How To See Other Games' Code (current info posted in OP and Post 146 on 6/18/19)

All the scenes listed in a list? That would be considered the startup file.

Also is Filza an app? I’ve never heard of it before.

No it’s like a compact file with different scenes in it like in the picture. But when I open one of the scenes I just get a bunch of text that’s hard to read.

Filza is a file manager for ios but you can also see the files of apps with it. Naamloos

It looks like you straight up downloaded the entire game. Was that your intention?

You can look at the code without having to use Filza.

Did you try this?

https://www.choiceofgames.com/blood-money/scenes/startup.txt

Are you trying to max the statistics? If so then, edit the txt.json file and save it, inside Filza. Don’t export it. Here’s an example I did with Versus 1. You better have a jailbroken iPhone because I don’t think Filza works on stock iOS btw.

https://imgur.com/a/h84Gm1F

Edit- It’s hard to read the code on Filza than the browser. Filza doesn’t format the code, it seems.

Okay so I bought the game again, I have the sign out at the top left, but the $ is still there.

I have bought the game twice and I still can’t get past the $. I have the game am logged into my account in which I bought it, am I doing something wrong or missing a step?

I’m afraid that this is an issue that is beyond the scope of what the forum can help with. In this case, you should contact Choice of Games directly by sending an email to support@choiceofgames.com.

2 Likes

This happens to me sometimes, it won’t let me go to the locked chapters even though I bought it. I can only look at the code if I’m at that specific chapter, and I either have to refresh or close the browser when I get to that chapter. Sometimes it takes a minute to work but it will eventually.

Thanks, it started working but then stopped again for some reason. I’ll email them again and let them know, thank you for your help.

1 Like

How do you view the code for a sub scene within the game? In a game I’ve purchased, there are several “sub scenes” which comprise the main portion of your character’s stat accumulation.

So if code like this shows up in the script : *label enter_the_dojo
*gosub_scene sub_stories dojo_first_visit

What do you enter in the address bar to view the scene properly?

1 Like

In this example, sub_stories would be the name of the .txt file you’re looking for, so you put that in the address bar instead of startup or whatever file you’re currently at. dojo_first_visit in this file is the label it sends you to.

Just looked at the choice of rebels code, I love seeing that just the variable creation is about as long as my entire chapter 1 :joy:

1 Like

Hi everybody. I have a little problem. I dont understand how to open scenes listed with https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/unnatural/scenes/startup.txt is fine https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/unnatural/scenes/episode02_2.txt is fine but https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/unnatural/scenes/%20episode03.txt ( $ episode03) just doesnt work…
What Im doing wrong here???
{“error”:“not registered”}
Using steam restore

The scenes with $ before their name in startup.txt are the scenes you paid for, beyond the demo.

To view the code in those scenes, I believe you need the actual game open in one browser tab, so you are recognised as “registered”. This is how the site knows you’ve paid for the full release. You will probably have to restore purchases from Steam.

In a second tab, you open any of the scene files the same way you have been: /scenes/filename.txt (without the $).

The name of that file, for instance is just episode03 not $ episode03. The $ signifies the scene will be behind the full purchase.

2 Likes

Hello does anybody know how to use filza for games on hosted games or choice of games apps iPhone

Thanks for detailed guide! :heart:

After repacking, it runs on Steam but doesn’t recognize my purchase anymore :sob:

I get the message: “Error: Couldn’t load scenes/startup.txt.json. The file is probably missing or empty.”
But the file is there at the scenes folder.

Please, someone, help?
I’m looking into this to personalize my gameplay, nothing illegal.

Don’t do it on steam. Do it locally. You can download a zipped up “test” CoG that people use when learning the code. Use that, then replace all of the scenes files with what you get from the scenes directory in Steam.

Copy it over, run the index.html file, point to where your scenes folder is, and there ya go. You can edit the scenes files however you want as long as you don’t start futzing with variables without knowing what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :heart:
That’s neat! I could even change font and background color to make it more comfortable for my eyes.

2 Likes

Another thing about doing this…

If the game has pre-made characters for you to use (like if it’s a series or something), you can even set that up in the startup, too. I do that when playing a demo for a game that’s a sequel–that way, I can have my characters in there with the correct stats.

2 Likes

I was having a hard time trying to figure out where the stats files are when playing within the browser. Going to the startup file and manually match the values with your save is much easier. Thanks again :heart:

2 Likes