Interest Check Thread

This is an idea for anyone that can actually write one of these things, but yall know the Maleficent movie that Angelina Jolie is in. Well do what you want with it i just what Maleficent as a RO and war

6 Likes

I’ve posted many times here, none of them happened and I lost interest. But this one, Chapter 1 is like 20% done. I feel confident I’ll at least release the Chapter 1 on WIP section. In fact, I think I’ll release it on Hosted Games (assuming CoG accepts it) even if literally no one shows interest. Without further ado, let’s see if it’s interesting or not.

Name: Fantasy of a Hero (Spoilers: Hero is not you)

Genre: Utopia, Dystopia (I know those two contradicts each other, please bear with me), Sci-Fi.

Summary: Humanity were able to create the ultimate AI, Chairman. He led humanity to an utopia where every single issue of humanity were fixed and found ways to terraform planets for human life. It sounds and feels like a dream, until an event changes your life. Hopkins (surname), your character, is the pretty much chosen one. They excel on everything they do and join the Alpha Team, best of the best that Chairman Law Forces can offer. They go to missions that everyone else thinks it’s certain doom and succeed.

It feels… too good to be true actually. What will happen when your chosen one learns the truth? Will they change the course of the future, or decide current order of things is fine? Who knows, maybe they will do something stupid or anger the wrong person and get a bad ending instead.

• I think it’s pretty much standart here and should go without saying, but you can choose gender and sexuality of MC
  • A secret (unless you do some reverse engineering) stats system where you don’t know which ending you’ll get.
  • A book that will try to interact with the person who’s playing it.
  • A “chosen one” who can fail actually. I am a man of extremes, so both success and failure will have extreme consequences.
  • Romance too, I guess. I never dated before so it’s probably going to suck or have unrealistic elements.
  • A book that mixes reliable and unreliable narration so you’re never sure what’s right.
  • A Chapter 2 that changes depends on your class, yes, I plan to write 3 different chapters for 3 different class you can get.

Currently 2 romance is coded, which at this point used for determining sexuality of MC but will have their usage and endings at the end. Their personality is not decided as of now.

Amy: Your school crush if you like women, imagine the most beatiful woman ever for you. It’s her. She will be a governor of some sorts.

Chris: Same as Amy but for people who like men. He will be an actor.

A non-binary option: Their name could spoiler stuff so not saying it, they will be available near the end of book and if you romance them it’ll override the ending you’ll get.

Your roommate: They will be available only if you prefer same or both sex relationships, it is a “secret” relationship as place you stay forbids romance of all kind. They… have their own reasons.

I think adding more options, but as of now it’s four. Let’s talk about classes!

Commando

This brute employs a direct approach. They can blow stuff up, use heavy weaponry to annihilate everything in their path, even use a tank! Or, they will just use their fists. In any case, they’re your person if you want a fight.

Saboteur

Even though they’re seen as support to Commandos, they’re actually have their own purpose. They might not use a tank, or kill a target in front of thousands of people without being seen, but they can collapse entire organizations. Be it hacking a private database, or simply rigging a bomb to enemy’s armoury. If you need a group and organization to go away without bloodshed, they’re your person.

Assassin

Sometimes brute force will not be enough. Sometimes you need to cure the disease from source instead of fighting it’s symptons. Assassins are specialized in infiltirations and… well killing. Some organizations are too dependent on their leader and/or high ranked memebers, Assassins will silently eliminate them like a master surgeon.

Sorry for taking your time, really.

19 Likes

G-Man, don’t ever apologize for your story or ideas! It sounds like a really fun concept.

Writers do this all the time. Rough drafts and drafts that never see the light of day allow you to practice writing and maybe some ChoiceScript… important skills to have! Write for yourself! If you think it’s a fun story, more than likely, someone else will as well. (Like me.)

I personally love stories that deal with AI and our future. (Will AI make humanity’s future bleak? Will artificial intelligence remind humanity that they are human (compared to being Gods)? Will AI outlive and outsmart its creators? Many possibilities and the list goes on and on.) I love that even in this concept, you have brought in some nods to this. So, there is an interest from at least one person.

2 Likes

I think your yelling courtroom game sounds like a lot of fun!

Hosted Games has published puzzle games before - in fact, most of their early games were puzzle games, and some of them still hold up pretty well.

5 Likes

https://dashingdon.com/play/will2/ansible-station-24/mygame/

8 Likes

Honestly, if most other people started a WIP with this premise, it wouldn’t excite me too much, but your execution so far is fantastic. The three languages contrast each other in really interesting ways, and I liked the challenge of picking through the options and trying to influence everyone the way I wanted. Looking forward to more of this!

2 Likes

It’s time for another progress update for my WIP Presidential Sim, The People’s House!

In my last update, about eight days ago, I brought up my hopes to deliver a functioning demo by around this time. Unfortunately, it will take another few days to release a demo.

This first chapter has proved to be very coding-heavy as I wanted to provide the player with as many choices as possible to shape their Presidential Administrations including their spouse, Vice President, Cabinet, and even their relationship with big business. I’m also working on code to allow you to choose actual policies to implement in terms of legislation and Executive Orders! All with their own impact on your approval rating, your relationship with each party, and with consequences later down the road.

While I’m very excited about the progress so far, as a first-time Choicescript author, I’m running into a lot of bugs as I begin to test out the code I’ve written so far. Still, I’ve been hammering out a lot of these bugs (thank God for the Choicescript forums!) and am getting closer to being able to release the first Chapter (roughly 15,000 - 20,000 words) as a demo!

This is proving to be an incredibly exciting and fulfilling experience, and I hope that my short posts will help to prove to anyone else looking to author a book with Choicescript that anyone can do it!

Thank you all for your support and kind messages,
R. F.

16 Likes

I am looking forward.

1 Like

can I get some help to produce simple world building, plots, and features?

like most of you here, I too have brainstormed myself to find magnificent stories, but as time goes by I feel that it’s too complicated for first timer, too heavy for the non-experienced.

that’s why I ask for guides for a simple story yet fun to play, I just want to make sure it is released and I got experiences about production process from scratch to release.

thank you

My advice as an experienced writer is to start with writing stories on a smaller and intimate scale first. Basically, instead of writing a massive epic about a world under attack by an eldritch entity, focus on a story about how a group of friends encountered malevolent forces in a cabin in the woods instead.

I haven’t started on my own Hosted Game yet. Well, not yet, but that’s a general advice. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

I have the idea to write the story of an MMA fighter’s career from start to finish.

In the non-combat part of the content, there will be a story according to the selected background. (An Olympic medalist will not be the same with the story of a poor immigrant living in the gym.) As the story progresses, there will be many different events. Love, friendships, enmities, “business” part of the fight, family life, personal demons, media, fans will be the general topics of these events.

As characters, coaches, nutritionists, managers, promotion officials, mafia, government officials, fans, ring side girls, teams, best friend, childhood/college crush, family members, childhood friends, media etc. can appear in the story . Note: Not all of your characters will appear in a single playthrough.

For people who do not want the fighting part in detail, there will be an option at the beginning of the story and the results of matches will be determined completely according to the selected coach, background and your choices in outside of the cage.

For those who want the fighting system in detail, it will have the following features:

1. The Fighter will have certain skills. (For example: Boxing ,wrestling etc.)

2. There will be a fighting style system. (For example: Striker, grappler etc.)

3. There will be a difficulty system and it will start with certain attribute points according to the chosen difficulty. These will be distributed according to the selected style and background.

4. There will be special moves (Traits) that the fighter will use. ( For example: Triangle choke, left uppercut etc.)

5. There will be guards and stances. (It will affect the fate of some fights)

6. Coaches, teams, nutritionists and social life will be effective in gaining trait points in general.

7. The superstar light will have an impact on your career.

8. I want to add a steroid/PED abuse but I’m not sure. I can write in a rosy universe where professional athletes don’t use them.

9. It will be career lifetime statistics.(For example: It will drop if you knockout)

I can add more but I’m not sure.

If there is interest, I will start writing after the 20th of June.

PS: My native language is not English, sorry if I made a mistake.

20 Likes

After an extensive dry spell, I’ve finally started to write again! I’m really excited about this current project. I haven’t written enough to justify making a new thread yet, but I wanted to put what I have out and see if anyone is interested in it.

In this story, you take on the role of a detective with the power to sift through memories in a strange, vaguely noir world. This link contains roughly the first half of the prologue, and introduces certain aspects of the world. Please, let me know if this interests you!

https://dashingdon.com/play/charredscribe/the-moon-shone-green/mygame/

15 Likes

I really love how your writing is simultaneously vivid yet digestible. I find that’s incredibly difficult to do. Though, there is one metaphor I don’t think I understood. What did you mean by “Her touch is quicksand”?

Her touch is quicksand: way less of a problem than you think it is.

Her touch is quicksand: she only gets you if you’re not paying attention.

Her touch is quicksand: featured in bad movies.

7 Likes

Formerly a care free lesser spirit exploring the realms you one day heard a distant call echoing through the planes. It asked for assistance and in return would give companionship, protection, and most importantly a physical body. You had heard calls like it before and always ignored them, but this one felt different, like it was meant only for you.

Following the call through countless realms of existence you finally found the source, a young witch, new to their powers and in search of a familiar. You had a warm feeling in the presence of this young, by their species reckoning, witch and proceeded to negotiate the terms of your partnership. What surprised you most was that they gave you the choice of which form your physical body would take.

Most familiar’s took the form their partner wished them to take but here you were, a not so special spirit being given the choice. They presented you with several bodies collected from the area and said you could take your time choosing, they even helped you weigh the pro’s and con’s of each choice. Eventually you chose and the two of you became an official familiar.

Now after a century together, going through thick and thin, adventuring through realms few can imagine, you wake one morning to find your witch gone. The home the two of you had shared so long empty of nearly all their items save a mysterious letter left with your name on it, but not in their handwriting. Now it’s up to you to find your missing friend and discover why they have vanished without you.

Along the way gather power, friends, and possibly a little romance as you search for signs of your best friend.

Features

*Take on the role of a witch’s familiar and choose your physical form. Each form has unique abilities as well as challenges for you to manage. Choose the body of a Bird, Cat, or Spider. Then pick which family it belongs to. Are you a Crow, or a Sparrow? Tabby, or Persian? Black Widow, or Tarantula?

*As you grow in power learn to take an almost human-like form. But beware that while it may fool others from a distance, up close it is obvious that you are not what you appear to be. Whether it is the feathers growing in your hair, the tail playfully trying to avoid view, or the second set of arms you keep hidden in your cloak, others will know you are not like them.

*Become friends with a veritable menagerie of adventurers. A bubbly necromancer, solemn knight, lighthearted scribe, or a grumpy bard are all willing to help you, provided you assist them with their own quests. Others may be waiting off the beaten path to tag along should you be adventurous enough to find them.

*Adventure through a world where magic is an everyday part of life and is openly practiced, provided you are the right sort, which you are most definitely not. Witches are considered outlaws because they do not practice within the strict rules set forth by the law and as a witches familiar you are considered little more than a demon to be squashed. Can you avoid such a fate?

*Travel through the realms on your quest to find your lost witch and find many side quests to undertake as you go. Some will reward you with greater power, some with gold, and some you may simply undertake for no other reason than to help those in need, or take advantage of them.

*Play as a Female, Male, or Non-Binary.

*Fully customize your spirit form, physical familiar body, and even your human body once you acquire one.

*Customize your witch partner, choosing their gender, physical attributes and race. They could be Human, Elf, Fae, or something else entirely.

ROs

The Necromancer

Tanila

Female

Appearance: At 6’1”, Tanila exemplifies the image of an elf with a lean, delicate looking frame, and preternatural grace. She has raven black hair with streaks of white stripped through it which she keeps in a waist length braid, deep almond coloured eyes, and a perpetual smirk. Besides the odd hair half of her left ear is missing, the end shredded in some previous encounter. This gives her a slightly unbalanced look as her right ear is still intact, all five inches of it bouncing happily as she walks.

Description: An outcast from her village, Tanila has spent the last fifty years adventuring and seeing the world. Occasionally she teams up with others, but most leave her when they learn she is a necromancer. By no means is she evil and she treats her necromancy as a tool no different then a knight would treat his sword. Her necromancy is the reason for her oddly coloured hair, damaged ear, and banishment. When she was a young elf of only fifty five years her village was attacked and her mother killed. In her grief Tanila sought out everything she could find on the art of raising the dead and tried to bring her mother back. But her teacher tricked her and she raised a wraith in her mothers form, which promptly attempted to drink her life force. After she destroyed the abomination and killed her teacher she vowed to never try to raise the dead again and now uses the other aspects of necromancy to fight the wicked in the world.

The Knight

August/June Bard

Male/Female

Appearance: June is 5’6” with shoulder length auburn hair, striking blue eyes, and a scar running from the top of her eyebrow to just below her eye. With an athletic figure honed by years of being a knight June has been known to turn heads, but many lose interest when they see her scar and as such she keeps her hair covering the right side of her face. June tends to be quiet and reserved due to the way she has been treated by others due to her scar.

August is 5’9” and keeps his hair auburn cut short in a faux hawk. A scar runs from just below his eye to his chin. He has a muscular figure and combined with his scar and rugged looks attracts lots of attention. This makes him arrogant and off putting.

Description: August/June is the heir to a family with a long history of serving the kingdom as knights. Because of this they are held to a higher standard than others and this can get in the way of how they want to live. August is arrogant and utterly sure of himself with no humility and frequently drives others away with his attitude. June is quiet and reserved, doing her best to avoid others and hiding in the shadows whenever possible. Whether male or female this knight will need to learn to either temper his attitude, or learn she is stronger then she believes.

The Scribe

Hanna Lore

Female

Appearance: Hanna is only 5’1” with extremely curly red hair that reaches her mid back. She has expressive gray eyes and delicate features. The young scribe has a cuddly frame that she is rather proud of considering the rest of her family are scrawny as rails.

Description: The only member of her family to be literate, Hanna taught herself how to read as a child after finding a picture book abandoned in an alley and wanting to learn what the short sentences next to the pictures said. It quickly became apparent she is something of a prodigy when it comes to language in its written or spoken form and she is now capable of speaking and reading five languages fluently. This has led to some separation from her family who are traditionally hunters and tanners who view such pursuits as unbecoming of someone not of the nobility. Combined with the physical differences she is the black sheep of her family and despite the love she has for them she tends to avoid them and moved out on her own well she was still very young.

The Bard

Swan

Female

Appearance: This grumpy half-orcess is 6’3” with a strong, yet lithe build. If not for her faded green skin and angular ears she could easily pass for human. Her green eyes are hard to read as they seem to always be glaring at everyone and thing around her.

Description: Ancient by orc standards, and merely old by human, Swan is technically a bard. However these days she spends most of her time drinking and getting into fights. Thanks to her slightly sorcerous blood she looks half her age, and that is where much of her attitude comes from. She has already outlived both her parents, all her siblings, and many of her nieces and nephews. She does not know if one of her ancestors is the cause for her long life, or if there was something else she encountered in her youth that may have caused the magic which prolongs her youth and life, but she gave up trying to find out years ago. Now she has resigned herself to working as a bouncer for a dump of a tavern and drinking her days away.

This idea came to me last week well I was working on a scene for my other IF and I haven’t managed to shake it from my head. So I though, “Hey, why not run it by and see if anyone likes the idea”. In the past I have found bouncing between two projects helps me come up with ideas for the other, not to mention helps with the ADHD and “Oh shiny” of getting distracted as the “shiny” is frequently the other story lol :laughing:

So this is just a quick little blerb on the idea. Though I took the time to knock out that title card…so I think it’s happening regardless :expressionless:

29 Likes

Can you take a form of a dragon

1 Like

I had toyed with the idea of giving the option for a pseudo-dragon, but I wanted to give the more traditional options a chance. Not saying that’s a no, but if it happens I will not add it till the future.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! Have a question: The ROs’ genders are unbalanced, is that how it’ll be or are there more that’ll be introduced later on?

3 Likes

There will be two additional ROs introduced later one, one I have no intention of revealing as it is a secret. As for the imbalance, I have difficulty writing when it involves men, there’s a story there I am not getting into but it’s something I am working on. One of the ROs being added will be like the knight and the option for their gender will be up to the reader/player.

Edit: I may alter the Bard to be player selectable as well, not sure yet.

4 Likes

i love this

2 Likes