Keeper of the Day and Night (Discussion)

Few minutes into the new game and things are already getting confusing with the names:

Dominic’s already there when you and the rest of your suite mates show up, smiling tentatively. “Hey, Dominic and Dominic’s suite mates. I’m Dominic.”

The best part is nobody addresses that lol
But I’m loving it!

3 Likes

Any keeper X Keeper romance?
Mc x Marcela
Mc x Dominic(Yea ngl he kinda hot even if he’s on the opposing side)

1 Like

selectable if you have kind <= 40 or lawful <=40
#“I want to work for Frostbite,” I say truthfully.

1 Like

You can flirt with both of them in Book 2. I’m pretty sure the author has already stated that they won’t get full RO subplots in Book 3, though it’s still unclear to me whether or not we can actually date them, even if they don’t have a full subplot.

3 Likes

Can somebody please explain to me how Roxana is the Nymph of TRUTH??

3 Likes

Giselas ending though :eyes: yes more of that please​:heart_eyes:

1 Like

For kitsune mc in Sera’s route, to cuddle with her in our fox form or distract her from her studies that way, it would be fun to see her reaction.

2 Likes

Okay, so I have a question. Julian’s eyes are blue, regardless of MC’s eye color, right? But does that mean every PoC MC with Julian as their parent is mixed, then? I know blue eyes can occur in PoC, but that’s quite rare and happens when there’s caucasian ancestry or other causes. It’s pretty frustrating to have Julian!MC’s ethnicity/heritage already decided for them. Or is this another case of whacky magi genetics?

My assumption is that there’s some weird magic stuff at play there. None of the other parents’ eye colors get mentioned nearly as much, so I’m assuming there’s something weird going on with Julian, and the eye color is kind of an indicator of that. I mean it makes sense, considering how the MC is the same species as Julian (unless they’re human). If MC is anything other than Nephilim/Cambion, they wouldn’t be able to use control magic; the only reason they can is because they’re a keeper. So I’m assuming that Julian is using some crazy control magic enhancing stuff or something along those lines, since if MC was, say an elemental, it’d mean that Julian is one too, and elementals aren’t supposed to be able to use control magic. Plus it’s mentioned several times in game how good Julian is at control magic, even if he’s not a Nephilim/Cambion. Unless it was explained why non Cambion/Nephilim Julian could use control magic and I just missed it.

That’s just a theory though, it could be totally off base.

Also, I don’t think MC’s ethnicity would be decided for them. Like you said, it’s definitely possible for PoC to have blue eyes, even if it isn’t common. Julian could just be one of those people.

5 Likes

As far as I know, control magic makes the victim’s eyes glassy? Don’t know how it affects the user, though. His eyes are mentioned a lot, so I also assume it must be because of some plot relevant magic thing. But as an south-east asian girl I know that most of us, if not all of us, without european or other Caucasian ancestry, have brown or dark eyes. It is possible, like you and I said, if there is caucasian ancestry or a disorder like waardenbuurg syndrome. So if Julian is a MoC with blue eyes, it’s most likely he has mixed heritage. MC’s ethnicity is already fixed, in a way. But because Julian’s eyes are unnaturally mentioned sometimes, like an ominous warning, I assume there is a magic-related thing to why he has blue eyes specifically. Maybe he did some genetic engineering on himself. I do suspect that the author gave Julian blue eyes without thinking about how a PoC player/MC would feel. But most protagonists in fiction (not specifically IFs) are unconsciously coded as white, so this isn’t really something that bothers me deeply but just kind of a pet peeve? Maybe book 3 will reveal something.

4 Likes

Thanks i finally have a hint ive been split between on who’s the r8el enemy lol

1 Like

Probably not, since the healing major will probably give that boost

yes, definitely

kind <= 40 or lawful <=40 to honestly join, cunning >= 30 to lie

her route in book two shows that Brant helped her escape, the exact mechanics will be explained in more detail in book three

Yep, they’re not naturally blue! Dru will explain what happened in book three but the gist of it is that Julian’s powers weren’t developing fast enough as a kid, his dad took him to Anetha, Anetha gifted him with (enhanced) control magic in exchange for his eyes and the family’s loyalty. His new eyes reflect his aura and let him use (enhanced) control magic

nope!

9 Likes

Whoaa… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, all of the people in any authority, influence, or who are the more powerful ones are kinda crappy people. I think it was supposed to just be ironic because of that? The writings been pretty good, so I feel like we would have been told if there was a reason why? I just feel like it was supposed funny and ironic. That’s just my conclusion

4 Likes

Hoo boy, then a naturally blue eyed Julian offspring MC is pretty ironic then. (Even more so if they’re a bog standard human).

But it looks like all possible MC’s take more after their mothers than their fathers? (Single dad MC is pretty much Roxana’s splitting image, single mom MC takes more after Isabella than Lysander iirc and I’m pretty sure two parents MC gets most of their features from Alexa judging by how her features change to match MC). Wonder if thats a side effect of them and their moms being involved in the constellation project?

2 Likes

Could we possibly get magician Rachel? MCs high school friends were a surprising favorite part of mine and would love to see her at the college

6 Likes

Do you think of everything in advance? Because that’s is… amazing :star_struck:

3 Likes

An interesting idea!

3 Likes

I’m still a little confused on when seraphina says about her thoughts aren’t her own. Is it because she’s constantly reading thoughts so she doesn’t know what are her own?

1 Like

Anyone else wish Gisela as a RO?

8 Likes