MC parents could be hunters, so you can imagine how they will feel and want to kill Astrid for kidnaping my MC away :wink:

As for Conti not able to compel MC, it is a BIG spoiler… give you a hint, answer is in game title :wink:

1 Like

@Meira_Litch @Sleepyowl
Thank you for your support!

@Marceline_Reyes @Eric_knight
MC can choose to be human in Chapter 2 if they don’t pick the “try to use magic” option in the simulation.
Otherwise, they have to wait until Chapter 4 to find out their species; either cambion, nephilim, drakaina, elemental, or kitsune. Human MCs can also decide to become magicians here.

11 Likes

uhh this is probably a stupid question but can I still choose to be not human even if I don’t pick the “try to use magic” option?

Anyway, I’m very much looking forward to this game!

1 Like

From what I remember the species available to you were dependent on stats.
You had to actively resist and never use magic to be human. And from there you could be a magician or hunter.

1 Like

Yes. (As of the last publicly available demo, at least.)

1 Like

Yeah, punching, dodging or not doing anything, that all works

1 Like

Sorry, I probably wasn’t very clear earlier but what I meant is can I still be a cambion or nephilim, etc. even if I don’t use magic in the simulation in the first chapter?

I believe you can, but it’s been a while… XD

There should be other opportunities for magic later on, before the species reveal.

And I think not using magic doesn’t prevent you from being not-human. But using magic does prevent you from being human.

3 Likes

Ohh ok now I get it! Thank you! :smile:

And thank you also to everyone else who answered!

You can always restart if you find out you are only human in the end :-):stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s how I would do it but it’s better to know beforehand! :grin:

2 Likes

Hmm. I am a bit frustrated it’s been pushed back, particularly since none of the ones they are releasing this month fit my tastes. I am very much enjoying giving Astrid a hard time after such a long time without the demo.

5 Likes

I need a time machine because i know I can’t wait till 2019

8 Likes

I can’t even wait for the author to answer asks on their tumblr blog. I’m so hyped and everytime it’s an answer to a question about the ROs I’m so overjoyed. My favorite hobbies are anticipating answers from Daydreams 24/7 and attacking the ask box every minute.

6 Likes

@Marceline_Reyes
MC will always have the option to not be human.

@Disciple @Kane_Smith_B_In_K_Pa
Thank you for your support!

(Tip for if you’re asking: I can respond to information requests quickest, then shorts for a character, then all RO scenario asks :wink:)

I’m glad :grin:

12 Likes

I’m restraining myself from drowning your ask box with Leon requests :sob:

6 Likes

Just realized I never posted a collection of in-game appearance descriptions for characters on this thread, so if it interests anyone, it’s below the cut.

Descriptions

Altair: “A guy who looks vaguely similar to Astrid, with the same severe eyes but dark hair instead of fair”
Astrid: “There’s a girl in either her late teens or early twenties kneeling at your side, blonde hair messy and mascara smudged around her eyes.“
Cressida: “A girl with curly dark hair and brown skin. Her brown eyes seem to bore into your soul, ferreting out your secrets”
Cyrus: “A guy with dark skin and a sleek leather jacket, who looks as if this is the last place he wants to be”
Katia: “Soft-featured and doe-eyed, with fawn skin and black hair that catches the sunlight”
Kol: “Brunet with light brown skin and a strained smile. His eyes are a distinctive, inky black.”
Leon: “Tan with light brown hair that shines gold in the light, and attractive features despite his cold eyes”
Seraphina: “A girl storms through the still ajar door, fiery red hair flying through the air…Her eyes are intense, fixing you in place”
Thalia: “A petite girl with sharp features like the edge of a knife and straight, black hair…She smiles; her teeth are sharp too”
Yakov: “He’s tall and fair-haired, with pale eyes that look like they’ve had all of the color sucked out of them.”

18 Likes
That moment when you always thought that Leon was blonde

bcf

14 Likes