Ideas for less popular superpowers?

Hi! I hope everyone’s had a nice day so far.

So, I’m in a bit of a pickle about potential powers and would like some help. I have a baseline story idea, but I’m stuck on figuring out powers that aren’t exactly mainstream (super strength, super speed, mind control, etc…) for the MC.

A quick example might be that the MC could be a tactician–able to “read” a person during a fight and react accordingly…if that makes sense?

I don’t know, any ideas would be majorly appreciated though.

Thanks in advance!

17 Likes

So…you want like…toned down power? like super eyesight? hold your breath for a long time ?

2 Likes

How about Glu-Ten? They could be a superhero who can increase the amount of gluten tenfolds in ANY food or drink.

Highly effective against gluten-intolerant superheroes and villains … and pizza crust.

Edit: Okay here are some more serious suggestions:

• A super power based around grammar which empowers the hero*ine to jumble other people’s words (and thoughts?) And/or understand any language
    *The Screecher - This person can screech really loudly leading to confusion in aly enemy, potentially deafening targets at maximum volume
    *A code-based superpower in which the hero can hack reality with commands in an invisible to others interface?
    *Maybe turning to gas as a super power in order to sneak into buildings and evaporate in order to evade blows?
    *extinguisher: fire extinguishing foam exudes from their mouth whenever they want to.
    *plastic-magnet: Any sort and shape of plastic can be wielded like magnetized metal. They’s be amazing for the ocean and a tricky fighter as they could wrap their nemesis in foils and load huge amounts of plastic on them
11 Likes

A couple ideas I’ve used for my own OCs
Metal mimicry
Precognition
Telekinesis/telepathy
Electrokinetic
Healing
Pyrokinesis
Empathic abilities
Power to amplify/ neutralize others powers
Smoke based powers

There’s a wiki on powers that has a pretty well complied list

3 Likes

Sound redirection.
One could do a great deal of things.
Sound makes air vibrate if there is enough one can create friction which in turn generates heat.
Or one could silence an area and stealth takedown.
Or one could deafen and stun or distraction.
Focusing alot of sound at one point could break or cut through hard objects.

12 Likes

That sounds cool and reminds me of that one scene in Chronicon when you ask Deowine to redirect his voice.

1 Like

Hm Intensify feelings, you can not alter them but increase them as much, as you like

8 Likes

THAT IS SUCH A COOL IDEA!!! :scream:

3 Likes

HOw about the power to send out impulses or vibration? the MC could create shockwaves, destroy objects by touching and vibrating it intensly, or even in extrem cause a very limited earthquakes of sorts

3 Likes

Kinetic stasis.
Enveloping a moving object in a field that prevents it from losing momentum regardless of what it impacts forcing said object to act like a pin-ball until the stasis is deactivated.

So unlimited ricochet; bullets bounce off walls but dont lose speed, cars become unstoppable wrecking balls. So on and so forth.

10 Likes

the power of heat…imagine! you could warm up your cup of coffee…forever . Who need a fraking microwave crap…waiting…1m…30sec…Urgh…:smirk:

3 Likes

Sort of. I guess I’m picturing powers a non-superhero (or villain) would have. Something less grandeur and flashy. No smashing through walls or controlling someone.

These are really good! I’ll definitely be thinking about using some of these.

Adhesion.
The ability to secrete an apoxy, two chemicals that adhere to one another and only to one another on command. Touch the villain and a wall kick or push them into said wall and theyd be stuck until you release them.

Instant restraints, wall climbing, never drop a civilian due to poor grip. Even vehicles glued together or the road.

3 Likes

The power to put bodyparts to things, as make a luggage get legs or an eye to the Wall. No Real parts needed, otherwise it would be creepy. And to command the parts to function, perhaps it would be good to limit the number of controlable parts. So you could make your luggage follow you. Or Spy on someone

3 Likes

How about Mint Control? It’s telekinesis, but only for things that taste like mint. And everyone is like, "Is that a typo for ‘mind control’ and you say ‘No!’ in an annoyed way.

22 Likes

“mintberry Crunch” sorry could not hold that one back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Cellular Frequency,
One can listen to any wireless signal, radio, satellite, walkie talkies, cell phones, voice chat on laptops.

5 Likes

Fists smashing through chests…

2 Likes

You could get all the thin mint cookies you wanted. :smirk:

2 Likes