Ironheart - Discussion Thread

MoMo

I know (I was with the Pope first read, by loyalty to Guillaume, because I didnā€™t want to side) but I want to see how long I can be ā€œin peaceā€ now.
And we can save Guillaumeā€™son before having to choose a side.

You kind of side with the Papacy by default, as you noted. But if you go Knight Errant, you donā€™t really have to do anything for the Papacy.

Hi wiwyums I heard that maybe you will make a sequel I thought I might give you a idea you are the descendent of the mc in ironheart by blood or adoption and you are traveling with Marco Poloā€™s caravan to kublai khanā€™s court if you what some inspiration you could watch Marco Polo Netflix series for some ideas hope this gives you some inspiration for a sequel.

3 Likes

Thanks! A sequel isnā€™t immediately on the cards but if I ever do get the opportunity to write one then I think it will need to be something along the lines you suggest, set in a slightly different time and place. I could certainly do more with the Mongolsā€¦

One or two of you might like to know that the latest update is now in place, with a bunch of minor changes, many of which were informed by feedback in this thread. No large sections of new content, Iā€™m afraid, but a number of tweaks and small additions, including:

• An opportunity to steer Nadiaā€™s upbringing and schooling.
  • The chance to keep ā€œromancingā€ Tonzo if you give up your land and go adventuring alone with him.
  • A response from Ygraine to Louisā€™ death if you kill him.
  • Minor additional romantic content for Isabella, Ygraine and John.
13 Likes

If itā€™s not difficult, I would like to see what happened to Nadia and Raymond in the epilogue if you are awarded Damascus. Their fate only appear if you go back to Tebinine in the epilogue.

2 Likes

Ah, good catch - Iā€™ve only now realised that the Damascus ending doesnā€™t include that whereas I think every other does. Iā€™ll put that in the next update. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this for the update that came out on March 20th?

Yes, it is. Like I said, there are no big sections of new content - I donā€™t want anyone to dive back in with that expectation and be disappointed - but lots of tweaks to the romances following feedback and requests.

7 Likes

Speaking of Raymond, how do you bring him home alive? Iā€™ve tried rescuing him but the sadistic emir sticks metal slivers into poor Raymond and he dies on the way home. Doctor skill? Attacking emirā€™s fort outright?

I always just challenge the guy to a 1v1 to get Raymond back.

You need 35 Doctor to save him.

1 Like

Thanks. Saved him on a new play-through.

1 Like

Is there any way to save the dying knight at the beginning? If so, could you bring him back at the end?

You can save him if you are a technician or a doctor.

1 Like

If you mean Guillaume, then sorry, there isnā€™t. I did think hard about leaving a way to keep him alive but it would have made the story branch uncontrollably since his death is the trigger for your knighthood etc. You can, however, save his son Raymond, which had been his purpose in coming on crusade.

Heā€™s a mentor to you. You know how thatā€™s got to turn out.

4 Likes

I honestly thought killing off one of the crew I the beginning was a waste, she seemed endearing.

Hey there, Iā€™ve loved this game and have played it over a dozen times now, so I wanted to give some minor feedback.

That was one of my main criticisms as well, as I have also been wanting to see this. I think that you also donā€™t see it if you are awarded some of the other cities to rule, such as Tyre.

Also, at the tournament, I enjoyed that add on between the first two rounds that allows you to meet up with your partner and have a moment with them, but there is an exception for Isabella. Will that be changed in a future update?

Also, and I think this might have been mentioned by a previous poster, but in the next update can we have some more dialogue options when starting to court Isabella? Compared to the other romance options, hers feels a bit abrupt, and I feel as if it doesnā€™t give the chance to know her well as a person.

4 Likes