Interest Check Thread

Maybe you can even set it in the TNO verse? Given how cool the devs are with the various submods wouldn’t surprise me if they let fans do a choice game as well.

Want to give mc’s a real dilemma, have the “kinder, gentler” more “liberal” dengist version of Nazism of Speer prevail while having Kirkpatrick in the US which makes the main two blocks competing for France be a lighter shade of black and dark grey.

Honestly I was thinking of that at first, but I’ve decided against it for a few reasons

1. My story isn’t going to fully follow the lore nor the story of TNO. It has some pretty major differences, like the leader and political situation of France and Europe as a whole. I also don’t wanna really give all the lore of this world and leave the outside world up to the imagination, at least at first. I think there are enough differences that it should be it’s own thing.

2. On a practical side, while i think the TNO devs would be fine with a Fangame, I’m pretty sure anything actually published by HG has to be sold for profit, because it’s a company. And I don’t wanna run into that kinda thing, especially because TNO itself is of course free (well you have to buy Hoi4 but still)

so, uh? i usually just lurk the forms but this idea has been cooking in my head for a while, so i decided to make an account to check if anyone would be interested, if i committed to writing it ; it’s just a basic idea for now, i will get the nitty gritty stuff figured out later if i commit to it.

Welcome to H.E.L.L. (Heaven’s Eradication of Lethal Lowborns) takes place in a world where magic exists, and where angels, demons, and other non-human beings have integrated into human society, and humans with theirs. H.E.L.L., the company founded by Archangel Michael to keep lowborns - AKA demons - in check, has been cracking down hard against them as of late, following a string of murders seemingly connected to a demonic cult consisting lowborns and humans. As revenge, Lucifer Moringstar herself sent you, a lowborn demon, to destroy H.E.L.L… from the inside!

You’ll play as a demon with a semi-set personality (which can change over the course of the story) aiming to take H.E.L.L. down, with the guidance of Demonic Overlord and Lucifer’s overworked son, Leviathan.

Setting

New York, because all the best things take place in New York. I see it taking place around 2022-2023 in a world similar to ours, just with magic, angels, demons and stuff.

Potential RO List
  • Leviathan: he/him. Demonic Overlord and the son of Lucifer. He represents the sin of Envy, but he doesn’t seem too envious. Instead, he seems tired and overworked, but he’s been tasked by his parent Lucifer to watch over your progress and guide you through your quest via a mental-link.
  • Yahvi/Yahdu Gupta: either he/him or she/her. A cold-hearted demon hunter who… obviously hates demons. Their family was killed by demons, and recently someone close to them was taken by the demonic cult.
  • Raguel: she/her. A fallen angel, of sorts… she willingly chose to leave Heaven with her best friend Gabriel. Now they both work as detectives of sorts in the R.A.G. Agency (literally just Raguel and Gabriel Agency) they founded together. She’s the brains of the operations, and they’ve been hired by an outsider to investigate the recent string of murders… even if it means getting close to H.E.L.L.
  • Gabriel: he/they. There’s no secret that before they left Heaven, they had a falling out with their sibling Michael- what it was is a secret, but you’ve got a feeling it’s connected to everything happening now. He’s the brawn of the agency, and leaves the talking to Raguel- any talking he does, he does with his fists.
Other Important Characters
  • Michael: they/them. The Big Bad and the Giant Asshole themself. Michael is God’s Right Hand Man, the most powerful Archangel there is. They’re charming and got a killer shark-tooth smile, and humans love them thanks to their work at H.E.L.L… If you believe Lucifer, they’re just a big phony who dug themself a pit deeper than literal hell itself, and will do anything to get themselves out.
  • Lucifer Morningstar: she/they. The biggest politician there is, truly. Pantsuits, personal assistants, evil schemes, the whole nine yards. It’s no surprise she’s trying to take out Michael- not only would it stop her subject’s torment, it’d give her a big boost against Satan in approval ratings. They’d have to reelect her!
Quick Notes
  • in this, Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel are depicted as siblings
  • i’ve already decided that if i commit there’ll be no poly options- i just don’t see any of the ROs getting along together, romantically
  • satan and lucifer are running against each other for president of hell. yeah??
  • lucifer was inspired by brandon rogers’ character bryce tankthrust… take from that what you will

it’ll be some time before anything comes out of this if i commit, i’m a highschool student and am starting a job soon, but this has just been bouncing around my head a lot and i just wanted some feedback!

19 Likes

I just have a quick questions, wanting to check with the thread on two things to see what people think. (I hope it’s okay to ask here since these questions pertain to something not yet with a demo ready for release, though the project is related to my WIP.)

Should a romantic option be considered as such if you only get to romance them up until the end of that game? Would you prefer to not have a romantic option at all if the main character is guaranteed to outlive them throughout the series? (AKA no mortal romance options)?

• I think RO’s can and should include mortals, even if the fate of the relationship is bleak.
  • I would be interested in mortal ROs, though am concerned about the dynamics for their relationship.
  • I would rather have a focus on my character romancing other immortals.
  • I’m not really interested in the idea of romance for an immortal character.

0 voters

1 Like

Can anyone help me here
?
I uploaded my game on dashingdon dot com.But the *create_array command is not working it is giving me that alert:nonexistent command create_array.
What could be the problem

A Kiss from Death actually tackled that Immortal and mortal romance quite good. It’s bittersweet. The part where one of the romance grew old and forgotten that your mc was their lover got me cried. My most favorite part was the one where you romanced a siren/mermaid(?). Been a while since I’ve read that.

3 Likes

You can open a new thread for that. But to answer you, the command *create_array is new and probably not supported by dashingdon yet.

1 Like

So you are saying the is no way to get my game for WIP ,meaning there is no way of testing it as long as I have those arrays in my startup?

You can compile it to html and upload it as html, but then you miss the dashingdon built-in save system :disappointed:

But I suggest you reach out in the DashingDon thread and ask there if there’s another way.

1 Like

@Eiwynn mentioned Moody.ink and I have apready uploaded my game.Thanks Eiwynn.

1 Like

“When this exact moment comes to revisit all of you once again. When you all remember all your mistakes and consequences. That is when his pennant is finally accepted and his misdeeds forgiven. Only then the two of you may rejoin once again”.

“Earn his freedom with your patience and perseverance, just as he earnt yours with his.”

Story
A story about two people trying to find their place and rebuild the world after disaster, they will find Fate and try to defy it and ultimately pay the price.

Characters
Aland
A man trying to make his place in a broken world and try to rebuild it. His path will be intertwined with Eyni as he tried to make peace with himself and open himself to Eyni during the journey.

Eyni
A woman trying to make his place in a broken world and try to rebuild it. Her path will be intertwined with Alan as she tried to make peace with herself and open herself to Aland during the journey.

Prince Heinel
A good-natured prince live in the shadow of tyrannical King, wants to make things better.

King Rockbar
A religious yet very tyrannical King. Will never suffer a slight without retribution and merciless almost all the time.

Vide
An angel-like creature overseeing development in human world, always curious, neutral.

Settings

• Mostly a broken world due excessive wars between lords, resulting in famine, population decline,
  • Low Fantasy :
    Angelic-like creatures and some trials - Sacrifice something to get something with price attached and pay it. MC will be released after other earn his freedom.
    Medieval politics will be more dominant here, or so I hope.
    Evil/Demon in forms of whispers, controlled by some defeated/imprisoned ancient beings related to cosmic dragon. Some of them may have free wills, strong enough to resist commands.
    No zombies and vampires, got bored.
    Dragons? perhaps, cosmic dragon. Neutral good, neutral bad, hungry one
    Mounts? Horses
    Weapons? Swords, bows, lances, axes, polearms, crossbows, siege weapons, prototype guns (maybe)
    Magics? only angelic-like creature and demon have it, and those who sign the pact. Cosmic dragon as well
    Big event: King slaughter 6000 people (rivals family, and his own relatives for laughing at him due to the leaked secrets that the queen commits adultery, coupling 8 times in the royal bed with one of the royal guards). Some die by the swords, while other are thrown into royal menageries to feed his exotic beasts (tiger, croc and bear)

Any suggestions to expand it?

13 Likes

What do you mean expand? I’m also not too sure what the plot is supposed to be. You say that a character has to earn their freedom, I think, but that’s about all I get out of it. Where do the demons come to play in all of this? Or the dragons? What is a cosmic dragon?

I think I need a wee bit more context!

2 Likes

Hiya everyone!

This one isn’t really an interest check per say, as I’m planning on completing this one even if the total number of people who like it is 0, but I just wanted to garner interest, and see what people’s thoughts were. This originally started as a very early entry to Mara’s haloween game jam, and considering that we haven’t even gotten the prompt yet, it is probably still too early. So, I just decided to make it a standalone game. And just as a disclaimer, this game would be on the short side, probably around 100,000 words or so.

Last Call:

It’s the last train of the night, departing from the tube station below St. Pauls cathedral. You boarded this train eager to get home. Unbeknownst to yourself, in 1900, when the underground tunnels were first being dug, the workers accidentally stumbled upon an ancient Roman tomb, which was said to be the final resting place of a cursed soldier, “Bellator Inmortalis”. It was quickly covered up and hidden just beyond the walls that make up the station today. Unfortunately for you and the rest of the passengers on the train, a certain passenger, boarding the train alongside you, has a certain power that awakened the ancient curse.

The train is quickly possessed and is taken into the afterlife version of the city of London. Now travelling along the Mori Line, there are four stations to pass through until the next “mortal station,” which will allow you to return to the mortal realm safely. But a certain cursed soldier and his 3 conductors, who have taken over the train, will try their darndest to ensure you join them in undeath.

Explanation beyond the synopsis.

Okay, so this is going to be a horror/survival game, which I think CoG/HG needs more of. As explained in the synopsis, there are four stations the train will pass through. Beginning at St. Paul’s, the next station on the tube line is Bank, correct? In the mortal realm, yes. But the train is no longer travelling along the central line.

• Station 1: Tartarus Park

The largest park present in London’s underworld, this is where the more docile spirits and ghosts go to chill. Largely regarded as the safest place for mortals.

• Station 2: Fleeting Sreet.

A high density shopping district and home of the London branch of the Grim Reaper Incorporated (GRC). This area is home to “higher class” members of the undead, and they will look down on other, less fortunate undead, not just mortals.

• Station 3: Mori Square.

A residential district, with many pubs. If you thought humans were affected badly by alchohol, then you clearly haven’t met a drunk ghost. This station is also an interchange, allowing change overs to direct trains to the underworlds of other world cities, meaning that this area is high populated with the undead and considered extremely unsafe for mortals.

• Station 3: Bank

The final stop on the Mori line and location of London’s portal connecting the Mortal world and the Underworld. But will the conductors allow you to pass safely?

• Mechanics:

To encourage replayability, each station will have a random event assigned to it, which will be different each playthrough. You will be tasked with surving until Bank station and returning to the Mortal world. The lives of the other passengers must be considered as well, as each of them, including you, can die at any point. Will you focus on your own survival or attempt to save everyone?

Characters
Passengers
  • Tyler Campbell

A 22-year old Businessman who works in Canary Wharf. On the train, he is a welcome force of optimism, giving various uplifting speeches to try to improve morale and convince everyone that you will all survive. Time will tell if he is correct, though…

• Elena Stockton

She was the first one to scream. A 15 year-old high schooler from Hackney, she is not much help, to be honest. Timid, awkward, and always clueless in intense situations, she is the weakest of the passengers to understate it. But, she enjoys learning about the undead with concerning enthusiasm, despite her terror.

• Denton Mayers

A 29 year-old man from Brixton, where he leads a local gang. Claims to not care if any one of you die, but is often the first one to jump in if a fight is needed. But it’s not like he’s doing it to protect you all. A man’s gotta keep his image, ya know?

• Laylaine Marquinne

She looks young, but her clothes look as if they are from a different century. She is the most frequent target of Two and Three’s harrassment, to reasons unknown to other passengers. She appears distant but is extremely determined to get everyone out alive. She also appears to have… no. It couldn’t be, right? There’s no way she has psychic powers.

Conductors
  • Bellator Inmortalis
    A cursed soldier from Ancient Rome. He was cursed with eternal life after desecrating a holy site during the heat of battle. He is rather content to let you perish in the underworld without his involvement and spends the time travelling between stations telling various tales to the passengers from his time. But the gods will know, he will not let you pass the gates at Bank.

• One, Two, and Three.

The three conductors who work under Bellator Inmortalis. One, drives the train. while Two and Three travel up and down the train offering “assistance” to the passengers.

So, that is my outline. Just as a quick disclaimer, this is a side project to Onryō, and I will be prioritising that WiP, unless people are like, “gimme now”, in which case, I may consider hastening this project.

To reiterate, this will likely be a short game, so I will not be posting the demo until I have at least completed a considerable chunk of the game. Currently, though, it stands at 45,000 words.

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I was just replaying your wip yesterday and it reminded me of how cool trains are. Good luck with your projects! :heart:

1 Like

This isn’t a game pitch, it’s a game plot mechanic interest check.

In my wip game there are three main ‘paths’ the mc can choose to take after Act 1. The main overarching plot stays the same but the story in Act 2 is completely different depending on which route you chose (i.e. a political route vs an adventure route). I am rather set on my plot plan and don’t plan on changing it overly much.

The question is about characters. Depending on which route you take you meet different characters. You can only really increase your relationships with the characters in the route. Which brings us to ROs.

Now personally, I love a good romance in a game. But I’m not particularly enthusiastic about writing romance. I’m going to do it, but my focus is on my plot.

I have 7 planned set ROs. 3 on one route, 3 on another, and 1 on the last route.

There is no way I could have the mc have all of the ROs as an option on one playthrough without jumping through ridiculous hoops and making a relationship completely without depth. Which I refuse to do point blank.

So my question is, how do you feel about route locked ROs? Would they be a complete dealbreaker? Or would you be okay with it?

6 Likes

I think it’s fine so long as it’s clear that the mechanic is a factor. If you only learn a part way through the game that you can’t romance the RO you wanted because you picked the wrong background than readers will likely feel miffed. A simple fix would be having RO names available in each route marked in parenthesis or in the confirmation page.

4 Likes

Fellow forumers hie🙂.
So I have been following and searching about kingdom simulators since I joined this forum.I have also been making posts that can help me in making such a game better.I found less topics that talked about it.Daria @Lucid 's upcoming game is almost like mine,too bad I learned about it yesterday I would have been discouraged to make mine.They are also some like War for The West but they lack other features I did be looking in a Kingdom Sim.

Here is the thing,I started writing my game before I knew it’s possible to get it published (2021).The reason is I didn’t know about the forum.
One might ask what has this to do with what?
I didn’t know if the game I was making could be played by other people so I made it so I could enjoy it replaybly.It is inspired by a board game I created when I was bored and didn’t have a phone to play with which had a dice roll as the engine. thus there is a lot of AI system in the game I hope it does not drag the game.
Name of the game ;Life As A Ruler:Nexus Island.
Possible and some of the features the game has.
As a [yet to be] ruler of one of the so called kingdoms of Nexus Island,you have a heavy burden on your shoulder.You are a krill in the biggest pond on earth…what’s it called again…?Oh yes!!An ocean and it’s filled with sharks,whales, …supposedly krakens,serpents and megalods!Are some of those things real or just myths??Mmmmm…one can only wonder.

So yeah,it’s up to you to paint your kingdom to the image of your liking,with the provided paint of course.

• Play as a King or Queen.
• Take council from various people or do your own thing.
• Decide how your kingdom operates.
• Will you rule with an iron fist,or with the love of a dove or maybe find balance in between if possible?
• What will you matrimonize for, protection,love,tradition or a promise you made.?
• Decide where you will focus on most by your choices.
• Build,destroy,invade,protect,recruit,decide who goes where.
• If your kingdom was a skeleton,then one of the things that makes up it’s spinal code are peasants,so …?
• What will you claim, ports, a pass, territories, towns, mineral veins that are fated throughout the Island once a …,only your choice_commands will tell.
• Cultivate your relations with your subjects,other kingdoms and others.
• Invent,trade make alliances,seal treaties.
• How will you describe your moments,because who will if they aren’t there.
• Aftermath, will you have those little things that crawl around and cry when they feel like it.
• Which pet will you choose given you like the perks that it comes with.Will it be a …,a…,a…,an …,a … or can you have all five?
• Talking about five,there are Big fives in here too,will you know all about them.?
• Will you make unusual deals to gain what you don’t have or know will come to pass?
• What will you develop and with what side effects.?
• What about religion?
• What will fate decide which resources to let your kingdom territories have?
• Oh,will you have time to explore the wonders of Nexus, hunt and discover,will you name something after you.?
• Will you believe Legends and succumb to it’s tales.
• Well there is one thing,you will have to to tell ,you shouldn’t have done or let happen.It is the only thing you will regret.
• You can only learn enough from a front page ,there is a reason you will build a library your honour?

Just don’t forget when roaming around ,do it with an armed escot, especially if you are not peasants’ favourite,you never know who has what where for what and why…

Currently the game has a little more 130000 words majority of it are features in the game.

I have always wanted to do this so.

• For those who would like to see the demo in a week or less.
  • And those who ahmmm… anything other than the first option

0 voters

I’m not a full time writer ,still going to college so I may not be available all time.

8 Likes

Currently starting a basketball game. This is my first full choice script game. I’ve played around with other story lines in the past. Right now the main reason for the post is I want to see the level of interest and ideas for a game. I’ve finished the first chapter at 5,000 words.

Goals…

Create a fully dynamic storyline
Multiple endings
Ambitious level of on-court control
Dynamic character creator
Romance
Exciting off the court storylines
Exciting on the court storylines
Player skills, stats, and traits will have a significant impact on the story
Ability to simulate games and give accurate stats based on character skills, stats, and traits
EDIT
Will be a three act game. The character starts off quite young and I really want to develop the story. Will be a long story and if received well it will have a second installment.

Currently finished

Character creation
Chapter 1
Story direction
Character list
On-court play system

If you have any questions, comments, or advice it would be much appreciated.

If interest level is high I will probably release Demo at chapter 3-5 (maybe)

9 Likes

Currently the prologue is done,I’m left with two phases to drop the DEMO BOMB:boom:

7 Likes
Welcome to A Dragon's Wish, a story in which you, a humble country bumpkin obsessed with dragons, are suddenly thrust into a world of adventure and politics when you are chosen by a wild dragon to be the partner of her unhatched child.

Raise a dragon and stumble through your new station in life as you choose who you will ally and partner yourself with. Will you choose to trust the right people to have your back? And when war with the wild dragons beckons, who will you side with? Will you be the hero of dragons or their doom?

Story Background

Dragons are powerful sentient beings and the pride of the Sorean Kingdom.

If you earn a wild dragon’s favor, you may get gifted with a dragon egg.

A long, long time ago, the leader of the wild dragons, only known as the White King, gave an egg to a chosen human who would go on to become the first King of Sorean with his dragon partner at his side.

Nowadays, the monarchy is long dead and the kingdom is in the control of the five main noble families and the Order of the Hoard.

The kingdom’s dragons are now almost all the product of breeding. There are only eight dragons with partners in the kingdom in total. Six in the Order, two owned by nobles.

That is, until you are gifted a dragon egg by a wild dragon you helped as a child.

Act 1

This is the Act in which you are introduced to the lore and world of Sorean and get your dragon egg.

Act 2

This Act has three different branches, depending on how you choose to support yourself while raising a dragon.

-In one route, you become a member of the Order of the Hoard.

-In another, you depend on the generosity of the main noble families, as you are given a minor noble title just by hatching a dragon.

-In the last route, you decide to depend on no one but yourself.

Act 3

-War has broken out as the nobles try to subjugate and tame wild dragons to amass more power. You must decide who you will side with once and for all.

ROs

Grayson- (Male) The leader of the Order of the Hoard.
-Dragon: Nora (Female)
Friendly and down to earth, yet serious about his responsibilities. He is always kind to you.
30 Years Old
Tall and well built, red hair, green eyes, pale skin and freckles.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN ORDER ROUTE

Ramone- (Male) A member of the Order.
Jovial and helpful, Ramone is always happy to work with his fellow Order members and take care of the dragons.
24 Years Old
Average height and well built, shaved black hair, bright blue eyes, and dark skin.

Ellis- (Female) A member of the Order.
-Dragon: Razz (Male)
Wicked and playful, Ellis is the definition of cool… until you learn her dragon’s full name.
23 Years Old
Average height and slender, long blonde hair, gray eyes, and lightly tanned skin.

Brenna- (Female) Lady of the Florian noble family.
-Dragon: Elya (Female)
Seemingly stoic and unapproachable, Brenna is someone that is the picture perfect Head of a noble family. As you get to know her, though, you learn of her family’s elders pushing her into that image and attempts to control her.
32 Years Old
Average height and well built, brown hair, purple eyes, dark tan skin.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN NOBLE ROUTE

Rhys- (Male) Lord of the Valence noble family.
-Dragon: Fennick (Male)
Claimed the Lordship from his elder brother by secretly hatching his dragon. Ambitious and driven, Rhys could be a good guy… if only he would be less vicious.
26 Years Old
Average height and slender, black hair, gold eyes, pale skin.

Fern- (Female) Heiress of the Astier noble fanily.
Timid and shy, Fern always looks like she has something she wants to tell you but just can’t get it out. Pressured by her father all the time to be the perfect heiress, she struggles. Especially since her father has so little regard for her he offers her hand in marriage to you immediately for a dragon in the Astier family.
20 Years Old
Short and slim, long gray hair, light green eyes, pale skin.

Cyrus- (Male) A thief.
Cyrus is mysterious… Or he’s just kind of a jerk? At least when you first get to know him he’s seemingly cutthroat and apathetic. But as you get closer to the loner thief you learn of his past and real personality.
27 Years Old
Average and slim, silver hair, blue eyes, pale skin.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN ROGUE ROUTE

There is much, much more lore and details but I figured this was good enough for a summary of my wip. This will be a LONG project as it’s practically three long books in one.

And I know, I know more low fantasy but I shamelessly love it and DRAGONS. I have been working on this on and off for about two years now and am now finally sitting down and really working on it.

A BIG part of this game is your relationship with your dragon and your relationship with other people. It’s meant to be played multiple times as there’s secrets in each divergent route.

I would wholeheartedly welcome any commentary or questions about A Dragon’s Wish!
(Also, how long should a work be before you make a public wip?)

22 Likes