Interest Check Thread

Happy jester noises

2 Likes

Before I make a decision on the quality of this idea, I need more information.

1 Like

All I need in a good book :joy:

1 Like

I am completely on board. May this Pigeon kill all who oppose it!

1 Like

Naofumi embraces the demon within, huh?

2 Likes

Hey guys(and gals), it’s me, your average, friendly wolf. I have a little WIP named Cold Barrel(link here;Cold Barrel(WIP), but I’ve an idea that’s been playing merry-go-round in my mind for a few days and now that my exam’s over(yeah!!), i can now safely let you ppl inside the darkest corners of my mind, from where this idea originated.

WARNING: May be too cringy or cheesy for my liking .

Summary

Yes, the conspiracy theorists have been right all along; the Illuminati do exist. The All-Seeing Eye, the New World Order, everything the legends say is true.

However…

The Illuminati are not alone. Learning of the Illuminati’s existence, a group of people formed an organization, an anti-Iluminati one, if it pleases you. They named it Azure, in honour of the sky, which represents freedom. This organization’s sole goal is to remove the Illuminati from the world, whatever it takes.

These two organizations have been battling since the middle ages and they have indurectly caused some of history’s greatest events; the Hundred Years War, the War of the Roses, the Renaissance, the schism of Catholic and Protestant, the English Civil War, the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the Industrial Revolution, Crimean War, First World War, Second World War, Cold War, every great triumphs or worst failures of human kind comes from them.

And now, you’re caught in this eternal struggle for dominance.

Living a normal life, you were oblivious to these conflicts, until you find out a shocking truth; your parents were not your average parents, they were former Illuminati and Azure agents, who stole a secret to buy their freedom. However, with their death at an unfortunate car accident, both organizations are at work again, trying to recover it before the other can, following their only clue; you.

So, it comes upon you; what role will you play in this moving game of chess? Will you be a pawn or will you be the king himself? Just remember one thing…

There are angels with scarred faces and demons with pretty smiles

ROs

It’s an WIP.

Skills
  1. Athletics

2. Wits

3. Persuasion

And about the summary being too long, here have a cookie​:cookie::cookie::cookie:

23 Likes

Why do I get an AC feel here…

7 Likes

I was thinking original Deus Ex, but AC works too!

2 Likes

Omg after I had came up with the idea the first thing I thought of was the shield hero :joy::joy: I freaking love the shield hero but Ima make sure my wip is different.

Well m’lady, what do you want to know?

2 Likes

Is there anything you can tell us about the ancient ritual?

1 Like

Well, In this world, ancient magic has been kind of irrelevant since those who had possesed the power could not handle it within themselves, and eventually went crazy and died. However, when MC is thrown into the Isle of Exequre they stumble upon runes in an old tomb. Conveniently for the plot, MC is the last person in this world who knows the ancient language and is able to translate the runes. A powerful Demon named Jaurus who was trapped in the tomb due to the powerful runes, promises to give MC a majority of his power and status in exchange for the gift of eternal freedom (then proceeds the ritual)

I don’t want to reveal too much but if anyone has further questions feel free to ask. I can talk about this for hours. I’m pretty excited for this.

8 Likes

What do u mean by status? Like rank?

1 Like

Somewhat. Yes. Power is everything, MC was a Cardinal Hero before. That was their status (rank), which was pretty high up there in this world. But with Demons and the underworld, status is different, status is the amount of power they have, kind of like a level and how close they are to their lord ( basically the equivalent to Satan)

Sorry didn’t mean to be confusing. Good folk=rank bad folk= power lvl

3 Likes

Oh thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’ve actually been writing several interactive stories over the years, but none in ChoiceScript. Considering the opportunity of having an established audience on this site, and even possibly “officially” publishing a game as a Hosted Game, I’ve become more and more interested in the idea of either 1) transferring an existing story to ChoiceScript or 2) creating a completely new story for ChoiceScript.

If I were to go with the first option, my most likely choice to transfer over would be “Hecate”, a sci-fi thriller story that’s set on a distant colony under threat of invasion by an interstellar empire. It’s clearly the most well received interactive story I’ve written and shared with my friends. It also has room to expand and alter the story to better fit with ChoiceScript. Unfortunately ChoiceScript doesn’t allow for music or sound effects - which play a somewhat important role in the experience. It also doesn’t have many choices in its current form, but all of them have extreme consequences.

Despite the potential problems, I think it might still probably lead to the best overall experience for a future reader. The setting, theme and plot of the story have clearly already displayed more advantages compared to my other creations, and it would certainly be easier to start writing from an established story instead of starting from scratch without guarantees of coming up with a better functioning story.

I guess it’s ultimately better to show, not tell. Here’s a link to the story (if you need to pause, you can just save the current URL and it’ll return back to the same scene):

https://hecate.surge.sh

Thoughts on its feasibility of working in ChoiceScript (and on this site in general) are most welcome! Note: It’s not a very large story currently, focusing on speedy turns of events, but it’s certainly possible to expand and change things.

I’ve also had several other ideas for interactive stories that I haven’t yet implemented into an actual story, as well as a couple that I have created to the end (but weren’t received that well among others, being too cliche or too focused on game mechanics), but I guess this is enough to think about for the time being.

6 Likes

Well I hate to be rude, but I found your summary to be a bit vague. it’s a interesting idea don’t get me wrong! I wouldn’t mind haveing more information about why the MC got kicked out and what the MC was before.

I know that you where ousted for an accusation of treachery but why where you accused? Was it out of fear?

As for question number 2: it says that you:

Yet I can’t help but wonder if you were something else then a demon before, or the characters have just dubbed you one out of fear.

1 Like

There are better topics to post that question/presumption: Ultimate Noob Coding - #432 by Szaal

However, I’d quickly guess that it could be done (though very probably not “supported” … and therefore maybe not “publishable”). Worth an ask on the above link.

3 Likes

Oh, interesting. I didn’t realize it could be possible.

Still, I’m not sure if it would be worthwhile to try if it’s ultimately not publishable. Audio doesn’t have a crucial part in the story itself. It’s basically just for setting the mood of situations etc. which can be done without audio as well.

1 Like

I am absolutely not (for once, at least!) making it up :wink:

1 Like

Oh there’s actually support for it? That’s surprising. Good to know!

1 Like