Keeper of the Sun and Moon (Discussion)

I think certain stats decide elemental. Possibly intelligence or cunning. It’s been a while since I played that part and it will be almost a week before I can afford to purchase.

1 Like

Following this!

1 Like

Has anyone actually successfully romanced Sera yet? I’ve tried like three different times and haven’t found it to be possible.

3 Likes

I really love what I’ve played so far. There seems to be quite a lot of branching and work put into the stats and I appreciate all of it!

Besides that though, I wanna be a smart kid™ so I was wondering if anyone knows what elemental variability refers to lol? It’s a question Petrova asks after the break and frankly I have no idea.

3 Likes

Yes I did, but she also like Yakov has another relationship stats called their emotional stats, and how much they’re willing to let themselves open up to you.
If it’s high she won’t break up with you and the dialogue and actions with her changes like holding your hand, hugging or kissing you and showing how much she cares and stuff.
If it’s not as high she won’t break up, but she’ll be closed off and and won’t show how she’s feeling most of the time. And if it’s low she’ll just break up with you.

@ghostsnwitches it’s the first choice.

9 Likes

Life hack when it’s time for the finals: Take screenshots of all the information from the lectures, save them in a folder/gallery, look at them when it’s time to answer the quiz. Basically a cheat/answer sheet

That’s how I got the high marks achievement, congratulations, you’re now a member of the smart kids club™

18 Likes

Oh thanks, I didn’t know we couldn’t post them here. Will do.

Any1 know how to kill Manticore/Hydra??

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to buy the celestial blade

It’s a joke item even if you modded in 50k it won’t give it to you

Much better to get the wish candle it’s +5% Kindness and +20% Sanity, or +5 in any practical skill you want.

6 Likes

You mean like personally before the suite mates arrive or as a magician/human? The manticore has a health of 100. Taking it down to 0 will kill it before the suite mates arrives I’m pretty sure and taking it between 40 to 70 is decent while you’re probably doing bad if it’s health is above 70. This is for the manticore, using elemental blast even regardless of skill will always damage it -60 for fire, -40 for ice, -20 for electricity. Using Telekinesis does -30 damage if you’re equal to or greater than 5 telekinesis and -15 if you’re less. Running will deal -40 if you’re fighting is more than 9, -20 if you’re between 5 and 9 and -10 if you’re less than 9. Starbursts do No. of straburst times 3 and anti-magic bullets do Bullets times 4. I’m reading code from the current game so I can’t remember how much of either you can get but iirc the WIP correctly starbursts will always do the most damage.

You can usually do enough damage for the suite mates to kill it so long as you’re a magi/supernatural or if you have good fighting/starbursts if you’re not.

I haven’t checked for the Hydra but I assume it’s the same except elements are inverted so -60 for electricity and -20 for fire

5 Likes

So, if you are a magician you can’t have control magic?

you’ll always have the option to use control magic regardless of species. MC is a keeper and their specialty is control magic

6 Likes

What’s the plans for Magician and Human routes in the next game? I just played a magician Seraphina route and it felt kind of underwhelming. I mean not the story I just felt like I barely contributed to the fights when compared to the Nephilim route I’m doing right now.

2 Likes

@Infel
Cressida and Cyrus are both romanceable! There’s a guide for how to romance them on the first post of this thread.

@Disciple
It is not possible to become a wraith, apologies. Gisela is not romanceable, although Cressida (who is an RO) is pretty similar in personality.

@Dragons_Sweets @EditorAvila @Sleepyowl @Koda222 @Eiwynn @justme @Chopper
Thank you very much!

@Ninja1
Thank you! There’s only meant to be one nonstandard ending that ends the game before Chapter 13 (in Chapter 5 if playing as a non human)—do you have a screenshot of this??

8 Likes

@Jinx_the_Atomic_Cat
Thank you!! I’ll fix it in the round of edits I send to HG.

@ABcd1
You didn’t come off as rude at all!

Ways to raise Katia's relationship stat

Chapter 3: Talk to her at the party; choose love, hope, or loyalty when Gisela asks for a motivation; choose a positive option when asked about your experiences thus far; say the duelist tournament sounds like fun.
Chapter 4: Talk to her during lunch; be positive when asked about classes unless you didn’t pay attention in Ebner’s class; choose a positive response when discussing your species.
Chapter 5: Talk to her, ask Thalia if she’s torturing Katia.

@Homicidalbookitty @Jordan_Felts

Ways to raise Cyrus' relationship stat

Chapter 1: Answer for yourself in the hospital; separate from Astrid; say Cressida can point you in the right direction.
Chapter 2: Introduce yourself when he asks who you are.
Chapter 3: Talk to him at the party; say it felt normal when asked about your experiences thus far; ask about the summer solstice; when Leon asks say that both of them seemed unfriendly.
Chapter 4: Talk to him during lunch.
Chapter 5: Talk to him; ask why he’s there.

@Shawnheatherly
Apologies, this is a decision made by Hosted Games, not me.

@Fay
Please let me know where it is or post a screenshot! I’ll be sure to fix it for the batch of edits I send to HG.

@Hoonie523433
Thank you! I don’t know if anyone’s planning on making a walkthrough, but I’m happy to respond to any questions you might have.

@DontJudge
Fire, ice, lightning, light, and/or darkness.

@TheMercerVirus
MC can learn to resist compulsion and use it themselves. The willpower stat is also used for psychic abilities, like illusion manipulation for kitsunes.

@Luketheclone0
Intelligence is useful for most of the classes, both main subplots, and in fight scenes allows for creative responses e.g. poisoning the ground drake during the exam in Chapter 8 or distracting Reyna in Chapter 12.

18 Likes

@Captain_Communism
There’s a guide for how to start her romance in the top post—hope that helps! @No_This_Is_Patrick is right that there’s a hidden emotion stat that could cause a break up in Chapter 11.

@ghostsnwitches
Thank you very much!! Elemental variability refers to “Variations in elemental manipulation technique based on the individual element.”

@Cerberus
It’s not possible to buy the celestial blade—it was just a joke scene I put in for code readers :sweat_smile:

@Lian
All MCs can use control magic.

@WA2000
The magician route is heavily ritual magic and intelligence focused for fight scenes. It’s not for everyone, which is why there are a lot of different species to try out!
The human route gives the option to become a hunter, which in my opinion is one of the most interesting paths in the game.

14 Likes

Will there be a sequel book ?

pretty sure it’s a trilogy

1 Like

Will it also fix the bug with trying to use ritual magic in the chapter 12 reyna scene that I pointed out on the old beta thread?

I wonder if Hosted Games would be amenable to putting games up on Steam if the author was willing to pay Steam’s $100 fee themselves. As @hustlertwo suggested a while back on another thread?
It wouldn’t be for every author for sure, but for those who feel they are missing a chunk of their audience and believe they will either easily recoup that additional bit of money and/or are willing to see it as an investment I wonder if this would be worth discussing with Hosted Games directly?

Since Leon can afford it if he’s in that scene my mc wants to (sarcastically) ask Leon if he already has one?

Also I think I raised it in the beta but following the Dragon Massacre subplot makes it so that the mc cannot buy anything at the fair, which is still a bit odd as the mc and Sera meet the others there.

This also has the effect of making the mc’s money mostly useless since the only other opportunity to spend any, except for the also optional gifts to our new friends and ro is an optional $80 movie ticket in chapter 9. Now $ 907 is not a fortune, but with online shopping my mc could at least upgrade his wardrobe with a real, nice leather jacket for about $500 if he manages to hit the right (online) sale. But mechanics and game balance wise it is probably best to allow all mc’s a shot at the funfair’s bazaar.

Unless you’re a Nephilim or a Draikana, who can get an extra scene with him by choosing him as their tutor in chapter 6, Cy still seems barely doable though, particularly since you really need to say your magic felt “natural” or “normal” which is one of the things that, imho, made sense in the old opening, where the mc’s powers spontaneously manifested, but not in the new one where they have to be dragged out kicking and screaming by the school, so to speak. :disappointed:

6 Likes