Interest Check Thread

Interest Check for: A ‘Regular’ Life in New York

Premise: Ah New York, the ‘Big Apple’ (commonly named by people who never lived in New York) filled with hopes and dreams. From Manhattan to New York City itself, the state is littered with tourists in wonderment; New Yorkians in running their usual businesses; gang members battling each other in shady alleyways; corrupt detectives taking bribes from low-life criminals; mad scientists running around causing all sorts of havoc; and the Statue of Liberty in its glory. Come over to New York for friends! Life-changing experiences! And maybe even… love.

In ‘A ‘Regular’ Life in New York’ (placeholder for now), you will be playing as a biological creation made by a mad Dragon Scientist living life in the state of New York. Throughout your journey you will meet countless curious characters from around the land, from detectives to assassins, the possibility is endless! (I’m just kidding, only about 16 characters). Evolve your personality throughout the game: will you be a shy observer or will you be a outrageous Casanova? Will you train to become a intelligent detective, a mastermind criminal or even a insane lab-companion? Will you be a regular human? Or will you become a lycanthrope-type creature? Will you make friends and even find the possibility of true love? Hey, don’t look at me, this is your life!

Potential Features: With that jumbled mess of a plot out of the way, what might be in this game?

• Of course you can choose what gender you may want to be, you can be Male/Female/Non-Binary.
  • I do plan to have at least 16 characters, with 8 romances and 8 regular friendships, however, you can continue the game without romancing anyone at all.
  • You can choose your sexual orientation, but every romance option is fluid in sexuality, no gender locks.
  • You will be able to play as a human, quarter-animal, quarter-human and a lycanthrope-type of creature. These will be explained if I decide to create a full demo thread.
  • I will try to have a variety of job and hobby routes for the character, but I will have to limit it to my ability.
  • I will also try to have multiple explorable areas, but note the fact that I don’t live in New York (Australian) so I might butcher the land (sorry!)
  • The story isn’t romance orientated, but romance may play a large part in the storyline (if the player decides to date).
  • I do want to make the game replayable, with every potential route leading to multiple endings.

And that’s all I can come up with now, I’m currently creating the demo with most of the customisations done already (which kinda ruins the point of an interest post but whatever :sweat_smile: ).

I’m not sure if anyone has done this before but would anyone be interested in this type of slice-of-life, romance, actionish and modern hybrid of a story?

17 Likes