Katawa-shoujo, a great dating sim

Be-careful.
One wrong choice can completely ruin the route.
Happened to me once.
I almost cried.
And I almost never cry in games or movies.
It takes heavy stuff to put me on the edge of tears.

I know how you feel, for some reason I tend to get very emotional when it comes to games or movies etc.

It is, erm, weird I guess?

nO AT ALL @P0RT3R… iF IT Does feels on Adolf Hitler-sama. Who are we to resist?

Reading this thread inspired me to dust off my copy of Katawa Shoujo. Next thing I know, it’s four in the morning, I’ve reached Hanako’s good end and I’m sobbing my heart out. Again.

What the hell Katawa Shoujo? How can you make me cry every single time I play you?

2 Likes

I get it man. Evan after playing and getting all the good endings I’m playing again.
Now I gotta go play a second round of hide and seek.

I finished rin’s ending and ya’know
I got feels.
Not overwhelming happiness.
Not sorrow.
Maybe some contentment
It left me…pondering…

I’m still waiting for my mom to walk in on me while playing it :stuck_out_tongue:

I recommend asking her for a box of tissues just in case of intense feels.
They should have put a warning on the game about the intensity of the feels.

1 Like

Tissues for “intense feels” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry, I just had to

5 Likes

I remember seeing this while browsing the internet and was about to write it off until I noticed that one of the girls had half her face burned off. Grabbed my attention pretty easily.
So, after reading a few reviews, I decided to play it and I felt like the world was going to end. A dating sim game that was good, tasteful, and mature about it’s subject matter was something I had completely given up on.
By far I liked Hanako’s story the best (which kinda fits considering it was her that made me notice the game at all). It was often hard to tell the difference between a depressing scene and a heartwarming one with her, and the evolution of everyone involved was very well done and believable. I almost cried; I once went through two funerals in the span of a few months without coming as close to crying as I did here. Well done, Four Leaf Studios. Well done.

2 Likes

Is there anything else out there like Katawa Shoujo?

I’ve recently completed my first route - with Emi. I’ve got to say I did get quite emotionally involved in the story, it didn’t feel like your generic visual dating sims - the characters felt like real people, the subject matter was mature and dealt with quite well - it was quite a fascinating experience overall.

Now that I completed Emi’s route, the next one I’m considering is Hanako’s - though the game was so good I can’t help but feel the sensation of guilt as I move on from one heroine with whom I felt emotionally bonded to and then replace her with someone else.

I don’t think of it as replacing them.
Its just an alternate reality.
with all realities being equal to one another.
all wonderful in their own right.

3 Likes

Oh my… This is probably one of the best things I’ve ever read, and I’m not even finished with the first playtrough…

For some reason i do have the urge to turn on mature content… But then again, it would probably already be quite hard to explain what I’m doing to my parents with the mature content turned off :blush:

just got a really awkward anal sex scene,not really sure what to make of it,kinda wish i had an option to not go through with it

1 Like

Don’t worry, it was meant to be awkward. Just keep going, it gets better.

I laughed my ass off at that scene my second playthrough.

1 Like

Yea it was almost as ridiculous as the kenji rooftop scene.
There was one way to die in the game and I had to find it.

1 Like

As I said earlier, I love his route: [quote=“Lotus, post:24, topic:10904, full:true”]
Kenji is so amazing. Honestly, his dialogue is killer. Oh, and his route? To die for. Honestly I’d rather fall off a building than play through the other routes again, they are a bloody mess compared to his.
[/quote]

1 Like

I actually really hate Kenji. He was charmingly weird at first but it was just impossible to talk to him and
I ended up turning on “skip unseen dialog” just to get through his segments, cause I knew nothing he said would ever in any way contribute to what was going on. It’s like when you’re going through an amusement park and your little brother wants to go on the merry-go-round instead of all the cooler rides, but he’s your little brother so you go along with it and watch him, then you move on thinking “thank God that’s over” then suddenly he wants to go again the very next time you pass by it. And the time after that, and the time after that; you’re just putting your entire life on hold to humor this little brat. Him killing me when I just wanted to get the completion rating just cemented my distaste for him.

1 Like

Yeah, Kenji’s dialogue is humorous, but it gets really annoying after going through an army of his antics over and over again.

Someone suggested I should just pick whatever sounded right to me, and see who I ended up with. I thought it was going really well, then bam, Kenji.

I got the scene with kenji while I was searching for rin’s route

But kenji does get his one moment.
His moment of intense feels.
-sheds a single manly tear-