Interest Check Thread

Hahaha, yeah, blood on his clothes and the mc will keep scream “Braiiins!” :joy:

2 Likes

Can I save the world with a small side of revenge? Just a bit?

1 Like

Well, yeah, you will meet the four heroes who betrayed you, either you who came to them or they came to you, but you will meet them regardless you want to save the world or not. And you can choose to kill them or even forgive them. Well, the story is not just about revenge but also redemption, your redemption or even their redemption.

3 Likes

If you do end up putting a Hiisi into your story you might have to do quite a bit of improvising :sweat_smile:

They are rather versatile when it comes to creatures, as an example they are most commonly described as small humanoid creatures but on occasion they appear as the size of troll or even giants. Originally the word Hiisi was used to refer to a sacred site. In addition to this the word is both the name of the race of creatures as well as the name of their king and occasionally the name of their home.

When christians arrived in Finland they quickly became more demon-like as creatures, they could invisibly attach themselves to people to manifest as illnesses or bad fortune. In addition since they weren’t baptised they couldn’t set foot on blessed or sacred land.

So as part of a story they can be a gift or a curse. They can be practically anything, but it’s easy to step outside the lines and make something completely unresemblant to the original creature.

2 Likes

So like “Vegeta” in Dragon Ball? In all seriousness that is good to know! Thank you! I will make sure I do thorough research if I do end up using them in my game :heart:

2 Likes

Sort of yeah. Mainly the name of the home of the Hiisi is called Hiitola. It’s ruler is called Hiisi and his wife the Hiisis matron (Best translation I have though not completely accurate, and boy finnish words don’t work well with english grammar, in finnish; Hiiden emäntä) I’m getting a headache thinking finnish into english context.

2 Likes

I know I’d be tempted to make them hiss in elevators. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Dear lord I hate that this actually made me laugh. Thank the gods it’s too esoteric for other people to judge me.

1 Like

WITCHES OF FERNGROVE (WIP | INTEREST CHECK)

Warnings: Witches of Ferngrove is aimed at 16+ audiences, and will contain graphic depictions of violence and gore, strong language, and potential mature content (We are undecided on this aspect).

Summary: This is going to be an urban fantasy interactive fiction game targeted primarily at adults and focused on romance . This means there won’t be an option to not romance anyone, I know this might be disappointing but it’s the game we want to make. It will be ran on ChoiceScript and the demo will be published here on our Tumblr when the first chapter is completed. It will be published through Dashingdon.

The game focuses on you , the eldest of a family of witches from the small, idyllic town of Ferngrove where nothing ever happens. Your family are witches in a town of humans, and as a result you grew up sheltered and unaware of the magical world, besides the little your parents deemed safe enough for you to know. Other than weak charms and potions of luck, you don’t really know anything about the supernatural world. You left Ferngrove when you graduated from high school and never looked back, becoming a successful journalist at the Echo Gazette in a big city like you always dreamed. Depending on your choices, you have Skyped with your family and they might have taken trips out to see you in the city, but you have not stepped foot back in your hometown.

That is, until you get a call that changes your life forever. Your mother is dead . Aleia Craft. The woman you thought invincible. You must travel home for the funeral and contend with a darker conspiracy. As you begin to unravel the mystery of your mother’s death and the secrets she left behind, you begin to realise she is a woman you didn’t know at all. Soon, you see that there are things at play here bigger than you could have ever imagined. Dark forces conspire against you. It will be up to you whether you can withstand the storm brewing on the horizon. Make allies and enemies, fall in love, hone your magic, and discover your legacy . Be careful who you trust, even those closest to you are not what they seem.

• Customizable MC - choose your gender (nb-inclusive), sexuality, name, appearance, skills, and personality.
  • Character-driven, romance-focused story.
  • Choose how you feel about magic and the supernatural world that had been hidden from you by your family. Choose whether you accept or reject your magical legacy.
  • Allow your unique experience to shape your skills.
  • Choose your magical specialty.
  • Investigate your mother’s murder with a cast of interesting, and not-so-trustworthy characters.
  • Discover family secrets and navigate your family dynamics.
  • Gain allies and enemies.
  • Fall in love with 1 of 4 gender-selectable love interests.

LOVE INTERESTS (gender selectable)

CORA/COLTON CALLOWAY

Your childhood best friend that disappeared and cut contact with you seven years ago, right when you were both meant to move to the big city and chase your dreams together. Now, you’re back in your hometown for your mother’s funeral after swearing never to return. There is a reckoning coming, you can feel it in the air. But when it arrives can you forgive them after everything that happened?

“I can’t abandon them. I’m all they have left.”

REN ASHIKAGA

The reclusive stranger that runs an Airbnb out of their mansion on the edge of Ferngrove. An Airbnb that you just so happen to rent out when you finally return home for the funeral. A mansion is the last thing you expect after your tumultuous journey, but Ren provides a welcome distraction. They are aloof, mysterious, and frustratingly, unnaturally attractive. But be wary of pretty faces that hide dark secrets.

“You do not choose when darkness takes hold of you. You won’t even realise it’s happened until someday, far in the future, someone holds up a light and you come face to face with the horror you have become.”

WYATT/WILLOW KING

A witch you meet when you return to Ferngrove, who claims to want to help you find your mother’s killer. Kind, enigmatic, and more secretive than they let on. W’s coven sent them to investigate what happened and help the witch community in Ferngrove. Will you let them train you in the art of the arcane and teach you what your mother tried to forbid? Or will you keep them at arm’s length?

“Compassion costs nothing and so many people still refuse to use it.”

JULES ADDARIO

The private investigator that arrives just in time to help you with the case after you have been struggling with the bumbling human police. Jules is dark, haughty, and a little more than crazy. They’re hiding something and you know it. The question is can you trust them long enough to help you find your mother’s killer and uncover the secrets your family kept buried? After all, some coffins are better left unearthed.

“I am utterly unlovable. And because I am unlovable I am selfish enough to want you to love me anyway.”

YOU CAN FIND OUR DEV TUMBLR HERE

50 Likes

HOLY SHIT! Well this is a cut above the standard interest check. That being said I would gladly play this game at least three times. Though I’m not usually a fan of gender-selectable ros’ with this level of dedication to a simple interest check I have faith you can pull it off. I think the premise of a life sheltered from the supernatural despite your knowledge of it is very interesting. But as a fan of fantasy games I have to ask exactly what kind of magic do the witches in this story posses? Is it completely limited to charms or potions or are we capable of proper spells as well?

1 Like

Do we have to have magic and use magic?

2 Likes

I think this at least hints that you can - at least to a degree - reject magic. I’m guessing that also means most situations can also be solved without magic.

1 Like

I mean, you’ve got a blog and very clearly are emotionally invested in the story and world, and for some reason refer to yourself in the third person plural, so I reckon you’ve already decided whether you’re going through with this. Just do it! Don’t ask random strangers whether we like it or not! You’re passionate about the project, so just get started on it already.

9 Likes

Hate to play the grammar nazi, but the third person plural is them. We is the first person plural.

Other than that I fully agree with you

1 Like

please suggest me a good name for my first choice script game.

Story line

so basically in my game player will play role of king’s second kid ,and in story, player has one elder brother who is the right heir to the throne. in one accident the elder son of king is not return to his home , after waiting for long time, king decides to announce player (second son of king) as right heir the throne, after many years the elder son is not returned his home, and king is now getting old that’s why king’s council convince the king to declare player as new king.

after some time player becomes the new king of the its kingdom, while no information is heard about elder son of king.

in starting of game player will play as royal kid , after this accident will happen and then after half of the game he will became new king, and he will live his life as king.

so in this game player will live as royal kid and king of the kingdom too.
and there will be many other small plots and events in the story.

and yes this entire story will happen be in in medieval indian subcontinent , which will be fictional locations.

so please suggest appropriate name for this story/game.
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

What historical epoch of india is your story based on? Is it in the classical era or Golden age of India?

2 Likes

i think my game is based on golden age but time line is nearly 17th to 18th century.
but in game time line will not mention to players.

3 Likes

Is it still in the days of the Mughal empire or are we in the time of decline before British colonialism?

1 Like

i think the story goes in time when the britishers still not come in india and some small hindu kings ruling their kingdom peacefully.

and this is fictional story so this will not meet any true accident happened in that time.

but for reference of time , we might think that the story runs in time, where hindu kings are ruling their provenance peacefully.

3 Likes

Oooh, sounds interesting! I would love to see how you implement medieval indian culture into your game. :smiley:

If the missing brother plays a large role in the story, maybe you can name it “The Replacement King”? If your game focuses on more internal affairs, perhaps ''Within Gilded Walls"? Or a more general option would be “Long Live the King”.

Hope these help! <3

1 Like