How To See Other Games' Code (current info posted in OP and Post 146 on 6/18/19)

When I try looking at a certain scene on some of the codes for games I will get {“error”:”not registered”}. Do you know what that means and how to solve it.

If the scene you’re trying to look at has a “$” next to it on the “startup.txt” page, then you can’t look at it until you’ve purchased the full game.

If you’ve purchased the game, just enter it through your CoG account and look up the scene like you’d normally do.

Hey guys! To add onto this, you can always put ‘mygame/scenes/’ after the game name to see the table of contents (eg. different chapters)

How can I see codes for games I bought on the omnibus app? Is it possible?

Thank you :heart:

Yes, it’s possible. You can view them on the CoG website as long as you’re logged into your account.

Thanks!

1 Like

Anyone know how to see code in Moody.ink it works differently as far as i know. Can someone explain how to view it?

What do you mean? It works the exactly same way it works in Dashingdon to me.

Can you give an example it just show 403 error to me when i add scenes.

…I can’t seem to be able to make that happen? It works fine for me as long as I make sure the URL ends with mygame/scenes/. Does your problem occur with every game, or is it just some specific one?

hmm, about looking at other game’s code, is it ethical?
and how do I look at Mercenary’s Life code?

it has a good navigation system between main story, side quest, and day-to-day management, I think I can learn from it for my own WIP,
but I’m unable to look at its code just by adding “/scenes” at the end of its link

can I get some help with that? thank you

Add /scenes/startup.txt to the end of the link, and the scene_list will show you which other txt files you need to open.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, i am having some troubles with the $ scenes, when i try to enter them in the /scens/startup.txt i get te message: “error”:"not registered. I have bought the game, i’m logged in, but i keep getting this error. Yesterday everything was working normally. I am having this problem in every game, not just one, does anybody know something about it? I m using Chrome but i tried in different browsers as well

You’ve spelled scenes the wrong way. :smile: or that may not be the problem…

Example:
https://dashingdon.com/play/infamous/infamous-recent/mygame/scenes/startup

just writing right now, sorry, in the link i am spelling right

1 Like

It sounds like there may be an issue with the site, as someone else has had a similar problem today. Best to email support (at) choiceofgames (dot) com to make sure they’re aware.

Ok, thanks, this error did start while i was palying A Tale of Two Cranes, so it might be something with the game

Oh! Then maybe its something else!

Yea, I’m getting that error now when trying to access the $ scenes.

Haven’t encountered the repeated login request error, tried signing out and in and “Empty Cache and Hard Reload” option to no avail.

Edit: Seems to be working again

1 Like