Interest Check Thread

that seems like a fun and twisted story that i’d def want to read! :joy:

2 Likes

sounds very intriguing! everything related to magic is my favorite topic! people are always attracted to the unknown and something beyond human understanding. This is why this theme has always aroused very ambiguous feelings in me! I like it, I hope there will be a full sequel!

4 Likes

Ooo your WiP sounds interesting! I hope to see it one day :))

Also, I haven’t heard of 7kpp, but I’ll be sure to check it out.
I also don’t like limiting the player, but you can only do so much in games sometimes. I really like games where you can replay it again and have a completely new experience.

That’s similar to something I had planned in the original idea, especially with the two possible adoptive parents, the Witch and the Guard(or Tincan as the Witch lovingly calls him), the MC could have. Ahh I just want to gush about the two, because they have history that’s extremely messy and juicy. That history causes their desire to adopt and raise the baby MC.
And they would have both called the other out on it on both routes. Both vilifying the other. The Witch has more choice words to say about Tincan.

Cuz she’s just that kind of person lol.

But being able to raise the MC would help mellow and humble them a fair bit, while the other wallows in the past.

O H ? That’s a really cool thing, something I know some people would do lol.

I had thrown a similar idea around, especially on the Fire route and the kindgom’s seedy politics. While on the Witch route, that character wouldn’t care as the Witch!MC isn’t someone they consider to have power in the kingdom. In fact, they would be a big asshole.

I have a lot to say and talk about the characters, the people, the different races, and the world itself and how magic functions in the world. But I literally tried to but I swear it took me hours to write it here and try to summarise my ideas but in the end, I just deleted it those blurbs cuz I’ve spent way too long on writing them and have tried to cut them down and there’s a lot of details missing that I wanted to put lol. So I’ll just stick to quote/replying lol.

Yeah the RO’s I had planned(I even wanted to add ‘secret ROs’ but there’s already a lot of ROs planned so uhhh probably best not to do that at least rn), tho the majority were bi, there are some ROs I planned that you could only date for in specific circumstances and depending on the choices you make.

RO Examples being:
  • Goggles was one of them if you were able to befriend them in the Fire Route(Which I intended to only be done if joined the Rebels as a spy/double spy; I was and am still on the fence whether the player could romance them in the Witch Route considering they’d be technically your adoptive sibling and I’m not sure if people would be too inclined with that part)
  • Prince Lucias(the new water heir replacement) would have been only romanceable if you either didn’t know you were the original heir and/or discovered the Water Kingdom’s secret where you find out that the MC and Lucias aren’t really related
  • The player would have been given an opinion to start a romance with Lupa(A rebel girl) as any gender but she would then realise she’s straight, so only male!MCs could continue romancing her
  • Glynn, a petty elven thief turned into a Robin Hood figure and right-hand man(more so co-leader at this point) of the Rebel Leader She is a transwoman trying to balance her gender dysphoria and respect as a trusted leader of the Rebels despite her past and elven heritage. Her true name Guinevere although she goes by Glynis as well. You can only romance her successfully if you support her and validate her gender identity. (Warning: Transphobia) I had planned to give the player the choice to repress her true self which will only end badly..

These were(are?) some of the planned ROs

Although with the og Goggles, I’ve already had their heritage in mind; but not with the MC!Goggles, so that would be interesting. Especially with the question of why did the Witch kidna- I mean adopted them?

Also if people are wondering why Goggles is named Goggles, The Witch has unique naming taste, she’s the type of person to name a Raven, Crow and Wolf, Dog. Basically, the original plan was whichever talent/skill the og MC and have the Witch name them after that. (eg. Good at fire magic? You shall be dubbed Soot. Good at earth magic? Your name is Tree now.) Good at inventing? Goggles. But you’d and still will be able to customise your preferred name that the majority will know you as(except your sibling and your Mother)

Although there is a high chance if I am going to focus on the Underdog story that a lot of elements would be transferred from my original plan(Mostly from the Witch Branch of the story).

As technically the characters would be the same, if not slightly altered.

The main difference would the og MC would be an actual set character, while Goggles would become the MC that the player can customize and control(and woo ROs).
Although the og MC would still be considered the ‘chosen’ one and still the kidnapped heir to the water kingdom. The plot would revolve around Goggles, a magicless person with a talent for invention going through this magic-centric fantasy world. Tbh I’m still debating if I want to diversify MC! Goggles’ talents

Also, I can’t really see who voted what for some reason but I’m glad you’re interested in the Chosen One story!

Hmm if I’m able, I’ll try to finish up the original project’s demo(cuz I have more work done on it), but just until the main split, then create a quick demo for the underdog story. I’ll probably just post them on here because rn I don’t feel ready with the commitment of opening an original thread.

6 Likes

Summary:

When the body from a months old missing persons case is found, you discover that this is just one of several victims from a recent string of unusal cases. Immerse yourself in this urban fantasy crime novel as a necromancer and use your magic to bring peace to the dead that only you can see and hear.

Features:

• Play as female or male.
  • Lite RPG mechanics.
  • Invest XP into your areas of expertise and necromancy skills.
    • Expertise: Intelligence, Persuasion, Observation, Accuracy, Athletics
    • Necromancy: Whisper, Necrosis, Summon, Siphon
  • Customize your detective’s name and surname.
  • Control the fate of one of two NPCs during the Prologue.
  • Play as a homicide detective.
  • Take care of your pet griffin.
  • Word Count [inc. cmds]: 16,936
  • Word Count [exc. cmds]: 9,629
41 Likes

Crime fantasy? A pet griffin?

You have me sold.

4 Likes

I hope you post a demo soon! I never get tired of detective stories and detective + necromancy + pet griffin is definitely of interest :eyes:

5 Likes

The pet griffin is optional, but I couldn’t resist including the option to have one after seeing this.

14 Likes

Alright the description has me hooked, I look forward to your work :blush: I’m a sucker for tragic or mysterious backstories and how they affect one in present day.

1 Like

WoW @AChubbyBlackCat a necromancer detective…

1 Like

Hi! I’m a long time (and shy) lurker here. I’ve had this idea for a story that started out as a hobby. I didn’t plan for this to be a game but after reading some of the WIPs here, I was inspired to try my hand at making my own demo.

English isn’t my first language. This makes me a bit hesitant as I’m aware of the plethora of grammatical mistakes I’m going to make as well as the difficulty and scope of this project. So please help me along the way!

Anyway!

What’s the story?:

Summary

You are a young inhabitant of the underground megacity called Neo Sanctum. Your lifelong dream of joining the Nightwatch, an elite force of gifted individuals tasked in protecting the city from anomalies, is within reach!

However, there is one problem: you’re not gifted. Quite the opposite, in fact.

You lost your right arm due to a horrific incident from the past.

Because of this, you’ve been given a bionic arm replacement. Burdened by your traumatic past, and the never ending nightmares that seems to plague you in your sleep, you’re determined to fulfill your dreams. No matter what it takes.

Features
  • Protect the citizens of Neo Sanctum city from the monstrous anomalies! Exorcise, eliminate, or capture these threats!

• Take on assignments to maintain the peace in the city. Ranging from lighthearted quests up to the ones that will scar you for life.

• Get to know four of your mysterious new teammates! Fall in love as you get to know their stories. Or become bestfriends with everyone!

• Customize your own Nightwatch mask! As well as your appearance.

• Master different types of fighting styles.

1. Martial Arts focus: The lack of magical talent has made you proficient at dishing out pain with nothing but your fists.

2. Gunslinger focus: your natural inclination with pistols and other firearms has made you a deadly sharpshooter.

3. Swordsmanship focus: an old art. Despite being archaic, you trained hard to become highly adept with the blade.

4. Bionic Enhancements focus: as a young expert with technology, you’ve learned how to make the best out of your bionic arm… and your trusty gadgets.

Don’t worry! You can pick 2 focuses.

• Uncover a sinister plot that could potentially destroy the whole city!

• Find out what happened to the dreaded surface.

• Make peace with your past THEY LIE and forget. It’s easy to just bury it all.

RO options

F/M, Age: [REDACTED]

• The enigmatic captain of Nightwatch’s greatest task force: Fenrir. Despite his youthful appearance and devil may care attitude, he is considered a veteran, and the best of the best in his field earning the title of ‘Night’s Reaper’ for his cold yet efficient way of dispatching anomalies. Dusk stands at about 5’8" with a black fox half-mask covering his upper face. Dusk has silken white hair, pale skin, piercing amethyst eyes, and an eternal smirk that’s both charming and disarming. Even with the mask on, it’s hard to deny that Dusk is as beautiful as he is deadly.

No one has ever seen him without the mask.

F/M, Age: 21

• An ambitious, stand-offish, and hot-tempered agent that’s seemingly hellbent on proving that he’s second to none, much to Dusk’s amusement. He’s got the bite back up his bark, however. Being a highly talented bonemancer, he’s become an important addition to the Nightwatch. Darren stands at about 6’0", with chestnut brown hair, olive skin, and steel gray eyes. Although he’s a bit hard headed, he can be surprisingly warm and sweet. Sometimes.

Darren may not admit it, but he has a soft spot for animals.

F/M, Age: 19

• The resident anomaly expert who loves to bury his nose in books rather than do field work. Sol has bright red hair, fair skin, deep crimson eyes, and freckles on his cheeks. Despite being an introvert, he’s a prodigy when it comes to pyromancy and by no means a pushover! With the height of 5’3", he’s easily the shortest in Dusk’s odd circle. Sol is a timid and shy individual whom Dusk is overprotective about.

He keeps the group together using his sheer adorableness.

F/M, Age: 20

• A cheerful and upbeat agent who can brighten any room he enters. Kion is well-known throughout Neo Sanctum City because of his celebrity status. When he isn’t busy working out in the field, he’s in a studio recording music. It’s hard to juggle being an agent and being Neo Sanctum’s songbird, but Kion sees it as a challenge. Kion stands at about 5’9". He has a bronze colored skin, jade green eyes, and chin length hair that he likes to keep in a bun.

He unconsciously whistles children’s songs when he’s sleepy.

I’d really appreciate any feedback! I’ll also try to answer any question you people might have! Thank you!

Edit: I forgot that my forum name is identical to one of the characters in the story so I might change it. :sweat_smile:

38 Likes

I’m quite interested in the idea! I’m all for MCs who require an uphill climb to achieve their dreams. Your game features sound mighty captivating!

Also…

Let me throw love at this character already.

7 Likes

Enigmatic RO :roll_eyes: :thinking: :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Lol if ya didn’t get it already from my forum name I’m all in for nightmarish and gory horror (monstrous creatures are ok too)…

2 Likes

There will be plenty nightmarish monsters in the story. :smile:

I’ll try not to disappoint!

4 Likes

Seems like an interesting game! I like how you have all gender- flippable ROs- and my MCs are gonna flirt the hell outta themsleves.

I already know that I’ll be in for an unexpected ride :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I guess you’ll have to wait and see :smirk:

2 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait to share it ahhaha just gotta actually… You know… Start writing it :kissing::v:

3 Likes

That’s just plain cruel :roll_eyes::neutral_face::imp:

:roll_eyes::thinking::smirk_cat: G’Luck with that…

2 Likes

My dumbass really forgot about the ROs. My bad my bad. I added it to the post lol.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/interest-check-thread/39424/3356

2 Likes

They weren’t initially gender flippable but I didn’t want people to feel left out if they were all just one gender.

And careful now. You’re playing with lots of fire :joy:

3 Likes