Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Not that I know of,the only time I remember him shifting was during one of the species training and it was only with his claws. If someone actually knows if he has shifted and fought in combat,I would like to know as it would almost completely make everything I have said null and void.

Who knows?The thing about theoretical arguments like this is that neither of us know for certain, all we have to go on is what is written down and what the creator says. So that was what I was originally going off of. I am not saying that Kol is a baddie or anything. I just think that it is a little odd.

I don’t think so. Considering you can get 30+ in Int and Fight and only like 20 will if you play as a human.(I checked the anti resistance class gives you like +4 to will) The only way to get over 10 in it if you are a magi is to be dedicated and take a 10 in it.

Not sure if he did with the manticore, but he definitely does with the hydra; I found it:

Kol has disappeared from beside you, and in his place is a fiery winged bird. For a moment that you don’t have—as you dodge another hydra head—you wonder if it’s another monster, before you remember your suitemate’s ability.

Kol takes off, talons aimed at one pair of the hydra’s eyes.

Ah, my point was that, if under 10 will is supposed to be weak willed, and it’s very difficult to get more than 10 will, that could indicate that there are too few opportunities to raise will, or that the threshold of a weak will is too high.
But maybe it’s supposed to be fairly low at this point for most players… I just thought I should raise this to attention, just in case.

3 Likes

Welp rippity rip looks like I was a idiot. I should have probably waited for more people to chip in before I ran off with it. Hindsight is always 20/20 isn’t it?

I still find him a tad bit odd still.:thinking:

Oh I thought you were calling for the opposite whoops, but yeah it seems pretty difficult to raise willpower if you are a magi.

1 Like

No big deal, it happens to everyone. :slight_smile: And I’ve checked the manticore fight, and yeah, it doesn’t describe him fighting in there.

Well, I like him a lot, but I do think he’s hiding something :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I get the feeling most of the ROs are… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

For real though if he is actually clean,as in his secret is normal, I will classify him as too good for this suite.

2 Likes

Have the current friendship scenes seem fleshed out enough/have there been enough of them, in your opinion? With trying not to screw up the RO paths, I have admittedly given less attention to friendship scenes than I would have liked :thinking:

MC will have a chance to watch Cy and the others at the winter duelist tournament.

It does seem fair if non-hunter human!MC gets more social, skill, or subplot scenes to make up for the lack of overarching species subplot, though. I’ll see about incorporating that in Chapter 8 :smile:

Lecture we were promised :joy: PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I PROMISED THAT I’VE MADE TOO MANY PROMISES. WAS IT ON THE FORUM?? IN GAME?? AAAHHHHH :fearful:

On the topic of neutral magic, with magic side effects becoming more prevalent in future chapters and (my not having coded a way to check for magic type during magic checks that seems fair) neutral magic is probably gonna be out. As it stands, it would be a pretty unfair advantage, and I like the contrast between dark/light magic more. Just wanted to give fair warning.

Regarding the manticore/hydra scenes:

• Kol, Astrid, Leon, and MC are the main ones involved with the hydra
  • Thalia and MC are the main one involved with the manticore
  • The others only get involved in each fight if it takes too long

For friendship scenes: Are there any two/three people your MC wants the chance to hang out with together? Or any characters you feel aren’t getting enough screen time?

9 Likes

Will we be able to enter the tournament our self or are we still too weak and/or under qualified to be in it?

Yakov,Cyrus,and Altair, I don’t know why but I feel like that would be entertaining to see. As for characters not getting enough screen time I think that you have done a good job with that. The only two characters that seem like they haven’t have much time was Gisela and Katia and there is that one new subplot that regards to them somewhat so that deals with that.

4 Likes

Will there be any opportunities to hang out with Jarrod outside of the Hunter route? I mean, I get why there wouldn’t be but I think it’d be really enjoyable to see more of him!

3 Likes

For my main, Nephilim mc at least you have done a good job at making his new experiences feel overwhelming enough and his schedule jam-packed to the rafters enough that he even has to make time for Alty. Though given that you’ve hinted at Winter and Summer breaks I was hoping you’d be able to sneak in one or two friendship scenes/activities in there. It also helps that my main mc likes Cy as a friend and even looks up to him a bit as his senpai, so I guess for him the species scenes with Cy double as friendship scenes/activities too.

Not including Alty, my preference would be for hanging out with Cyrus, Kol and Thalia sometime with my Nephilim mc, now that I’ve given it some more thought.
For my witch-boy, not including Cyrus, it would probably be Altair, Leon and Sera.
Ultimately though I’d be content with any friendship scene(s) involving Cy for my main mc and any friendship scene involving Alty for my witch-boy.

Yay! Of course my mc will mainly cheer(lead) for Cy, unless Alty is a tournament fighter as well (I hope not) cause that would leave my poor mc so torn.: :worried:
In any case he’ll definitely try to buy a tacky piece of merchandise and try to have Cy autograph it! :grin:

Well maybe the friendship activity can raise willpower a bit instead then. I don’t mind skipping a boring monsters and rogues lecture, unless you feel it’s absolutely vital to the plot in favour of a fun friendship activity type scene.

Well for my new Witch-boy magi mc he’d be interested in either going after both subplots, or pursuing both Alty’s and Leon’s friendship paths with his extra time. Compared to my main Nephilim mc the magi path does feel more relaxed and less jam-packed and overwhelming, so if you’re feeling up to that then yes I’d like for my with-boy to have an extra Alty friendship scene somewhere in there, particularly since as a normal human, witchy or not, we don’t get species scenes with Cy or Alty. So that character would have to contrive another reason to then species or romance to sneak into Alty’s life. :thinking:

Well from what Cy can say on one of his dates the mc should stand a chance if they play their cards rights (in this case you’d probably need to be good at both combat and battle magic and it would help if you took both classes), so I guess that would disqualify my main mc right there. Which is alright for me cause my Nephilim mc’s physique was probably built mostly in the gym and for showing-off at that. While he has got some interest in non-magical combat, it was one of the classes I had to sacrifice in the fine tuning to get better synergy (and more Alty time). Though if we can switch-up some classes next semester, who knows.

3 Likes

So… 1?

Now I’m being forced onto the druggie magic…

Maybe a weak willed neutral is more susceptible to druggie addiction? Though I still want the “every magic type is available at once option”

Especially since neutrals don’t have access to celestial magic at all (besides dragonspark which isn’t " ours")which is supposed to be a power boost to the already normally stronger emotional magic…

2 Likes

Oh no, the author liked that post! We’re doooooooooomed :scream:

Wait, so would that’ve been related to the hybrids, or would hybrids just be using dark/light magic? :confused:

Well, I enjoy Kol and Thalia’s banter :smile: but seems to me you’re already including lots of that anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Katia and Gisela? :thinking: It’s easy to miss pretty much all of their material without even realizing you’re missing anything. And they’re such interesting characters…

(I’m not gonna say Kol, even though he’s my favorite, because he already seems to be the main default person around :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I guess since he’s so social :thinking:)

Um… it might’ve been two? I don’t really remember :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Cressida and Astrid are still friends now since they made up, right? I would like to see them hang out.

5 Likes

Or any characters you feel aren’t getting enough screen time?

Ummm…more Seraphina? Not enough Seraphina. I think we need a bit more Seraphina. Do I have an obsession with Seraphina? Totally not. Have I been replaying the demo over and over again just trying to max out my relationship with Seraphina? Nah. Am I lying? Most assuredly not. Hotel? Trivago.

4 Likes

I’d like a scene with the MC, Cressida and Astrid. If anything, it would be intersting to see the awkward and complicated mess that is their relationship. Who knows, maybe the MC might smooth things out a bit between them (or at least try to).

Also, more Thalia scenes. Doesn’t matter when or with who. Just…more Thalia scenes.

And we all need some Briseis in our lives, don’t you think?

8 Likes

“Control magic is manipulation of the actions or minds of humans, other magi, animals, or magical creatures. You’ll learn more about it in your Monsters and Rogues class.”

Doesn’t that make willpower even less useful? But I guess I’ll be going with dark magic from now on.

1 Like

Could ritual magic be used in place of elemental manipulation?

Let the hate flow through you.

3 Likes

That highly depends, I suppose you could lob some potions as grenades, though I’m not a fan of it, for example what if someone on the opposing team hits the bag or pouch containing all of your grenade-like potions breaking them all simultaneously? Ouch! :face_with_head_bandage:
As for ritual magic I guess it depends on how fast certain spells could be cast and sigils drawn. I guess this might be one of the possible uses for super-high willpower, allowing you to concentrate on complex spell-work in the middle of a grand melee.
Using pre-prepared scrolls or runestones, that you just need to make a tiny scratch on to finish or “prime” might work better than potions, if only because some joker on the opposing team can’t set them off all at once with a lucky hit. And it would be easier then trying to cast complex spells or perform whole rituals during the course of a fight, but any of these might be highly illegal by league rules.
Or maybe ritual magic “duels” are a separate category of sport, more akin to magical chess than the flashiness of battle magic with innate magical powers. :thinking:

4 Likes

Perhaps the MC could join the tournament as a support roll in a team match. Kinda like the 3v3 matches in the duelist arena.

3 Likes

Probably in the spring tournament, not the winter one, though.