Interest Check Thread

Interest Check

EDIT: The forum for this IF is now live. This is the link!

Title: Deux à Deux
Author: Ray Wilson
Genre: Drama, Romance, Thriller, Crime

Short synopsis: You’re barely scraping by your dead-end job when a couple leaves a note as they leave: “Quit your job—we’ll take care of you.” Calling the number on the note throws you headfirst into a world of luxury, intrigue, power, and lust. Tread lightly.

Longer blurb:

"As a server at a self-proclaimed “upscale” restaurant in New York City, most of your shifts end with exhaustion, total rage, or vague annoyance. When a beautiful couple leaves you a note with their receipt (instructing you to quit your job and let them “take care” of you), along with a $500 tip, you’re intrigued.

You go to their massive townhouse in NoHo and find yourself face-to-face with the most alluring lifestyle you’ve ever encountered. Balancing your newfound friendship with the Lyonses, and your own somewhat nitty-gritty lifestyle, is a challenge, but one you’re determined to make work. Once you’re swept up in the Lyonses’ world, though, it’s hard to escape—you’ll realize there’s a dark underbelly to their glamorous, luxurious lifestyle.

Will you become as cold and crooked as the Lyons couple, or will you find another path with their permanent “house guest”? Maybe you’ll stay at your crappy serving job and get closer with one of two coworkers, to the horror of the Lyonses—or maybe even your boxing coach.

Whatever happens, it won’t come easy."

So that’s the basic idea! I have the whole plot outlined in detail, as well as the characters, but it was initially planned as a book so I’ll need to do further outlining to fit ChoiceScript. I’ve spent the past two days getting familiar with the coding script, and hope to have the first (short-ish) chapter out in a week or two. If you’re interested, please let me know!

Ray

13 Likes