Interest Check Thread

I think you could realistically try to make it a TTRPG, but hey, don’t let me stop you!

@derekmetaltron TT is Table Top. So TTRPG would be Table-Top RPG

2 Likes

Not sure what TT stands for, but the theory is that I would figure out how best to adapt the game systems (SPECIAL for Fallout 3 and the various upgrades for Skyrim) and then try and make a demo with a specific quest and if that goes well chunks of the whole game until it’s done. It would probably end up looking like the open world books like Fabled Lands or something.

3 Likes

Doomsday On Demand is a bit Fallout-ish (at least in my opinion)

3 Likes

@cup_half_empty that’s a fair point :slight_smile: I just wanted to do a bit of field study before I started haha

@lunehare thank you so much for your advice! Your words have really reassured me to follow through on reviving my original story :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely change the storyline up a bit though, because 10-year-old me was… interesting, haha.

@LiliArch thank you! I’ll definitely check it out :0

1 Like

Hi there, everyone. I am glad to came back here with some new ideas about my second piece. So, I got some stories that I will going to put in a poll and I can help myself to decide… which story should be more interesting and good. haha :smile:

This is just a brief/ summarized/ synopsis of the story: I don’t put full details/further info so, it becomes more interesting and will wait to be uncover by you, the readers. :grin:

Behind The Camera

The genre: Romance, Drama
The story begins with childhood days of MC.
You are aspiring actor/actress when you were child but your life starts to be miserable.
Drama starts: Your father abandons his family while mother died in car crash with you and your older brother. You live in your grandma’s house with your older brother. Your brother stops from attending school for you to finish your study. He works illegally by stealing jewelries with his group. He was captured and jailed which is the day of your graduation (college). You start to enter in theatre but it ends up in full casts, amateur, and etc. Unexpectedly, you meet a mysterious guy who turns out the famous actor/actress currently. He/she helps you to enter in showbiz world. You starts to acting but how about your relationship with your fans… still acting? or be real you? How about your lover way back before your fame… cut the relationship for fame or not? or hide it. As you rise up with fame, Blackmail and scandals will be there too! Are you ready to enter in the world of fame?

Crown of the Sea

The Genre: Action, Romance, History
The story begins with MC as vice admiral of the Spanish Empire. The king orders you to find the Emperor Nicholas’s ship (his father) which is mysteriously disappeared. It says that the ship contains a lot of jewelries, and golds and more!. Soon, you set sail but unexpectedly, a infamous and notorious pirate known as Pegasus attacks your ship. You talk with their captain to release them and he accepts it but in exchange of you. At the end of the day, you are the only one left in the pirate ship while your crew leaves and rallies back to the empire. You will soon find out that the captain is your childhood best friend! Take time to throwback with you and her/his childhood memory. You find out too that the king is the one who slaughtered your family and your best friend too. How will you take a revenge? You will fight for your revenge? or for love (princess/prince)? or for the throne? or leave them and start a pirate life with your best friend? Are you ready to set sail and entitled as the ‘Crown of the Sea’?

The Retribution

The Genre: Fiction, Action
The story begins with the MC as the apprentice of his master in the Guild of ASHE. Your master predicts something bad will happen tonight so, he orders you to go to the ASHE old temple which is far from your village just to get the seal. You thought that it is about for protection but you are not. It is the last will of your master. As you rush back to your village, you found the villagers, your friends, your family died. Everything is burning! You seek for your master and you meet him in his last breath. He told you to leave and start a new better life. As you insisted to stay there, you spot someone luring in the darkness and you thought that is your enemy. You rush to this person and find out that is the tasked to watched your steps. You starts to seek for the answers who is the one behind this killing spree. MC will meet his close friend in the village and both of you will set a journey to get revenge for your loved ones. You will meet new friends to join your pack of assassins. You will discover different places, races, beliefs, culture, and everything! Until it ends that your real enemy is the one that you thought would protect the ASHE guild and other guilds too. Will you seek for bloodlust? revenge? love? new life? or overthrow and let yourself be the ruler of the whole realm? Are you ready to face your life as the greatest assassin of ASHE guild?

The Vanguard

The Genre: Fiction, Romance
The story begins with the MC as the heir of the Sol Empire. You are gifted to call the three powerful creatures: Sea Serpent, White Lion, and the Silver Dragon. But before that, you will take a long path with some drama and romance with your royal family. Your parents will be assassinated by your rivaled enemy, the south empire. It was their advantage because you are too young for you to rule a large piece of land. The enemy starts to march to your empire! How will you protect your empire from their blade!? They are known for ages for their strong armies and willed-spirits of war. Soon, you will meet a hermit that will tell you a tale of the Ancient Ruler of this realm who rules with his three friends! The hermit disappear after you wake up. You will begin your journey to find these creatures to help you to fight against the incoming threat. After you found them and solved their problems, will you use them to protect your empire? or take an advantage to conquer the south empire? Are you ready to be come the Next ruler and the gifted heir of Sol Empire?

• Behind The Camera
  • Crown of the Sea
  • The Retribution
  • The Vanguard

0 voters

I thought the Vanguard is the one in the least of no. of votes but I’m wrong. hahaha :smiley:

3 Likes

I have an idea for a book in the sci-fi genre.
The book starts with the MC’s parents dying at the unveiling of a drug that is capable of curing diseases by forming antibodies at the second of contacting it (the drug basically adapts very quickly). Before the last drug is destroyed the MC’s mother injects the drug into the MC and dies leaving the baby at the scene. The baby lives at a relative’s place after the incident. I am planning for the first book to focus on the early years of the MC. Such as:

• How they cope with their powers
  • How their powers will influence their life and everyone around them
  • Their growing relationship with their relative
  • Attempts at warding off people who want to use him for his abilities
  • The truth about his parents

The MC’s power wheel is sort of limitless, their ability learns from experiences they have had and adapts to it. For example, if they try to lift a stone and cannot, his strength stat will appear and he unlocks the strength ability, basically almost every interaction with the environment improves the MC’s stats.
Note that this is just a draft and is subject to changes

I found a writer and we’ve started working on the book. Wish us luck :wink:

We started our own personal thread for the book. Check it out - Project: H.I.V.E (PERMANENTLY CLOSED)

39 Likes

So I’m one of those people who has a whole cast of characters but no static plot idea. I can throw my characters pretty much anywhere I please and have them make sense, but I wonder if it’s worth it to write a CYOA in the romance/fantasy genre focusing on my characters if no one is particularly interested in them.

The basic idea I have right now is that the MC is born in a world where access to the afterlife has been cut off, meaning the spirits of the dead have nowhere to go once their body dies. The lucky ones can boot new souls out of newborn babies- but the soul switching process leaves the body’s aura (what essentially keeps the soul tied to the body) damaged, leaving the soul uniquely susceptible to possession. The MC is one of these people. It’s not all bad- you get some perks for essentially being a walking meatsuit for a stray spirit. You can dreamwalk, astral project, and you get some fun empathic abilities too. The story starts with you waking up having been buried alive after being possessed, and you slowly start to put together the pieces of what happened while also dealing with partial amnesia. Basic customization options are there (height, hair, whatever) and I plan to have male, female, and non-binary genders along with an option to designate yourself trans.

But the most fun part of a romance is, of course, the romance options. So lined up, we’ve got five different options. Three have set genders- one male, one female, and one non-binary. Two are same-sex specific (so m!F will only romance masc!MC, f!F will only romance fem!MC), the rest are open to all.

N

Ever fantasize about sleeping in a bed with your SO and your seven dogs? N might be the guy/gal for you. If you can manage not to scare them off with talk of commitment first, of course. N’s chill vibes can turn into chilly vibes pretty quick if you use the L-word too soon, but it’s to be expected after the childhood they had. Soft-spoken, gentle, unexpectedly funny. Allergic to most things that start with C, including conflict, commitment, and cats (but they’ll still try to pet every one they see).

L

(Always male, trans). A necromancer with an attitude, and also S’s twin brother. Never what you’d expect- king of self love (but also bad first impressions). Irritatingly arrogant, except it stems from actual skill and not an inferiority complex. Interests include hot baths, wine, skeletons, and you, if you’re lucky. (Or not so lucky- because once he’s adopted you, you’re his friend for life, whether or not you want to be.)

A

(Always NB.) Do you look at someone over the height of 6’3 and immediately want to climb them like a tree, but you’re concerned about the bodily harm that might follow by doing it to S? You’re in luck, because A actually is a tree. Well, sort of. They’re a tree soul trapped in a human body (though you might think they’re actually a golden retriever soul instead). Sure, they might have a minor addiction to maple syrup, and yeah, sometimes they grow leaves instead of hair, but they’re normal just like you. If the word himbo existed in this universe, A would have it on their tinder profile.

R

(Always female, romanceable by women and feminine-presenting NBs.) Local genius uses massive intellect, photographic memory to annoy local spirit watcher for her fantasy YT channel- more at 11. Rune’s never experienced shame in her life, and she’s not about to start now. Good-natured disaster. Allergic to expectations- pretends to be less intelligent than she actually is. An easy liar, but she’ll be honest with the right person. 4’9, but it just means she’s better at fitting into places she really, really doesn’t belong.

F

(Same-gender/same-gender-leaning specific.) F is hot, and it’s not just because they were so overwhelmed by your flirtatious comment that they accidentally set their workbench on fire. But that’s probably a big part of it. F didn’t let their tragic dog allergy hold them back from being a dog person- they worked around it by using their tinkering skills to create a fully automated robot dog. Sarcastic at the wrong moments, licks things that shouldn’t be licked, that guy who has a YT channel dedicated to seeing what can and can’t be microwaved.

Edit: Removed these ROs, sorry

H

And we’re climbing trees again. Coming in at a cool 6’9, H is the tallest of the bunch, and they hate it. Like N, they also harbor the desire to run away and live in a hollowed-out tree in the middle of the woods with an entourage of various wild animals they’ve nursed back to health. Unlike N, they actually did it. Standoffish, selectively mute, and riddled with emotional trauma, H will be by far the most difficult to romance, despite being the one who most needs a hug.

S

(Same-sex specific.) Do you look at someone over the height of 6’3 and immediately want to climb them like a tree? Unfortunately, if you try to climb S, there’s a 50% chance they’ll instinctively supplex you. Which you may or may not be into. S is the first NPC you meet- a ‘spirit watcher’, an agent trained specifically to deal with spirit threats. Straight-backed and stiff-lipped, S isn’t the type for romance… mostly because any amount of flirting leaves this normally eloquent ghostbuster tongue-tied.

Edit: Updated some details, removed some ROs, added one new planned RO as of 6/30/2020.

37 Likes

Im new here and didnt know where to post this but i got this crazy idea some of you guys should work on.

I was thinking an origin story for the grim reaper that connects to the world’s first murderer Cain, and you could make death something truly new and terrifying that even lucifer himself fears.

Maybe death wasnt always death, maybe he was cursed to become death?

8 Likes

For those who waiting for that, I’m happy to announce I’ve started development on ChoicescriptIDE. I’m planning to release a short demo in few days

8 Likes

I would honestly love to read the full thing. Keep up the good work and don’t burn yourself out

1 Like

just brainstorming at the moment. if i have anymore ideas for this book, i’ll continue to edit some more.

idea(s): [basic premise]
(main character) had lost their connection to their dead familiar. (horse) which in turn, they’d grown wings in replace of the Pegasus’ wings.

romance options
1 male so far

if you have any more ideas to help me along it’d be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I feel like this is something you get while in your sleep.
I know. Admit it.

2 Likes

The Magic of Talent

When you find yourself bestowed with magical abilities, you decide to do the only logical thing; Enter the worlds most famous talent competition! Will you keep the reality behind your talents secret, or display them with flair. Are you in it for the fame, or the prize money that could help your family live a better life. Try to learn where your magic came from, and weave your way through social interactions with other contestants, judges, and production staff.
We need someone to make this idea reality!

6 Likes

Will the MC have more than one set of wings or the standard one set?

Also will it be set in modern times, medieval, future or mixed?

Let’s not forget my personal favorite :grin: weapons. Will there be any? If so will it be a large variety or not?

2 Likes

Hey guys I’m working on a new game gods of emerven I’m just starting out and I’m currently working as fast as I can its a tale of magic ,politics .intrigue .fantasy and betrayal if you want to become a beta tester when I’m beginning beta testing email me OK so here’s the summary of the story your an immortal succubus or succubi bound to slavery by your enemies but it wasn’t always this way you used to be the most trusted adviser and friend to one of the gods or goddess’s of the abyss but during the great war between the council of the gods and the rouge gods your master was slayed and as a result part of the god like power u where given was lost and you where cast into slavery.now a thousand years later u are bound to serve to a mortal duchesses family who was cruel to you, mortals and beasts of all but forgotten about the gods but you still remember one day a king/queen come to visit the duchesses family and you catch their eye but you refuse their advances but they would not take no for an answer so in the night the try to force them selves on you but you resist in the the struggle they are injured so you are sentenced to be executed but a stranger saves u on the run you find out that your savior is your old friend.they then inform u that they now where your god/goddess’s weapen now lies and is waiting for someone to claim it , but they also inform you that the others gods weapons are also awakening so u most hurry before some one else finds and claims them or before he/ she finds you, the god of gods the most powerful being that defeated the gods like the where ants beneath a boot onece a mortal but they obsorb the shards sources of untold power this being was the one who ended the war but is more personal toward you when u both where mortal he/she was your true love before you betrayed them now their looking for u but u don’t know their motives go on a epic adventure through the world of emerven what while your destiny be will you be a king/queen , a god amongst mortals or will u join forces with the sectore a group of people trying to bring the fallen gods back to life or will you join the new gods being born go forth and seize your destiny crusher of souls

15 Likes

Probably a longshot, since it’s well outside the customizable MCs COG likes, but would anyone want to play a gender locked, romance locked, backstory locked character.

You are Rhienne. Years ago you ran away from your warrior mother, and your priestess mother, finding a new life with your love. You thought you were a new woman, that you could make a new life. But then they came, and they took her, they took away your love, and now it’s just you against the nation that raised you, damaged you, trying to get her back.

Just an idea I’m bouncing around, probably won’t do anything with it. And on the extreme off chance you’ve played my WIP, don’t worry, still working on it, hope to have an update in a day or two.

5 Likes

This is very close to the Samurai series in execution, which has a very loyal following, so I have no doubt that this could be done.

With that said, there will be resistance encountered.

4 Likes

I like this concept. The one thing I would change is the fact that you bury the lede. Don’t hide the most interesting parts of your story. It’s not a spoiler, it’s your hook.

I’d also say that a blank slate protagonist might not actually be the best choice for this kind of story, particularly if you’re the one making decisions about their lives. I’d have your main character be someone who understands their role in purgatory as an adjudicator. This is your job. You know your place. You know what you have to do. HOW you do it is the interesting part.

In other words, don’t write the parts that you don’t want to write. Start with the good stuff. Philosophy of death, judgement, worthiness of the individual, self-determination, and shephardship of the lost. It sounds like it could be a really philosophically robust, moody piece where you dig deep into what the lives of individuals mean in a grander cosmic sense.

1 Like

Hey y’all.
So I’m a Native American from the Southeastern US & have been working on a novel for young adults about the historical Natives of upper South Carolina. It’s fantasy based but taken from a literal one sentence statement recorded in 1760…and I think I am just stuck. I’m not even necessarily certain of what kind of feedback or suggestions or replies I’m even looking for…is this normal or just a product of adult ADHD going haywire?? Anyhow, one main reason why I’m continuing to work on it is because even my ex husband who is my exact opposite & self proclaimed himself as having zero creativity even finds the concept interesting, but I just keep staring at scribbled pieces of paper and large tomes of historical journals and accounts from 1759-1761. The story is based on a Cherokee woman in SC who, per John Stuart’s war journal, “intervened and saved the life of a man”. So my route is taking a fantastical approach &, dependent upon the first choice, chooses which one of the seven Cherokee clans the MC will be in: bear, wolf, blue, paint, deer, wild potato, or long hair (war chief, protector, messenger, healer, hunter, gatherer, or peace chief, respectively) & because it stems from historical nonfiction is gender locked as a female Cherokee woman who grows to power within whichever clan the reader chooses. I don’t know. I’m frustrated and all over the place!

17 Likes

I have a little idea that I might need some input on. I’ve been working on it for a few weeks but I’m wondering if I shouldn’t change the setting up.

To keep it simple, it revolves around a year-long marriage contract for ~reasons~, obviously very romance based, and initially I have it set in a fantasy/medieval type world, but I’m starting to wonder if that isn’t a bit overdone. I thought about setting it in a more modern world and see how that plays out instead, but I’m unsure.

• Fantasy/Medieval
  • Modern
  • Other?

0 voters

4 Likes