Interest Check Thread

There’s also Extreme Ball part 1, the highschool years. May still not be in the normal range though as the mc is always a talented highschool athlete who is gonna make it to the pro’s. But no magic, although the highschool and social life parts still need quite a bit of fleshing out to put more meat on the bones there.

It does however seem to be one of the few ones without magic where the mc themselves seems to come from average to somewhat below average economic circumstances, in contrast to many of their fellow athletes who seem to hail from the wealthier strata.

6 Likes

I’ve got time to burn and I love COGs so I’ve decided to try my hand at writing one. :upside_down_face:

Enigma: The Pied Piper

Description

You’re an investigative officer of the Royal Criminal Investigations Bureau. A muddled past with deep scars won’t hold you back from hunting down the monsters in human form. This is your life, your journey began twelve years ago. Friends, family and Love will keep you grounded and sane, but only if you let them.

Solve the trail of breadcrumbs or read the bigger picture.

Assassinations, murders, innocent blood. Your life unravels like an onion with multiple layers, pieces of a large puzzle pull you in.

Warnings: Murder, death, gory details and lots to be added.

This story is more of a romance/ mystery

1. You can play as Male, female or Non-binary.
  2. 2 gender set and four gender flip able ROs.
    Lots of other stuff I can’t remember right now.
ROs
  1. Leon/Leonora Atkins (M/F)
    You have an old twisted history.
    They’re a living legend who lost their way into the shadows. Before a dark horror took away their most precious possession, their eyes once bright and full of life hold grief which makes your heart squeeze when you look at them. They hide their agony and pain behind a very very flirtatious and downright scandalous attitude.

2. Agent Patrick/Patricia Flynn (M/F)
    Think Harry Potter and Malfoy. That’s how much you hate each other. Ex Special forces, they’re more than capable of knocking you dead. Then why do you spy a hint of…something delicate and soft when they’re not glaring at you? Why are they decent to everyone else but you?

3. Elias Walker (M)
    He’s the silent stone cold man you see haunting the cemetery and the Piano store next to your apartment. The man never talks much but his eyes hold so many secrets. So does the scar trailing down his face. You have a connection with him, maybe he’s looking for a friend or maybe he’s the someone people wait all their lives for.

4. Dr Vedayi Talvar (F)
    An old friend who’s first instinct is compassion hidden under a cover of sarcasm. Sharp, intelligent and one of the most successful psychiatrists and criminal profiler to grace the bureau, she’s the one who decodes the evil codes running in the brains of all killers. You’re the one person she can’t read. You’re a puzzle and Dr Talvar hates unsolved mysteries. Maybe she’ll be the one to crack you in more ways than one.

5. Elliot Nguyen (M/F/NB)
    Your best friend since eighth grade, you have a secret handshake and it’s borderline creepy how you communicate without words. They’re beautiful and look like they walked out of an otome novel. Do they see you as just a friend or is there more between you? Why do they avoid looking you in the eye when you try to flirt with them? When did they become this gorgeous?

6. Killian/Kiara Winters (M/F/NB)
    Shy, awkward, introverted and cute. Graduated from the premiere Information Technology institute in the country at the age of 18. They might harbor more respect for your physical assets than your work.

34 Likes

Definitely piqued my interest!

I’m curious as to whether the character’s history is set or if the player will be able to choose their past?

1 Like

Nope, set in stone and it’s not pretty

2 Likes

Oh my god, this seems so interesting! I’m definitely going to check it out when it releases!

3 Likes

So… I watched the Kick-Ass movies for the first time a few days ago (yes, I am aware that those movies have been around for a good while now) and it got me thinking…

Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a game like that in here?

Now don’t get me wrong, there are AMAZING games about heroes and villains in CoG, but… What about one where there are heroes and villains, but no powers or crazy stuff like that? Just plain ol’ John and Jane Doe donning a mask and fighting crime, doing their best to… I don’t know, make the city safer? Get some kind of revenge?

I was thinking about a more… Grounded(?) and realistic take on a vigilante story, instead of the really cool and sometimes over-the-top kind of stories you can find (although I do get that that’s kind of the point in those games, obviously)

What do you guys think? I’m not trying to start anything and I’m not saying someone should write something like that (I couldn’t, I’m not that good at writing anyway), I’m just sharing some thoughts.

What are your thoughts about something like that?

28 Likes

Something like Monte Cristo? Why not?

4 Likes

I immediately thought of Defendor

5 Likes

Like the Hero daredevil?
If yes then I’m all in

5 Likes

Something like that… Although without the mental health part (Or maybe with it too, I’m not oposed to some of that, it would make the MC a more deep character)

1 Like

Could be, though I’m not so sure about the ninja-like abilities… Unless you could choose a background like that, or some kind of training for your character

1 Like

You’ve read my mind Jack. In some ways the limitations makes it more interesting, and I NEVER say no to a game where I can punch dudes

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the demo. As a vigilant could we choose how much injuries we cause to the villains?

1 Like

It’s in the earliest stages of brainstorming, but I have an idea for a modern royalty story set within a fictional European kingdom. As first in line to the throne, you will play as the MC who has to deal with all of the trials and tribulations that come with their position, ranging from the societal pressure of marriage, scrutinization from the media, fluctuating relationships with your family members, and reputation-altering events such as state dinners and charity galas.

While this game will not be genderlocked, I do like the idea of sexuality locking the ROs to provide a more LGBTQ+ friendly universe. For instance, a male RO specifically for a male MC, a female RO specifically for a female MC, a non binary option for any gender etc. If all goes well, that means there will be about five unique ROs to choose from, with each providing their own side scenes/character arcs to the story.

As I continue to develop this idea, I will update things (Perhaps on a tumblr). But in the meantime, I’d love to know if anyone would be interested in something like this in the first place! I’ve watched way too many royalty documentaries and episodes of The Crown to not be excited about it even now :sweat_smile:

33 Likes

Is there a demo link

This thread is only to gauge interest, when there’s demo available those get their own threads.

5 Likes

I am thinking about writing a book about a Apocalipse Zombie from the point of view of a Brazilian during carnival.
You woke up on that day feeling very excited, it was the first carnival after two years of a pandemic, your siblings were even more bubbly than normal, you knew that day would be one to remember, you just didn’t knew that it would be a bad memory. You still can remember the screams of terror you heard and your friend’s crying face when they were bitten, unfortunately you couldn’t help them, no one could, so you just got out of there with your siblings, which was no easy task with the amount of zombies there, there had to be at least 2 hundred of them.
But you managed to get out of there and get back home, now, six months later, you are still adjusting to your new life, which has been no easy task, the zombies are everywhere, and they don’t die, not even when you shot their head you know there must be a way to kill them, but you didn’t found how yet.

I know it doesn’t seem very exciting, but I want to know if it would be worth it to actually write a book with this premise. Sorry for the grammatical mistakes, English is my second language.

18 Likes

Well, it sounded exciting when you describe that you cannot kill them with a shot to the head, so that could add to the tension escaping the hours at the same time that beyond the Brazilian coast you must be an inhospitable country for there to be infected lurking in the jungle or in the swamps of the country if one of the criminal gangs in that area does not shoot you first to steal your supplies

5 Likes

As a Brazilian I guarantee you that we are not as bad as you described, it’s definitely not a inhospitable country at all, and criminal gangs usually just exist in the big cities.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, I thought it was like in Mexico where crime operates in the lands forgotten by God and they do criminal businesses such as illegal logging or the cultivation of poppies. But I should not have generalized something that I did not know completely but expressed it from what I heard

6 Likes