Keeper of the Day and Night (Discussion)

@Rhyme yep that’s the one

2 Likes

Finally got around to finish Book 2 - while also preparing a few additional characters via book 1 and then continued through book 2.

Have to say, I enjoyed it greatly, and basically did nothing else but replay for 2 1/2 days.
Loved the variations in background, species and relationships, as well as the variations of secrets and information we get via different playthroughs. Some, I’ll never see, but that’s perfectly alright.

The romances felt unique and had a great time with but the one that surprised me the most, was the last one I played (only male ones) and that’s Cyrus. My goodness… my kind and emotional MC would wash his hands in blood for Cy…

Ahem, anyway, thanks so much for the work you’ve put in and the world you created, @daydreamsincolor

For the dad background I would love a full on glorious wedding for him and Henrik!

Other than that, just hoping that we’ll not only have doom and gloom endings by the end of it all.

Also do hope that for the parents background, we’ll get a chance to kill Julian. Not maim but kill him and good riddance.

Other than that, something epic, something fun, something fluffy and more interactions with our potential pet.

5 Likes

@daydreamsincolor a short that could be interesting to see would to see Tremblay’s reaction to seeing the MC in class for the first time, especially if the aunt and uncle raise the MC.

4 Likes

I love both books, but the second one a little more 'cause the writing is much much better and also shows how complex the whole Keeper’s world is.

Although I’d like to experiment with every route, I feel like I can’t do that to Altair. I just love him too much!!! He’s so adorable and the fact that he is one of the stronger characters and the MC getting more and more powerful makes me believe they will be like a power couple (literally) in final book. That’s why I’m hoping for some more epic MC+RO vs villains fights.

(((Also relationship descriptions are so cute))). Can’t wait for the final book!

6 Likes

I just came across something odd in Book 2. My MC is a kitsune and my RO is Kol. This is gonna be a spoiler-y post, so…

The scene in question is when MC visits this new restaurant in town that everyone’s talking about, only to stabbed in the hand by a re-animated Reyna.

In the last book, MC had viciously murdered Reyna and feels AWFUL for it. Especially since it was EXTREMELY out of character for her (oops). Now at this point, Kol is still in a coma in the hospital (and has been given an experimental potion in hopes to cure him).

Anyway, MC asks if we can talk about this (especially since we are in PUBLIC and my involvement on the actual murder of Reyna was covered up. She rips the knife out of my hand to stab me again, but I dodge and cast an illusion to confuse her.

Here is the following page’s text:

You create an illusion Kiki just a foot in front of yourself, and at the last second, you duck out of the way. Reyna crashes into the wall.
Then a new illusion Kiki appears. Reyna rises, looking significantly worse for wear.
“Is this what you wanted, Kiki? To play with gods and monsters?” Reyna hisses.
You hear the wail of police sirens outside.
“Playtime’s over.”
Reyna breaks out of Kol’s grip and sinks into the shadows, becoming one with them. Her parting words send ice through your veins.
“Until next time, keeper.”

The part about Kol there was confusing, and certainly isn’t mentioned again afterwards since it dives into the next chapter.

So I’m sure it was a bug to throw that in there, but now I’m really curious how RO might be alive and actually there during this scene in another route. 0.0

Edit: I am having the hardest time getting the spoiler thing to work. :grimacing:

Edit 2: Aha! Got it, whew.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m fairly certain that’s a bug/oversight. Other people in the thread have encountered it as well. It’s not supposed to be there though, as far as I can tell.

People have encountered it playing as various different races (hunter and drakaina as well from what I remember), so I’m assuming it applies to all Kol routes.

1 Like

Oh! I guess I missed those other mentions, sorry. Is it a bug in all routes, or very specific ones, you think?

I gotcha, thanks!

1 Like

What are the sanity checks in this game so far?

@KimiMoonsicle From what I can tell, what race you play as doesn’t matter, just the fact that Kol is still in a coma at that point seems to be what is triggering that bug.

1 Like

There are two; at the end of the first game if you kill her, having low sanity means that you go a little nuts; at the end of the second game, there is an allusion of your RO, having low sanity means you can’t fight the illusion and go nuts again; the intervention is scripted

1 Like

The intervention scene doesn’t have any sanity check. It will always happen whether you have low sanity or not and the scene will playout the same (except some flavor text changes if you have below 50 or above 50 and if you killed Reyna in the first book.

Is there an indicator that shows your Sanity level?

It’s a hidden stat. You need the code on hand while you play in order to see which choices affects the sanity level and compute it yourself.

Oh, that sounds neat. I’m curious how one might do that on android. :eyes:

Ah, I see I was a little off there, sorry. Thank you @Sujan_Dhakal and @resuri08 for correcting that!

1 Like

Here’s how I did mine since I owned the Android version. :joy:

1 Like

What is the stat requirement to join frostbite at the end?

@daydreamsincolor how exactly did Serephina survive the massacre?

From what I remember Brant essentially bargained for her life and gave her a few more minutes to live, giving her enough time to get out of there.

4 Likes