Interest Check Thread

They all sound interesting, though why the third one wouldn’t have romances is beyond me. Political and family intrigue stories a highly fertile ground for them after all and your other two ideas prove you’d not be averse to writing romances.

1 Like

It’s more that the story, as planned now, starts around age six, and ends at age twelve. I might change it from twelve to eighteen in which case yeah romance but for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that change would be for the better as when you mentioned “heir” I immediately thought older teenager or young adult, not kid.

I don’t see what the benefit of the part of the six year old would be but I guess that’ll just have to wait for the possible demo.
In any case ballet in space still remains my favourite of your concepts and I like number two the least.

2 Likes

True! Guess i might have part of it at age six, then skips to 16, and then most of the game goes from there
Edit: it’s more to set the scene for how things start- you meet your great aunt at six, and that changes how she feels about you, things she allows you to do, how people react to you at first, etc

1 Like

For those of you that haven’t seen my post about my WIP here’s a link: Projekt Liquid Fusion W.I.P Minor update added 2018/11/20 I’m on the look out for more testers I could use all the help I can get.

1 Like

Oh, I voted for the aunt game before I saw the age in later posts. I would definitely want at least half the game as an adult. I don’t think I’ve ever been interested in playing a game with a child as a protagonist. Though, I would definitely be into this if you get to grow up and endure the consequences of decisions you made much earlier in life. That would be awesome.

All 3 sound like a great deal of life-planning. Other than the sci-fi aspect of the first game, is there a reason you couldn’t combine the family/career pressure into one story?

If the aunt game needs to be mostly as a child/teen, then I’d switch my vote to space ballet. It’s an interesting hook for a Life Sim.

1 Like

You sold me on the premise of “post ragnarok”
Yes. Take my money!

1 Like

Man, Ballet in Space was such a great premise without much votes. I wish it gets made since I love your twist on the whole retired ballet performer thing.

2 Likes

I guess the people have spoken lol- I’ll do prologue at 6, and then most will take place when you’re at least 16, if not older. And yeah, the point of starting at six is that people react to you differently- paths open, paths close, great auntie has different reasons for you possibly being her heir and thus changes what she does.

3 Likes

I know there’s pretty much 0% chance of it happening, but I’d play it even especially if the whole game takes place at 6. :laughing:

Anyway, good luck with your project! All your ideas seem interesting. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Norse Mythology game, yes yes yes yes and yes please

1 Like

In a potential IF of mine, the MC raises a family of dragon hatchlings to adult hood - and mostly have experiences/adventures with them beyond adulthood.

My question is, how many chapters would you like to spend on raising them before moving into the plot of the story?

• 1 chapter
  • 2 chapters
  • 3 chapters
  • 4 chapters
  • 5+ chapters

0 voters

1 Like

Would we be able to fight if so could we learn magic

2 Likes

In certain parts, yes. You’ll be able to fight. I would say there’s probably less than a handful of instances where you’ll actually be fighting and one of those times it’s less a fight and more of a “tactical retreat”, if you will.

Also, yes. There is magic, but everyone has it, so it’s pretty redundant thanks to its commonality.

If you’re looking for a combat driven or intensive IF, then this isn’t for you. I would honestly compare the IF to the gameplay experiences between The Boy and Trico from The Last Guardian or raising a pet from babyhood to adulthood.

There is a conflict, but you’re not involved in it and you won’t have a significant effect on it in any particular way. Eventually, the plot will “officially” come into play when someone who has the potential to affect the plot crashes into your life, giving you the opportunity to act as their Mentor, so to speak.

Honestly, I would classify the conflict of the story as something primarily as a “Man vs. Nature” story with a dash of a “Man v. Society” conflict at the edges.

The idea of this story came into being from rewatching How to Train Your Dragon, reading Runt of the Litter for the first time and being disappointed with the lack of gryphon raising, and noticing that a lot of the stories on HG and CG are mostly concerned with younger protagonists and wanting to create a story that involved an older protagonist (29+).

2 Likes

Hi there! This is my first ChoiceScript game! :blush::blush::blush:
The working title: From Chaos (Name of the game can be changed. :thinking:)
My game will be about superhero society and superhero teams! :space_invader::space_invader::space_invader:
Small Part of Plot ( I’m still working on the story line): the game is about superheroes, their superheroes life, and daily life, about their relationship with each other and with people without superpowers, society.
Here I am trying to write a game.
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

9 Likes

Hi! Does anyone know any overpowered mc in wip? This kind of story is quite a trend in anime right now. Even in closed thread?

3 Likes

Hi guys! After ghosting around the forum for a while now, I’ve decided to pitch this idea of mine. It is pretty bare boned, but this is what this thread is for, no?

Let’s march onward!

The story will be set in the medieval like world of Slavic mythology, where the gods are on the brick of extinction, people are losing faith and pretty monsters are lurking in the dark.

You are one of the people, cursed with the power of the winter. You can imagine that being one of the White Deaths hasn’t exactly made you the beacon of hope or the icon of popularity among your people.

Worse yet, some of your magic has been sealed, making it impossible to witch away the inquisition.

In short: meet gods, fight kudlaks and get back your power (maybe fall in love along the way?).

13 Likes

Seems cool! Any game based on Slavic mythology is a win for me, but what do you mean by “the gods are on the brink of extinction”?

Is there a godly war going on or is the fact that people are losing faith that makes them die out?

3 Likes

Yes to both! Gods are fighting among themselves for believers, because more believers equals more power for them. People, in turn, are tired of the war and are consequently losing faith in their gods.

I’m a somewhat novice, when it comes to the Slavic mythology, but I will do my best to do it justice.

2 Likes

So, guys anyone interested in an Alt history IF

4 Likes