Hunter SKY (WIP) - Seeking Feedback

I’m back here again with a proper link to a demo of the game. This is my first attempt at making an IF so I must say I am very excited to at least get something to look like my favorite CoG and hosted games. Because I’m new, I would love your thoughts, advice and feedback on the game. I would also love any suggestions on what you would like to be done, changed, added, or removed. Are there any odd things you spotted? Please let me know. For those of you more experienced coders and writers, I’m calling you too to get your opinion. The game is more anime like than the usual CoG HG games, but I’ve tried to keep the escense of the original choice games.

Here is the link. Enjoy!
https://dashingdon.com/play/matt-fusin-/hs-tales-/mygame/

More things will be added so its not finished. :thinking:Lets call it a prototype.

Synopsis so far

Play as a young serf who dreams of becoming a renowned knight in the Kingdom of Altea and enter the academy trials to be admitted into the esteemed Altean Royal Knighthood Academy. Once you make it past the trials, begin your training to become a powerful knight and have your name etched in the hall of legends. Meet many new friends and embark on thrilling adventures with them, and develop the skills needed to best your rivals. In two years time, enter the Tournament of Valor to test everything you have learned against the strongest warriors from all over the planet, and make a name for yourself as the next champion of the world. Will you conquer all and win the tournament? Or will you fail miserably and fall to the wayside as wasted potential?

• Play as a male or female
  • Train to become the strongest among your peers
  • Choose from three different powerful masters to train you
  • Explore romance your with peers and co-equals
  • Explore a vast world filled with awesome lores and legends
  • Use your powers to save your country, or help destroy it
  • Enter the Tournament of Valor and fight against the strongest warriors
  • Prepare to defend the world from an impending threat, or watch it crumble
  • Go on missions to capture wanted bandits, or kill them
  • Hunt fish, boar, birds, and wild beasts
  • Your choices will lead to one of three endings
  • Bond with your peers
  • Take a party with you into battle
  • Engage in fun leisure activities

Please NB: RO’s are heterosexual for plot reasons.

213 Likes

I’ve changed the title to make this thread more findable and put it in the WIP category–but if it more properly belongs in Hobby Projects, just let me know!

8 Likes

Thanks, you’re awesome dude!

10 Likes

Off the jump got a error bad plugin message for the saves but im looking forward to reading the demo when i get a chance.

3 Likes

Is the demo not playing at all? Or does it only say that when you tap the save button?

Hmm, seems I have to get down to the bottom of this. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try and fix it.

5 Likes

No worries i usally just get it open for later and noticed it showed up that way from the opening screen but everything else on that page is looking fine.

2 Likes

Oh, I get what you mean now. Happy to know it’s looking okay.

2 Likes

From the brief start ive done wanted to make a observationis it to be gender locked? If so might want to give people a heads up in the opening post and a general idea of what the story is about as well. Will continue tonplay and will try to give more input later on when i can since currently at work.

3 Likes

The save system isn’t working

2 Likes

I haven’t read any further than this, but I have to say that the first choice:

• “Yes Father! You are a hero from the second Crimson War and the most decorated knight of Altea. I want to grow up to be just like you!”

feels REALLY clunky and unnatural. When I’m talking to my parents, I don’t go, “Yes, Mother, you are a world renowned painter who was given a medal by the Prime Minister. I want to be just like you!”

Also, I would be remiss to not point out this absolute beauty of a question:

• “Second question. Spell co???”

Makes almost as much sense as my university exams :grin:

Overall, though, a fun demo! I liked the writing (mostly), and am curious to see where the story will go moving forward, as well as to meet some new characters.

12 Likes

Thank you for talking the time out to try it. I look forward to hear more when you can.

So it’s decided! I’m going to add a female gender choice. I’ve been lazy to do the extra code for that which is why it’s not there yet lol, but I want everyone to be able to have fun and be anyone they want to be in the game.

It won’t be gender locked anymore tho. I’ll fix it. Thanks again for reminding ne about that.

5 Likes

True, I haven’t gotten around to a save system yet, but it will be added. Thanks for trying and helping out.

3 Likes

Lol this is true, but I was trying to give you a little insight on who the father is, and that he’s a big deal in his country. I can go back and make it more natural though. Thanks for pointing this out.

Lol :rofl: they are just like that. How was the exams btw? Did you enjoy it? Or is there something else that you would have liked.

I am glad you like the demo. Sure! There are a wide cast of characters you will meet throughout the game, all with different personalities and philosophies. There’s much more fun stuff to come.

1 Like

I mean, I can think of a couple of things I’d rather do than my exams (read a book, sleep, watch paint dry, etc.), but overall they’ve all gone fine. Chemistry was the worst, and I’ll probably still manage a B or an A-, so overall not feeling too bad! Hopefully the rest go well too (tomorrow is actually computer science, so wish me luck :slight_smile: ).

4 Likes

Lol, I was talking about the game’s exam, but sure! I wish you the best of luck with your exams! I have some exams to do too, so I know just how you feel.

Chemistry was never my strongest subject, but I still manage to crawl through lol.

4 Likes

Any synopsis?

1 Like

By right I should have put the synopsis up sooner.

Play as a young serf who dreams of becoming a renowned knight in the Kingdom of Altea, and enter the academy trials to be admitted into the esteemed Altean Knighthood Academy. Once you make it past the trials, begin your training to become a powerful knight and have your name etched in the hall of legends. Meet many new friends and embark on thrilling adventures with them, and develop the skills needed to best your rivals. In two years time, enter the Tournament of Valor to test everything you have learned against the strongest warriors from all over the planet, and make a name for yourself as the next champion of the world. Will you conquer all and win the tournament? Or will you fail miserably and fall to the wayside as wasted potential?

(Still to be tweaked though)

3 Likes

May I ask did you make the game with android

1 Like

Yes. How did you know?

2 Likes

hih.hih╰(▔∀▔)╯but I got to say its impressive≖‿≖

2 Likes