Interest Check Thread

It sounds like a Sci-Fi mystery? Maybe drama? There’s a lot that could go wrong with this supposed Dream Project if I’m looking at other types of macguffins like this found in other media (i.e. the STEM system from The Evil Within video games).

2 Likes

Maybe mystery and thriller are a bit of a stretch, but sci-fi/drama sounds about right. Thank you all!

And yep, the plan is to not just letting things naturally go wrong, but allow the player to break havoc at their heart’s desire. Chaos is just really fun, so :smile:

2 Likes

So like Paprika or Ai?

Paprika was using it as a kind of experimental therapy thing (before someone started using it for other things).

Ai was using it for times when questioning suspects and witnesses hit a wall.

2 Likes

@Adam_VanCleave_Perro Yep. Although I’ve been meaning to watch Paprika for a while, I haven’t seen either yet, but that’s the general idea. Tho I doubt they could actually get any actual evidence for the police to work with, to have an hospital dedicated to enter people’s dreams just sounds like a pretty neat idea to explore, so.

2 Likes

Can the mc come off as intimidating to the students only for them to realize that the mc is actually a gentle soul?

2 Likes

I think it sounds very interesting and it’s definetly something I personally would wanna read, hope you decide to go through with it :goat:

2 Likes

@postalspring – Welcome to the community.

I would love to see your game made. With that said, historical based games often do not do as well as other genres, although the Western theme might counter the disadvantages of most historical games.

Some of the most loved games are historical and/or western based games, although some of these do not sell well, according to staff of Choice of Games.

I thought I’d be up front with this because you may be investing a lot of time and effort into making this game (for some of us this means over a year or more) and depending on what your goals are, this might be a tough first project to complete.

4 Likes

I would enjoy something this nuanced. Kind of like worldbuilding but shaping people.

2 Likes

Can I teach people “proper” palentolagy?

2 Likes

What would you guys think of having a game where the relationships are the skills?

For instance, I mentioned earlier thinking of doing a Halloween/monster-based game. What if you were some kind of baby spirit/demon that needed to latch onto humans to gain form? Like, you have a month (October) to make friends and play with powers until it settles down forever.

So you start off with a weak, high-school kid body and whoever you become friends with, it influences your abilities. Your bond with the gruff, tough kid makes you have werewolf powers (strength, healing, etc.),your friendship with the goth kid gives you vampire powers (charisma, bloodsucking), your love with the science kid gives you mad scientist powers (making golems and potions).

So there wouldn’t be any stats in the game besides relationships. Some of the kids would resent you using them, once they find out, while others would think it’s amazing.

What do you think of relationships as skills?

35 Likes

I’m reminded of “My friends are LITERALLY my power!”. Well okay that is just quoting myself talking about something.

I had an idea somewhere where you seem to be an ordinary person but synchronizing with monsters turns out to give you powers.

2 Likes

I’ve always sort of thought of relationship stats as skills in their own right, from a gameplay perspective—meaning specifically that in a game that vibes with me, there’d definitely be stat checks involving NPCs and plot points surrounding them.

But nothing has made me go “Yes!” so much as the idea of an MC who literally gains functional skills depending on relationship stats. I need this game in my life, like yesterday.

5 Likes

That’s encouraging! I have about a year’s worth of obligations before I can begin any new projects, but I can’t stop ideas from popping in my head. I’d be very pleased, though, if other people made games with similar approaches in the meantime!

8 Likes

That is a very cool concept you have there, friend. I find Omir’s backstory to be especially compelling.

I can’t wait to see what you make of this!

2 Likes

I would love to play this😄. Can the gods have children with jumanj and make half gods? Also could you corrupt a god of light and make them become evil/ Your slave or god of darkness.

1 Like

Romance is just one of those things that you have to try writing in order to understand it. Or at least, if readers see where you’re at, we can offer suggestions on how to improve the romances.

I don’t know if you’ve ever read the Great Tournament, but the romances available in the game—while not the stuff of romance series awards—were really quite satisfying even though they were 100% optional. The romances there were more just about putting in the effort to spend time with them, and seeing how they grew closer as a result. I can’t even really recall anything resembling a true romance or date besides the garden rendezvous with the princess, so it’s not like you have to plan out these grand romantic or scenes, just little three or four page scenes of spending time with them. That, and I just liked having the option of proposing. Like, very few games offer to really solidify a relationship like that, but I think you would be able to offer this too.

In addition to that, I would also be interested in political unions to help consolidate your power or the pledge allyship, but I admit that that is predicated on how exactly the gods gain their power. I’m assuming it’s through prayer, in which case…I’m not sure. I just think auch a mechanic would be pretty neat.

I agree with you here. I’m not very comfortable with the idea of enslaving anyone, but a boss/underling relationship is definitely within my comfort zone.

7 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the site! For some of these ideas you may want to go to the Adult Interest Check, but some do sound really cool. I wish you the best of luck on whichever you end up writting! May you understand Choicescript faster than I’m doing!

1 Like

Hey Everyone!

So, I’m just going to get this out. I’m not the most moving person so don’t expect the most out of me, please. The game ideas that win, I will attempt to complete
Anyways, so I have been lurking around this site for a few minutes and I’m starting to like how quiet and easy to understand it is. I was originally suggested here from a subreddit on Reddit.
All of the game ideas I put on this are becoming comics, games or visual novels but due to many reasons (I can only make one art pose, I’m broke and I have no friends who are interested in game designing or can draw.) I will have to delay that. So I decided to mess around with the codding on here and I feel like I’m pretty comfortable with it.
Also, all the game ideas I put on here will not be put on sale for specific reasons (I might change my mind though). So this means to keep people interested, I’ll start with a very short demo and work my way up.
Now to the ideas:

P.S- GL: gender locked GC: Gender choice

Too many words/The options
  1. No more Heroz

  2. The Alpha and me

  3. Death School

  4. British devil

  5. Slayerz

  6. The light princess

  7. Blood bath

  8. Into the nations/States

  9. The child project

  10. Rise up, zombies

  11. Fairytail lands

  12. Till the end of time.

  13. the wanted one

  14. Seven sins

  15. I love you

  16. Drama Club

Okay, now here are some information about each.

Story idea #1 (GC)

“No more Heroz”
Okay, I know that this name is taken but hopefully I can come up with another title.
To summary this: Think My Hero academia or One Punch Man if your more of a fan of that but the main villains are the main characters.
That’s basically No more Heroz: “You take the role of a young teenage kid, who on their fifteen birthday has something traumatic happen, which causes them to be placed into a reforming hero school.
You then meet other students there, some who have other plans than becoming a hero.”

I have it planned that becoming a villain or anti-hero is the only two choices. There will be actual romance in the game but nothing too much. For warnings, the game will have fanservice, a perverted character (still debating on this) and slight blood and gore. So it’s mostly meant for 16 and up.

Story idea #2 (GC)

“The Alpha and me”
So a wild back, I remember seeing people planning on to make a omegaverse story. I don’t know if anyone actually made an official demo but I’m going to give it a try.
So my version is a little different, due to story reasons, you can only be an omega but there won’t be any restrictions when it comes to personality.
So for the plot: “You’re an 18-year-old high schooler (12th grade) who have thought everything in your life was normal until now. First, you find out that you are an omega, then that everyone around is actually half-animal and now your life might be in danger due to your type. What else could go wrong?”

There will be adult content in this game(Y’know the usual, sex, drugs and violence.). The game also takes place in the USA, specifically Florida. 18+ and yes there is romance.

Story idea #3 (GC)

“Death School”
Okay, this idea is one I’m still doubting on because it’s pretty messed up but I still want to give it a go.
So to summarize the plot: You’re a 16-year-old who has been accused of murdering your classmates. Instead of being put in prison, you’re sent to a school for young criminals. Only to find out that this school is more messed up than you thought.

This takes place in Mexico (might change this). There are also adult content…lots of it (Swearing, mentions of sxually asualt and R*pe, violence, gore, and blood, etc) . 18+ and no romance.

Story idea #4 (GC)

“British devil”
So the plot of this story is pretty simple: Taking place in modern-day England, you take the role of a 20-year-old college student with a normal life. This until a guy, who claims to be Satan literally breaks into your house. Now you’re forced to join in a war against good and evil, then see which one lands you in a safe spot.

As you can probably guess this game does paint Satan in a somewhat good light. It’s not a “hail Satan” game but it does question Christians reasons for hating Satan. So I would say that this is probably more for atheists than anybody else. 18+, mostly due to blood, swearing and sex reasons. This game does have romance options and you can technically romance Satan.

Story idea #5 (GC) (TW)

“Slayerz”
The plot: “The main character(you) was just a regular hero until while adventuring, something traumatizing happens to them. This forces them to quit for a while but they are eventually convinced to try again. Maybe this time will be better?”

To warn people the MC is raped at the very beginning(Yeah so there is going to be a TW at the beginning.). This does playoff as a regular fantasy hero, group adventure story with the main characters trying to protect humans.

This isn’t me just being edgy. I always wanted a fantasy hero story where the MC is the rape victim, not the sidekick or even worst the love interest (This is why I haven’t played The Witcher.). I want to show that survivors can be heroes too. This game has romance options. For warnings: rape, PSTD, blood. 18+ or 16+ since the scene isn’t graphic.

Story idea #6 (GC)

“The light princess”

So this one is pretty simple: This is a relationship-based game where you are a teenage prince/princess who has to interact with many suitors to choose which one you think is the right one for you.

It will be a really short game and it will most likely not reach the 100k line. Also, all the romance options are male. 13 and up.

Story idea #7 (GC)

“Blood bath”
This is a game about a young vampire(You) who kidnaps a man/woman who you believe has the blood to make you more powerful. In order to keep getting blood from them, you need to keep them healthy and defend against other vampires, some even more powerful than you.

Yeah, so this game has some pretty toxic elements to it. There are also options to be physical and mentally abusive but it would only lead to bad endings. You can also be nice but this is one of those games where your technically a villain no matter what you do you. There will be romance options. For warnings: sex, abuse, violence, gore and blood. 18+

Story idea #8 (GC)

“Into the nations/States”
So, back when they were pretty popular, I was a big fan of country balls and Hetalia. One thing I hated about them though is how they focused on war with comedy. I just wanted a slice of life with the countries. So that’s what this game idea is basically is.

There are two options for this game, one focusing on the countries, the other focusing on America states. To avoid stereotypes you will only be able to make your own country/state. It will also take place in an imaginary world so no real-life events will be mentioned. There will be romance options. 16 and up

Story idea #9 (GC)

“The child project”

You live in a society with a decreasing population, in order to get the population up. The government has decided to make a program where after turning the age 18, you must pick a partner to have a child with. You, the main character, have recently turned 18.

So to explain further: You’ll pick between 6 or 7 candidates, each with different personalities. They will eventually be the mother or father of your child but before that, it plays off like a regular dating sim. Originally you could only be straight but I decided against it because I like writing gay romances (and I’m bi). I don’t know how I’ll make possible for two males to have biological kids and keep it realistic but I’m going to try. For warnings: mentions of sex. 16 and up

Story idea #10 (GC)

“Rise up, zombies”

The plot: “A typical zombie apocalypse with a twist. You find yourself in the middle of a zombie attack but for some reason, they are not attacking you. What’s going on?”

There will be romance options. for warnings: blood and gore. 16 and up.

Story idea #11 (GC)

“Fairytail lands”

The plot: You wake in a world filled with your favorite fairytales but the main characters are nowhere to be seen. Now you have to live the lives of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty .etc. to complete their world and go back to yours.

I won’t do the Disney versions of these due to many reasons but it’s going to be hard to do the original ones and keep it gendered neutral (cause sleeping beauty original story is…yeah)
So I’ll probably just mix the two. For warnings: None(?). 13 and up.

Story idea #12 (GL)

“Till the end of time.”

The plot: “Your typical Isekai story. You take the role of a young man who finds himself in his favorite game with his girlfriend.”

So, this one basically is a smut harem with a story. 18 +.

Story idea #13 (GC)

“the wanted one”

Plot: You live in a society where people have powers. On their sixteen birthday, a mark appears on your arm to tell you how much percent of power you have (how powerful you are). Kids with 60% and more are considered too dangerous to society and must be killed instantly. You wake up on your birthday to see that 68% percent have appeared on your arm.

To summarize: You basically find out that your one of the few people who are considered too dangerous to live. So you need to do everything you can to protect yourself from being noticed by the government. There will be romance options. Warnings: blood and gore. 16 and up

Story idea #14 (GL)

“Seven sins”

The plot: “What happens when the seven deadly sins leave hell? Take the role of one of the sins and try to get humans in the human world to sin but don’t get caught.”

For warnings: Sex, blood and gore, violence .etc. 18+. There will be romance options.

Story Idea #15 (GC)

“I love you”

The plot: “In order to get out of your shell, you decided to dare yourself to date, sleep with and kiss as many people as you can once you go to college. Will this backfire though?”

For warnings: fade to black intimacy scenes, unhealthy methods(seriously, sleeping with random people isn’t a healthy way to stop being shy.). 16 and up. There will be romance options.

Story Idea #16 (GC)

“Drama Club”
A regular high school story involving you taking the role of a gay or bi student in a small town.

For warnings: Homophobia, sexism, fade to black intimacy scenes. 16+

So, if you haven’t noticed for some of these, I haven’t really thought of a plot summary yet. So if you have any questions or advice, don’t be afraid to ask or suggest.

Shows and genres I mentioned

My Hero academia- Superhero show about a kid who desires to become a superhero but due to not having a quirk(powers), isn’t able to. He eventually gets the opportunity to and joins a school for in progess heros

One Punch Man- A comedy series about a man who can one punch everything. Parody of a Japanese kid’s character.

Hetalia- A comedy series about the axis and allies during WW2.

Country balls- A bunch of random comics about countries in ball form.

Isekai- In another world. Usually is about a boy who falls into his favorite video game and now must save their world. Hero typically starts off weak and get stronger as time go by.

  • No more Heroz
  • The Alpha and me
  • Death school
  • British devil
  • Slayerz
  • The light princess
  • Blood bath
  • Into the nations/States
  • The child project
  • Rise up, zombies
  • Fairytail lands
  • Till the end of time.
  • the wanted one
  • Seven sins
  • I love you
  • Drama Club

0 voters

So, the poll should allow you to pick multiple choices. The top two will be the ones that I’ll write as interactive novel games.
Sorry about my grammar, I wrote most of these while I was half asleep and Grammarly’s not working for me. If I made any mistake please tell me.

These aren’t the final titles

(I’m sorry that this ended up being deleted last time but I have it figured out this time. Also, I was going by video game ratings (ESBR), I don’t know how this site rates their game.)

9 Likes

I want to know more about the final “z” in No More Heroez and Slayerz.

5 Likes

I’m wondering what those even entail. Like The Alpha and me.

Oh. I missed the other extensions.

3 Likes