Interest Check Thread

Would anyone be interested in a game where are you are a planes Walker? I’m currently assembling the materials, trying to figure out branches, have a couple of arrows, and some other stuff.
Mostly trying to make sure that the powers don’t break the game. Anyway. Thoughts?
Also, at the beginning, your second jump, I’m pondering on whether to have it due to fall go back to earth, or you have the ability to go to Another world. Thoughts on that? I can do either or, but I just need a good reason for you to not go back to earth, unless I want to get into a whole family dynamic, which may or may not be that large of a thing.

4 Likes

Just wanted to notify that the term “Planeswalker” is part of WOTC’s property. I don’t know whether it’s trademarked, but to avoid erring on the sideline, you might want to use a different term.

3 Likes

Noted, thanks. :slight_smile: Also, W O T C?

1 Like

Wizards of the Coast. DnD has “planes,” while Magic has playable card type “Planeswalker.”

3 Likes

Thanks.

In that case, if I made a story where are your PC with somebody who would walk between different dimensions and such. Any interest in that? If I do, it’s going to be multiple books. Possibly had a spinoffs of other characters, since at the moment, all the books I have in the works are intended to be in the same universe. Well, multi verse, but yeah. They’ll be crossovers.

2 Likes

Okay, i have to say i loved this, it sounds so fun and i would play it until i pass out

2 Likes

I hope I’ll be able to satisfy!! Thank you for the response! :hibiscus:

1 Like

That sounds really cool. I like the idea of following them through their career.

4 Likes

Working out the plots and such so it isn’t a whole lot of repetitive choices. I have several projects I’m working on at the same time with no focus on a single project. Just where ever the creativeness guides me right now. Depending on my PI one I’m working on has my creative energies focus at the moment but it is a lot more complicated coding involved with it.

1 Like

Okay, so I have a rough idea of a story and my adhd is working overtime to making me think of and only of this one thing. So I may as well right? haha
But I do want to do a check, see if it sounds interesting, or if someone’s already done something similar.

You, like many people at your undetermined age, are going through a midlife crisis, because who knows when the middle of your life is. If you die young it may as well be now. But that’s your main reasoning behind taking a road-trip by yourself to the middle of nowhere, America, and no one can say otherwise.
Admittedly there has been a lot to your life that you are either unwilling to rediscover or straight up forgot. So let’s just say that when what has been done and gone decides to come back and reestablish itself in your life, any sane person would also just start driving and not look back.

A cryptic horror about facing past mistakes, trauma and why you shouldn’t shove responsibility of saving the world onto the shoulders of a very young child.
What happens to the chosen one if they failed? And are now in their later 20s to mid 30s?

13 Likes

I’ve been playing with this idea in my head for a few years now and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in me turning it into a choice of game.

• Short description of the story

In this you play as a child who is born without powers. But this wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the fact that you come from a family of powered heroes. You are constantly mistreated and belittled by them for this status. As a result you begin to walk a darker path.

• More in-depth description

In this life you were given almost everything. You were born into one of the wealthiest families. Your parents are the world’s top heroes and everyone loves them. Well…except their enemies…

The amount of people who would be jealous of you is astonishing. So many people would do anything to have your life. Until, they knew what it was like. Until, they knew the cost of being you.

Unlike your parents and your older brothers, you were born without powers and they made sure to remind you of this fact every waking moment of your life. They always made you feel lesser than them.

You knew that life could be better. That one day you could take control of your own fate. You’ve dreamt of the day that you would no longer feel trapped within your families mansion. Sometimes you even dreamt about revenge. Not revenge solely on your parents or brothers. No. You want revenge on every so called hero and powered person for mistreating people like you.

How could you though. You’re powerless. Helpless. A zero. You stand no chance. But, does it always have to be this way? Will you be able to get your revenge or are doomed to wilt away in this accursed house?

23 Likes

Are there any prison escape games in the making? Got this idea in my head for some weeks now and started to work out a structure as I haven’t seen any WIP on this theme but maybe I am missing one?

@Zevilith This is an interesting idea, but I wonder if this is too similar to a lot of other books, shows etc about ordinary people in a super hero world - your outline reminds me of The Boys, for example. If I were you, I would focus and elaborate a bit more on what makes your story unique and what makes it stand out from others. Then go for it!

6 Likes

Ooh, this could be interesting. I’m still fairly new here so I’m not so caught up in WIPs yet. Will it be in the vein of gangster flicks, involving gangsters (as it says in the genre), deception, and betrayals? Stuff like Each Dawn I Die, White Heat or Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye.

1 Like

I was more thinking of a work camp escape, but with a twist, and definitely betrayal :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had the same question and couldn’t find one so I started one myself! It’s more technically a heist but does have a number of prison escapes. There’s a thread for it here, but don’t let that discourage you from creating your own!

1 Like

Looks great! I do have something different in mind though, I just need time :joy: Congrats on getting ch3 up!

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like the game Mind Blind here.

3 Likes

Only under a very, very specific playstyle and interpretation, though.

1 Like

This is a cool concept! I feel like it gives off some Supernatural vibes (I’ve only seen the memes, not the show).

The concept also very vaguely reminds me of Yesterday, you saved the world which is a short twine game about a magical girl. Actually I think there are other stories about “aging magical girls” but I can’t name them right now.

But the concepts aren’t really all that similar, and I’d love to see what this becomes.

2 Likes

Hey @lisamarlin @Alley_Cat thank you both for your feedback. I should have definitely emphasized what really made this one unique. I think I withheld a bit of the information because I was afraid of spoiling key parts of the story. What I wanted to do was make a story about a villain who is very easy to empathize with. I guess I could describe them as a Dark Messiah or a Dark Shepherd. Overall, I wanted the main character to reflect on their actions and to ask themselves what it means to be a hero or a villain. Can a hero actually call themselves a hero if they do it for selfish reasons and can a villain call themselves a villain if they’re doing it for a good cause.

3 Likes