How To See Other Games' Code (current info posted in OP and Post 146 on 6/18/19)

Yea i can see the code but is the purchase of the game as stated by impeccably-stressed through CoG itself or from apple/google/steam, because on phone the “buy it now” button links me to google play and also I’m logged in on forum but not in the game not sure if its same acc

I don’t think you can buy CoG games from the website if you in phone, not from my experience at least. Though it doesn’t really matter since CoG staff would unlock it for you if you emailed them the receipt you received after purchase.

The forum and choiceofgames.com website is not the same. To see the codes of the game beyond the demo, you need to log in (or make a account) in the website.

Where do you make the acc though? Don’t see a lgoin button anywhere .-.

On your phone you can try “request desktop site” in the browser options if purchase button redirects you to play store. Then you can input email and register.

1 Like

Usually, I log in through the restore purchase in the beginning page of the game, you got the option to sign up through “No, I’m new” after entering your email (pretty weird why they didn’t make it any easier to be honest :woman_shrugging: not sure if that the only way or not)

To add to the options for phone purchase registering with the CoG site, there’s an Omnibus app available for Android via GooglePlay that if you restore the game into your Omnibus library or purchase it in the Omnibus, it’ll register the game as purchased on CoG site too. For Hosted Games, anyway. Don’t think the CoG games android omnibus is released yet.

Almost all of my HG titles were purchased before I figured out the “view site as website” option in my phone browser, and they are all available via the site now, without staff intervention.

Is there a way to see codes of older games like Heroes Rise?

Okay, I’ve managed to get to the code for my Steam CoG games, but I’ll be damned if I can get the WIP games on dashingdon to work with the following command: allScenes[“startup”].lines.join("\n"); (or variations of it).

No matter what browser I use, it returns an error that allScenes is not defined. I tried Scenes and got the same error. Anyone have any advice on how to get this to work?

Just put ”scenes” after the ”mygame/” in the url (and clean up any stuff after that).

1 Like

You can follow my little tutorial here, but I must warn you, I haven’t been able to find a way where dashingdon returns the code to you correctly indented, so things are gonna come out looking wonky.

1 Like

That worked great! Thanks

@rose-court Thanks, Rose. I had tried that and kept getting errors that “allScenes” was undefined. Tried what @LiliArch suggested and it worked great, though! Thanks to both of you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Firstly, @rose-court change
allScenes["startup"].lines.join("n");
to
allScenes["startup"].lines.join("\n");
in your guide.
\n is a command to format text by lines. “N” just adds a letter after every line and leaves a wall of text as it is.

Secondly, the aforementioned method to view code is for compiled games. I’m not even sure if there are any WIPs hosted that way. Just adding /scenes/ should work fine.

1 Like

Hello. I am trying to make a minmax guide for Fallen Hero: Rebirth. Could someone help me find where the achievement file is? Scene textfiles refer to achievements with codenames. Thx.

Achievements are always listed in startup.txt. If you can access that file (using any of the methods mentioned in the OP) then you should be able to see the achievements—but keep in mind that it doesn’t tell you exactly what you need to get that achievement, you have to look for that by reading through the code itself.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I didn’t check that file thoroughly. I am a moron. As for the code, I am already tormenting myself with that.

1 Like

So I am playing blood money and I want to see what happens when I choose something. I looked at the scenes code via Filza on my iPhone but it’s just a bunch of text. If I look at the code on the browser the {“crc”:-829137210, “lines”:[“ isn’t there. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it so it’s the same as the browser? (sorry if my English is bad)

Which file were you trying to look at? The startup file?

Is it possible to download/save that code to make local copy changes?

How do you mean? I sent it to my email and downloaded on my laptop and used Notepad++ but I got the same thing. Don’t know if you meant that?

No it’s the file with all the scenes in it.